Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Invest in 3*** or 4**** bots?

So I almost have every 3*** bot in the game and my number of 4**** bots are slowly growing. 75% of my 3*** bots are rank 3/4 while most of my 4**** bot is ranked 1/5 except one that I pushed to 2/5.

The question is, I have the resources to rank several of the 3*** bots to Rank 4 but should I invest in the 4**** bots instead? They take forever to rank up, especially with the Tier 1 Alpha Sparks.

What is the better route to take?

Comments

• Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Alphas Sparks are plentiful nowadays, so I'd invest your resources into your 4* bots. I was in the exact (as many others have been as well) position as you and I decided to put all my effort into my 4* bots and I never looked back. As long as it doesn't kill your AM teams, use some of your 3* bots as forging food for you 4* bots. Go from 75 to 100 (forging same bot, a tier below) and also get some 4* crystal shards. 4* bots also have a better synergy (8%) and with T3 becoming easier to obtain, you can rank to 3/5 in no time.
  • Options
    Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    edited October 2017
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Alphas Sparks are plentiful nowadays, so I'd invest your resources into your 4* bots. I was in the exact (as many others have been as well) position as you and I decided to put all my effort into my 4* bots and I never looked back. As long as it doesn't kill your AM teams, use some of your 3* bots as forging food for you 4* bots. Go from 75 to 100 (forging same bot, a tier below) and also get some 4* crystal shards. 4* bots also have a better synergy (8%) and with T3 becoming easier to obtain, you can rank to 3/5 in no time.

Can you (or any one else out there) cue me in to where I can find this plentiful of Alpha Sparks?? I can only think of Raid Store (15,000 chips for a measly 500 essence) and Arenas (like the one today which rarely comes around). My squad members never participate nor start up AMs, so... I have no idea where else to look.

• Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Well you can get at least one Alpha per week. If your Alliance isn't participating in AM, good chance they're also not putting much stock in AE events either.

Personally, if you want more then you need to find an alliance that wants more as well. I always wanted more but I also changed my views as I went through a few alliances as I can't stand selfishness.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited October 2017
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »

Can you (or any one else out there) cue me in to where I can find this plentiful of Alpha Sparks?? I can only think of Raid Store (15,000 chips for a measly 500 essence) and Arenas (like the one today which rarely comes around). My squad members never participate nor start up AMs, so... I have no idea where else to look.

15,000 chips for 500 essence might seem like a small return, but you can buy that 4 times a day (with each time you buy it, it costing less than the time before), giving you 2,000 essence a day - so in 5 days you will have earned 1 full Alpha Spark for only having to raid a few times a day.

As Odie mentioned above though, if you really want to start progressing, you need to get in an Alliance that not only does AM on a regular basis, but takes it seriously. You will probably need to donate gold to the Alliance on a weekly basis which is normal, and helps pay for the AMs. It may take a few Alliances to find a good fit for you and your playstyle, but there are thousands of Alliances out there - so, should be plenty for you to choose from.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The only reason to rank 4 your 3* bots is if you have gold to spare, and forge them into your 4* roster.

For arenas 3/30 is good enough.