Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Still not addressed the constant Crashing?

Comments

• As it seems appropriate in this forum to address my previous comments about crashes, I would like to publicly apologize to Kabam for said comments. For about the past three weeks, (maybe a month now), the frequency of Alliance Mission crashes has (for me at least) probably reduced by 90%. It still happens, but rarely. It used to happen to me every AM, at least twice per. I can count on one hand the total number of crashes since this last major update. It still happens in other modes, but with the health penalty removed, it's tolerable. Clearly improvements are happening, and Kabam deserves the credit. I sincerely apologise for my previous "conspiratorial" comments. I was impatient with the fixes, and I didn't really consider just how many different devices/systems Kabam has to deal with. Please keep up the good work Kabam. And there is still plenty of work to be done...

...but that's another complaint, for another time. [ • ~ • ]
  • RicoGamerRicoGamer Posts: 32
    edited January 2018
    nomisu wrote: »
    doubt kabam got any fix for it due to so many different devices and os..

so? on which phones run it without any errors? maybe some iphones.. samsung is unplayable.. week over week and kabam still doing nothings.. support only watching.. doing nothings too..
    mods here doing nothings.. never answer on thread.. farming our money and give us beta software for testing.. is a [Removed by Moderation]..!!!
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    story mode and bee gauntlee still crashing very frequently for me.

that said i do crash somewhat less often during raids and arena now
  • It's embarrassing how this game constantly crashing ..anyone's can answer here?? @Kabam Miike u there
  • @Kabam Miike i have been dealing with this crashes for a big while. Sometimes i get 2 or 3 crashes in a row when trying to battle in AM. Ya already know the issue with S8+ devices and yet months later no type of fix at all, and of course ya know the crashing issues and yet still gives us the health penalty. Few minutes ago i lost almost all of my bots health because of that damn health penalty. Keeps happening right when im about the defeat node in AM "boom" it crashes and of course i loose all my health and the a.i gets back the full health. Ya dont like cheaters but ya sure cheat alot within this game.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    So, will there be any improvement in version 5.0 for our phones? I am tired of the constant crashing and getting penalized for something that's not my fault. Even doing nothing in the fight gave me crashes. Worse, taking a long look around in the menu and getting into your first fight will instantly crash the game
  • My game crashes right before every special battle, story hardly works. Arena will crash once every 3 bot chosen. I missed out on a lot of rewards for my alliance due to spending an hour restarting the game....i stopped playing for almost a week because of this.. no improvements?
  • Hey Everybody,

We have a new Version of the game dropping tomorrow! Version 5.0 will address a number of performance issues that should help out. Version 5.1 which is targeted for release at the end of the Month has a number of bigger fixes for this, as well as some combat hitching and memory issues.

The Mali GPU issue is still a work in progress with our partners, but unfortunately they don't have a fix ready for us yet, but we do expect one soon.

We know this has been a long standing issue, and we totally understand the frustration. We're very sorry about this, and are working our hardest to get this situation rectified for you all.
  • Chad218Chad218 Posts: 44
    @Kabam Miike what about the swipe response issue? I swipe back, up, or sown and the game dashes in (normally into a killer special or combo)????
    Hey Everybody,

We have a new Version of the game dropping tomorrow! Version 5.0 will address a number of performance issues that should help out. Version 5.1 which is targeted for release at the end of the Month has a number of bigger fixes for this, as well as some combat hitching and memory issues.

The Mali GPU issue is still a work in progress with our partners, but unfortunately they don't have a fix ready for us yet, but we do expect one soon.

We know this has been a long standing issue, and we totally understand the frustration. We're very sorry about this, and are working our hardest to get this situation rectified for you all.

How's resolving performance issues going to help us mali GPU users if the game's issue with mali GPU itself hasn't been resolved yet? Are you saying that because of the better performance, we can squeeze out more gameplay before crash happens to us?
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2018
    @Kabam Miike you guys need to drop the health penalty until you can give us more stable releases.

It was appreciated that you removed it for crash on load, but now the crashes are happening more frequently in fights.

Yeah, you'll have to deal with the fact that people may abuse it. But I think the users suffering from crashes will far outnumber people cheating and taking advantage of it.

Secondly, has your dev team acknowledged that a lot of the crashes are caused by whatever the game is doing in the background?

After a crash, 90+% of the time, I come back to one or more of the following:

-Away mission return
    -Gold ready for pickup
    -Alliance help request
    -Inbox notification
    -Friend request
    -Sale/special offer notification
    -Alliance event prize
    -New alliance event
    -crystal ready for pickup
    Etc etc,

Your game has a serious issue with whatever tasks it's doing in the background/it's in-game notification system.

• Hey Everybody,

Too busy trying to insert advertisements to figure out a fix, eh?
  • Thanks for making the game hard for Samsung players
    S8 and s8+ isn't an entry level smartphone ... you lose another player
  • JamesJames Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    Dear Kabam team,

The game keeps crashing when playing and I lost my arena match due to it.
    Why don't you just let me fight again with the same bot instead of losing the match directly?
    I don't mind fighting again. I just can't tolerate losing my arena point/score without fighting.

My phone is Sony Z2A, android ver 6.0.1
    Please fix it, thank you.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.
  • Grendel_KhanGrendel_Khan Posts: 39
    edited January 2018
    The game crashed on me 7 times during this current Alliance Mission Series. 4 times in a row with my Motormaster against the third bot (scout shark, far right lane, Map 2). It rendered my bot useless. I then tried to fight it with my G1 Optimus, and it crashed twice more consecutively. Two bots wasted in the first section on Map 2. I can't afford repair kits. So once again I'm wasting my best bots for another 24 hours for absolutely no reason, other than Kabam not giving a [removed by moderation] about game breaking bugs. How can one update create so many problems? Way to ruin a game guys! Keep up the [removed by moderation] work...
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Ridiculous. The game is crash no less than once an hour, up to 3 times ab hr. Multiple people including myself just in the alliance Mission event have had gsme crash and lost health. I lost arena streak. I lost health in story. I lost health in spotlight. The crashing is getting down right ridiculous. And I just updated.. guess what? Still effing crashing. I'm reloading this game at least 8% of my play time. It's effing. Ri. Diculous. It's becoming part of the gameplay, reloading and getting back to where you were and using health's you can't afford to get back to where you were before kabam dropped the proverbial ball on you.

Just saying. When everyone had been complaining of crashing non stop, I was getting a crash a day tops. Two weeks later, I'm crashing no less that 10-12 a day .. and trust that number can be exponentially higher. I'm not making whining ticket to your PR bots. . . I mean tech support. More of a waste of time than it is to write up a complaint rant. Cause whereas my "ticket" would just be a number in data, bet and believe you guys will remember much more prominently the guy(the 100th one) to make a rant thread about how effing stupid this crashing issue is.
  • Mega flop need more money or ads why mcoc is more bigger than this and works 100 times better?
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    This just got way worse for me with this update. In 24hrs, 12 of which was game play, 28 crashes not to mention all my restarts to avoid a crash being scared of the power penalty in alliance missions otherwise im sure that number would be higher.

Now every couple arenas it's crashing, and it has started giving the win to the opponent even if it crashes when I'm about to score the winning hit of a perfect fight. There are some story missions I can't even play cuz it crashes every time loading a fight. I haven't yet tried a spot light mission since this update. It has become a 100% rate that a crash will occur when in game messages/notifications happen

Your bots are back
    You have been attacked
    Etc....

This is becoming a tired issue of topic for everyone I'm sure and I'm pretty tired of sending crash reports and such. My galaxy tab s2 loads and plays the game fast but because of its mali gpu. I know there won't be an immediate fix but til then THE POWER PENALTY NEEDS TO BE REMOVED, SHUT OFF, ELIMINATED, SOMETHING!!! When I start a fight and get 50% power taken in an alliance mission fight and go spend MY MONEY in the store on energon, get repair kits, use, and go back to the fight and have it crash again taking the power I just spent money on, I'm pissed, not frustrated, PISSED! This happened a couple times over. Any way to track what I spent and how game progress went so I can ask for a refund? Am I **** for even thinking that could be a possibility? I'm done
  • Hey Everybody,

Gee, great update. The game still crash just as much as before. Turned out the performance update was watching an ad to get energy or watching 3 ads to get 15 energon. Great performance boost there. So we can definitely see where your resource are going. Maybe instead of adding more of these money grabbing feature and devote the devs to debug the game. Now, not only does it freeze/crash loading the fight it freeze/crash loading the damn ads.

It is a vicious cycle. Your game crash, people get frustrated, they reduce spending money on a game that constantly crashes, you add ads to make up for the lost revenue, people get more frustrated because you devoted your time to add ads instead of debug the game, people stop playing the game all together, no one there to watch the stupid ads. Fix the damn game and stop adding features that carries with it more bugs
  • One additonal thing. Keep note of the dev working on certain section of the code and tally the amount of bugs found in those sections. Someone is clearly incompetent and constantly adding more bugs for you to devote more resource in fixing.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    8 crashes in less than 30 min. My first 30 min on the game. Garbage. Garbage update. G.a.r.b.a.g.e. love the game, and at this point I'm rather invested, but maybe it's time to return to FoC on ps3. You know, that game I paid for once and that was it. The one that has never crashed. One that is over 5 yrs old and still ****'s the performance of a constantly updated mobile game.

Dueces
  • RicoGamerRicoGamer Posts: 32
    edited January 2018
    every second AM fight.. Daily fight.. and x time in Arena fights.. closing app for crash.. kabam doing what since month?? nothings.. bring out joke offerings hundred of $ for 1 spark!! wth is wrong in this company?? never seen this strategy for an other game.. EA is a terrible company with much bugged games.. but this here is... speechless
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2018
    Why are posts complaining about the ridiculous amount of crashing getting flagged?

They have every right to be frustrated.

Personally, in experiencing crashes every few minutes. Someone else above me also posted about the notification system in the game. Why aren't you guys looking into this?

What is your dev team doing, exactly?

Why are things like health penalties still here when you've yet to release a single stable version of the game in an entire year?

@Kabam Miike
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    This update has somehow made the crashing even more constant.. I can't even finish a round of using all my bots in arena without multiple crashes now.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    if anything i get a guaranteed crash whenever i change mode (finish raid and going to arena for example)

heck i am practically manually force closing the game after each fight in alliance mission to ensure i do not crash mid fight ...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Yes, I also get a guaranteed crash when changing nodes, but this has happened since release, I believe due to poor memory management of the game. I have an iphone6 (not s), so 1gb of ram.
  • still 15 app crashes every day.. arena.. story.. daily.. nothings works normal.. kabam mike and support team still doing NOTHINGS to fix it..
    shame on kabam for the only one game with 1 year massiv app crashes.. golden support award 2017 !!!!
  • I may have found a work around for the game crashing.

Device: Nexus 6
    Problem: Crashing during the loading screen/at the start of an AM fight. (15-30+ crashes per AM)

Possible Fix: During the loading screen, click the power button on your phone. Let your screen stay black for 3 seconds. Reopen your phone to the active Forged to Fight app.

I've been doing this for a week now, and I haven't crashed once.

Hope this can help anyone who needs it, until they release a fix for this issue.
    edited January 2018
    DREADH3AD wrote: »
    I may have found a work around for the game crashing.

Device: Nexus 6
    Problem: Crashing during the loading screen/at the start of an AM fight. (15-30+ crashes per AM)

Possible Fix: During the loading screen, click the power button on your phone. Let your screen stay black for 3 seconds. Reopen your phone to the active Forged to Fight app.

I've been doing this for a week now, and I haven't crashed once.

Hope this can help anyone who needs it, until they release a fix for this issue.

I wish i could do this. When i accidentally did this several times before, the framelimiter would be broken sometimes. Since the game wasn't supposed to go higher than the normal framerate, the animation became glitchy and the fight became harder because of it. Switching the app in the middle of loading screen can also trigger this effect
  • Great job kabam this game on Samsung is at the first place on the best bug game I've ever played and I don't know why a big company like yours don't know how to fix the crash! You should fire some people!!!!BIG thanks for all ..