Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Galv vs ironhide who's better

So I have a 3* Galvatron and ironhide an was wondering who I should max out who is the better fighter?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ironhide by a mile. All of his specials are great for burst damage with or without dupe. He doesn't overly rely on any particular gimmick either. Whether you're chaining S1s or unloading S2s he gets the damage out there.

Galvatron on other hand seems a bit underwhelming on what he can do damage wise. His charges fade a bit too fast and even if you build a full stack, again, 6 seconds isn't a long time. And he needs those stacks to proc his Dark Burn to help shore up his damage.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    Ironhide, no contest here yup.
  • Options
    Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Ironhide
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Unless they fix Galv's S2 he's a forge fodder to say the most.
  • Options
    Ironhide
  • Options
    I like galv. Have r3 4 star galv and a r5 4 Star IH. IH has a slow fight style. Galv is more reactive. But at the end of the day, hide has way more damage and utility.
  • Options
    Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    IH is a destroyer of worlds
  • Options
    That actually depends, you can actually kill stuff much faster with galvatron... he's way better than my first impression was (forge fodder), and to be honest what I really wanted since better than ironhide would probably be ridiculous, was something definitely FUNNER than endless racing to S2 (or seeing how many heavy hits you can hit in a row without even needing a special). That's not especially FUN was the only problem with demo bots. Nobody would say ironhide sucks... he's very far from my favorite bot.

Anyway for Galvatron to be as impressive you have to be fairly skilled/lucky at regularly landing a combo in the first 2 tries max, sometimes 1 try... much successful AI blocking ruins a stack. BUT... let's say you pull off 2 quick charge/successful attack combos. The heavy combo ender (even one) does a LOT more damage, exponentially more, than Ironhides not at all shabby heavy attack while you are building to s2. If a dark burn pops on top while building, you may have just killed something before you even get to s2. If you are going for dark burn, then build again before releasing your s2, well... just as impressively dead as ironhide.

I will say that Ironhide is more guaranteed (so probably technically better)... it's kind of hard to misfire a plain ol s2. Galvatron won't pull off a pretty sequence every fight (too many blocks, dark burn never fires even on special), but hey he CAN and in my opinion actually turns out to be much funner because he's more random and much more involved than plain ol s2.

• Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    yes galv is fun to use
    but IH is more reliable
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ironhide
    But Galvatron is fun to use but his damage isn't as high as IH
    Or should I say Galvatron is better so Kabam won't nerf IH
  • Options
    Ironhide by far, Galvatron is only good for adding the color purple to your roster.
  • Options
    I really like the synergy Galvatron brings to my Ultra Magnus. That attack bonus makes him a fit for me.
  • Options
    Ironhide all the way! He’s a boss!
  • Options
    Like most everyone else, I agree that Ironhide is better, but Galvatron is much more fun to play with, and for pretty much all the same reasons already mentioned. Two things that would make Galvatron even more fun is getting the sound for his arm cannon from the season 3 G1 cartoons, and--assuming his SP3 kills your enemy--having an animation that shows their body disintegrating like what happened to Starscream in the movie.