Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AI evading after special has connected.

Was noticing fighting with many champs, g1 optimus who I was using when I finally decided to make this thread against Bonecrusher was evading my specials after first hit connected. So with optimus first, I landed the first hit then Bonecrusher still evade the last two parts of optimus's first. Is this normal? Can we do this too. It happens with most bots I've noticed.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Was it an actual evade because of nightbird mark mod, or just a Backstep?

If a bot has evade they can evade... But they shouldn't be able to step out mid special.

Make sense?
  • That's what I'm taking about. Stepping out of mid special
  • There are two reasons I can think of for this to happen. Firstly, I'm going to figure you were raiding. That being the case, one of two things happened.

1) Bonecrusher was on a nightbirds mark. Nightbirds mark increases a bots evade chance. Means bots that normally can't evade can altho with very small chances. This evade can pop regardless of basic, heavy or special attack used. Watch for the word EVADE to pop up on the enemy bot side in green.

2) Bonecrusher was on an Exo-Filter. The Exo-Filter periodically makes a bot unstoppable and this would give a bot the ability to suddenly move out of a special as now they're unstoppable. Exo-Filter has the added affect of popping unstoppable instantly if 3 or more debuffs are applied. CW Prime is not the best bot to use against an Exo-Filter simply because it is not uncommon if he is duped to proc 2 armor breaks and a bleed instantly(Sp1 or SP2) proccing the enemies purify and unstoppable.

If you were not raiding then it is simply a weird bug. There is no synergy that gives Bonecrusher evasion and I can't recall a Bonecrusher anywhere in story(haven't done it all so correct me if there is) that sits on mod that gives evasion.

As for if you can do this yourself? Not with all bots. You need to look at abilities and see who has any kind of evasion listed and what causes it to proc. Bots like Bee and Arcee are always evasive dependent on attack type and YES this means that they could evade out of a special that connected. Oher bots like Sideswipe or Barricade require certain actions to happen before becoming evasive for a limited amount of time.
  • Game is full of bugs so I'm not surprised really. They just need a good team and fine tune this game.
  • People keep going on about bugs. I doubt this was a bug. People always trying to call evasion a bug.

In your OP, you say this happens often with most bots. Are you positive you're first hit is even connecting? If they block, they can sidestep and move.

Take a video and let's see what's really happening.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    People keep going on about bugs. I doubt this was a bug. People always trying to call evasion a bug.

In your OP, you say this happens often with most bots. Are you positive you're first hit is even connecting? If they block, they can sidestep and move.

Take a video and let's see what's really happening.

Not a noob. Of course they're connecting. Doesn't matter now. Think update fixed some stuff. Control over character seems to be much better. I can actually win fights now.