Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Discouraged to forge

With the reward now in galvatron chips for duping, i noticed this month i am hesitant to now forge my 2 and 3* bots. Maybe some reward in galv chips forging could ch compensate. It is FORGED to fight.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You forge and get higher shards to dupe higher bots for more chips it all works out
  • I dont get that math.

Lets say a low ranked 3 star get me what 21 4* shards? That means it will take me 100 of those to be able to pull a 4* crystal.

Or 100 duped 3* will get me 100,000 galv chips at 1000 each. Far better to keep the low 3* and how you cant dupes.
  • I think you missed my point. That low level bot is worth more to me getting duped then investing in it to later forge.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    I think you missed my point. That low level bot is worth more to me getting duped then investing in it to later forge.

you don't get Mustangjon's point... you're suppose to level up your 3* to rank 4 before feeding them off to a 4* (same applies for 2*s feeding them to 3*s). They give much more forge points + shards that way. Later on you'll have more T1 Alphas than you need from AM, and elsewhere once you start climbing up doing the harder contents such as AM.
  • Lol i get that and you still get about 400 shards.

So you will need to forge 5 3* to be able to get a 4* crystal, hope it dupes for 10k in galv chips, but with about 7 4* not a high chance.

Or keep those 3* which i have all of them. Get those duped and you got 5k in galv chips.

Is that math off?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    Lol i get that and you still get about 400 shards.

So you will need to forge 5 3* to be able to get a 4* crystal, hope it dupes for 10k in galv chips, but with about 7 4* not a high chance.

Or keep those 3* which i have all of them. Get those duped and you got 5k in galv chips.

Is that math off?

if you're like me have almost all the 3*s already then it wouldn't matter to forge away a few of them. Especially bots like Mixmaster and Rachet that does poorly during autoplay in Arena. You will get them back eventually as you farm more 3* shards via alliance missions.

In Arena all you need is around 10+ teams to do well. You will also get more and more 4*s as time goes by. So yea I get why the devs put forging in the first place.

When I was newer to the game I'm totally against forging too.. but as my roster grew it makes sense. Don't rush if you're not ready to do it now.. give it a few months likely you will change your mind.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I think you all don't get the point. OP yes you are right, if you are going for Galvatron or any featured bot forging away 3* bots is a very bad idea, unless you have a really large roster of 4* bots.

So unless you are pretty much sure that you can dupe every 4* you get and want to go for Galvatron it's better NOT to forge.

Because even forging 1-2 bots might result in beeing 1-2k chips short and that pretty much means spending real money to get him.

So my advice at this point of time would be to wait at least till next month until you can be sure that missing 1-2k featured chips won't matter to you. Then you can start forging again.
    P.S. Forging 2 stars is also not brilliant right now, since you need them to build up your arena streak. So I would keep at least 15 all the time.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I'm fine with forging while this event is on, the problem for me is the gold.. Forging is too expensive nowadays and I just don't see kabam adding more ways to get gold in the future, so for the time being forging is a complete pain.
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    edited October 2017
    Forge at max sig - otherwise don't worry about it.
  • Thanks zap, that was my original point. And hoping kabam started rewarding galv chips for forging too.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited October 2017
    If you level and forge it works out to be more galvatron chips than keeping to dupe. For example, you can keep the 2* to dupe for 100 galvatron chips, or you can forge to get 1/4 of a 3* dupe. So forging is basically 250 galvatron chips. x10 for forging a 3* considerations, same ratio though 2500 galvatron shards vs. 1000. The only difference would be if you get a new 4*. Then you get no galvatron chips... but umm... you got a new 4*. Which is 100k galvatron chips, so...
  • Zapper wrote: »
    P.S. Forging 2 stars is also not brilliant right now, since you need them to build up your arena streak. So I would keep at least 15 all the time.

I wouldn't forge them right away, although this actually has more to do with it being an insane resource drain to level them up as soon as you get them. You get one for every premium crystal (likelier than not anyway) and, depending on where your roster is at, you aren't using two stars at all to build a streak. That's what your unduped 3* and non r2 4* are for, and the 1* are better to keep for sandbagging than 2*s. If you sandbag for every match after streak 5 and you still have 1*s, then you only need 3 2*s to do that. You'd have to be not levelling anything else (and/or not playing enough to get crystals from anything) to be levelling 2*s and forging at a clip where you don't have well more than 3 at any particular time.

My approach is... as soon as I'm about to have to sell class iso or lose it, OR if I'm looking at a mountain of gold and I don't have the spark assortment to rank somebody I'm using during infinite streak, then that's when I look for whatever 2* is "ripe" (has been duped 4 or 5 times just sitting there). Level him to use resources, forge him.

If you are talking about using 2*s for getting to 3x streak multiplier you could keep 15 for that... but... don't forget if you are talking about an energon free arena day (so you aren't going for top 10, just 1-2 percent or 1-10 percent depending on which one)... the 3 hour and 4 hour timers on your bots are the biggest point limiter, not whether you built your streak with weak bots first. If you have enough bots to do an entire rotation with no 2*s at all except for sandbaggers and the rotation ends with you on streak 15+ by the time you need to wait for 3 hours... you never need to have more than 3 2* bots in inventory. If you need the 2*s to have enough people to get to infinite streak on first rotation, that is the only time I would say you ever need them since one day arenas started.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Lol i have 4 maxed out 3* and i dont want to forge them because i like them ;(
    wait do you have to have the bots maxed out or do you have to have them at rank 4
    You can forge an unranked bot into another it but you get most shards for next higher tier and more forge xp for rank and leveled up
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    You can forge an unranked bot into another it but you get most shards for next higher tier and more forge xp for rank and leveled up

Yeah, a maxed sig level 2* with like a 30 forge level gives you 1100 shards. Whereas a plain ol unlevelled 2* gives you like 26 shards (lol). If you just keep it around until you happen to have resources to waste so it's sig level 30 or so you get 400ish. Which is plenty enough to keep for a bit then junk on purpose imo.
    Zapper wrote: »
    If you are talking about using 2*s for getting to 3x streak multiplier you could keep 15 for that... but... don't forget if you are talking about an energon free arena day (so you aren't going for top 10, just 1-2 percent or 1-10 percent depending on which one)... the 3 hour and 4 hour timers on your bots are the biggest point limiter, not whether you built your streak with weak bots first. If you have enough bots to do an entire rotation with no 2*s at all except for sandbaggers and the rotation ends with you on streak 15+ by the time you need to wait for 3 hours... you never need to have more than 3 2* bots in inventory. If you need the 2*s to have enough people to get to infinite streak on first rotation, that is the only time I would say you ever need them since one day arenas started.

Nope, I use the first 15 to get to the full multiplier on autoplay. When you do it like that you can maximize the amount of points you get in the first run through. I want to keep the actual time I play arena as low as possible. I need maybe 3 more 4*s then I can to all the milestones in the featured arena in the first go through. This way I only have to play arena once a day, more then enough if you ask me.
    so.. do we need to rank up the 3 star to rank 4 to get more shards? or max it out
  • Any advancement gives you more shards... forge level, sig level, general level. I don't really think either forge or sig level is terribly practical (especially with no 1*s like candy for forge level anymore), which is why my system of letting em sit and dupe until sig level 40ish seems to work. By the time I have tons of resources with nothing more pressing to currently use them on, I usually have a few 2*s that have built back up to there. I level them up at that point then forge.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited October 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Not exactly the correct info.

Higher level and rank of a bot compared to a similarly duped bot at rank 1 level 1 only gives you a laughable amount of shards (considering the amount of gold you invested into them)

For forge XP I believe it depends on how much u had in forged XP from the bot u sacrifice, don’t think rank and level has anything to do with it (I may be wrong at this one, but I don’t really bother tracking and testing out forge XP).

The only real different in shards you get from forging is by the number of dupes / signature levels you had unlocked.

Forging a maxed ranked and level 2* into 3* at signature level zero gives you 85 shards. forging a level 1/10, but signature level 100 bot gives you 1121 shards. Forging a signature 100, 3/30 2* bots gives you 1185 shards... whooping 64 shards more for all the gold... (you probably get back about 1/2 your investment when forging)
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Any advancement gives you more shards... forge level, sig level, general level. I don't really think either forge or sig level is terribly practical (especially with no 1*s like candy for forge level anymore), which is why my system of letting em sit and dupe until sig level 40ish seems to work. By the time I have tons of resources with nothing more pressing to currently use them on, I usually have a few 2*s that have built back up to there. I level them up at that point then forge.

If shard is your focus then I advise you don’t even bother to level up, let the bot duped until sig level 100 and then forge. You won’t miss that 60 - 100 shards from maxing the bots.
    People overall forge for the xp not the shards the shards are a bonus and that’s what I was referring to.
  • I've been doing forging wrong. I don't keep any one or two stars at all.
    I've been doing forging wrong. I don't keep any one or two stars at all.

There really isn't a right or wrong here, you do whatever you like. I like to keep a few 2* bots for arena, but if you don't need that, that's still O.K.
    Im fattening some of my three stars to feed to my 4* motormaster.
    how many 4 star shards do we get when we forge a maxed 3 star
    im doing it for the shards tho lol