Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How Do I Play Rachet?

I'll be honest, I don't like my 3* rachet, but I feel like I'm not playing him correctly considering how much other players rave about him. Any tips on how to play him?

Comments

• Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited October 2017
    Ratchet requires some footwork and knowledge. Above 50% you need to keep distance and land some shocks. Land melee combos when you can but otherwise just dodge, weave and block while popping off ranged basic and melee combos.

Once you are below 50% health, you can use a heavy to both initiate a power gain buff and health regen. So long as you stay between 1 and 49% life, the power gain and health regen will pop everytime you complete a heavy animation hit or miss. At this point, you focus on dodging dodging dodging while building to a SP3. Once you have a SP3, unleash and repeat til enemy dead.

I am no ratchet master and perhaps one can hop in and be a bit more enlightening but that should give you a basic idea and strategy for using our favorite medic.

P.S. Unless you need to throw out a SP2 for some health, just build to a SP3
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    After the nerf there are few people raving about him. But Hired_Goon gives you a reasonable play style. I would add that once you shock the opponents, you have better chance to stun them.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Play him the same way you play every other bot...

Don't get hit, and smash your opponent's face.

His strength is in being able to recover from mistakes that cost you a large amount of HP.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Most just use him for his synergy.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Yes he's been nerfed too many times & has become useless. He definetly needs some type of attack buff.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited October 2017
    ratchet is not completely useless post nerf but yeah pretty much second lowest in tech bots.
  • He hasn't been raved about post nerf. He has one of few heal abilities, and so if you are on a particularly hard map he has utility. That shouldn't be confused with Dr strange back in the day style utility, it's just that he happens to have only heal around other than optimus mv or Megatron if you are in huge trouble.

Other than the trick to heal on purpose... only offensive tip is to try for ranged hits, his dps really needs shock help.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Ratchet is still a top bot. Just because he doesn't do huge damage, it does not mean he is useless. Far from it.

He has great synergies and when utilized correctly, can mop up tons of bots on the map, saving your heaviest hitters for the most difficult matchups.

If you have the 4*, you should be maxing his rank immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just do it.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Ratchet is still a top bot. Just because he doesn't do huge damage, it does not mean he is useless. Far from it.

He has great synergies and when utilized correctly, can mop up tons of bots on the map, saving your heaviest hitters for the most difficult matchups.

If you have the 4*, you should be maxing his rank immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just do it.

Mmmm.... Well.... top bot I dunno. Again a true top bot would be dr strange old school and ratchet ain't that.

Still he DOES heal, and you can keep a damaged ratchet alive all map long where you'd be wasting resources on anyone else. You don't have to care if ratchet is half health. Realizing that sentence IS his playstyle. There are no tips to make him own an opponent harder though:p

• More people say Ratchet is useless after the latest nerf, and some people will still say he's good. You just need to decide where you fall in that. If you don't want to use him, put him on your base defense. That will at least earn you some gold. And if you pair him with the mod that heals, that makes him last a bit longer and runs the clock out on the raider even faster.