Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Can't set in game name

MegaKuppCakeMegaKuppCake Posts: 88
edited April 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi, I can't set my in game name. I've been trying to set it to MegaKuppCake and it always says that it's unavailable or invalid. I've also tried MegaKupCake and MegaKuppCake RW, but get the same error. I am logged in with my Kablam account that's my correct email address (same as the forum account email).,

Comments

• Options
    It's possible that the names you're trying to use have already been chosen by other players. To troubleshoot, can you please close the app (close out of the app, bring up the recently opened apps and swipe to close), then open it back up? This should ensure a fresh connection to the servers to prevent any errors regarding the in game name.

Can you let us know if this resolves the issue for you?
  • Options
    MegaKuppCakeMegaKuppCake Posts: 88
    edited April 2017
    Still the same in ability to change. Can you check with email address is associated with the name MegaKuppCake to see if it's the same? Like there's a duplicate account that was created somehow? I had registered on the forum a while ago even though I couldn't play the game until the release. While I find it unlikely that anyone else used that name, I find it highly unlikely that someone else had already taken "MegaKupCake" and "MegaKuppCake RW".

And since there's no way to currently change our IGN, I don't want to set it to some other random name and never be able to change it to my preferred one. It's the same name I've been using in TFEW and want it to be the same so people in my alliance all know who is who.
  • Options
    @MegaKuppCake , it sounds like this may be more a matter of an account specific issue rather than a bug with choosing an in game name. I’m sorry, this isn’t an issue that we can assist with in the forums as the Moderation Team does not have access to in game accounts.

Our Support team should be able to review your account however, and assist further. You can contact support from the game by tapping on the Gear shaped icon in the top left corner of your base screen, and then on the support button.
  • Options
    That's what I figured it was. Thanks for the direction to try.