Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Deep Wounds Mastery

I had made a topic but it never showed up, so here's Round 2:

I invested a bit of gold and energon into coming up with a resolution but was unable to. So I have 2 points into "Deep Wounds" Mastery (15% longer bleeds) because 2 of 3 bots on AM team bleeds. So I've been playing with these bots but really couldn't tell if the Mastery was truly working, so I decided to test. I took screenshots of BC and his stats while with the Mastery in place and the Mastery inactive.

Active:

azrlb40ncp0m.png
8aag7yr5j2sb.png

Inactive:

w0iv7zhjcqjz.png
sctj5j9he2z6.png

While Active, I took a screenshot in-game:

0ogu1ixlkg22.png
y97o24qw595v.png

So how do we know that this is actually working since the stats don't reflect the change nor does any in-game icon either?

If my other thread pops up, please delete it.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Count the time each bleed last as well if enemy Health is below yours you get the kicker dmg added in
  • Hey there!

So the masteries won't actually show a difference with those stats, but I can definitely talk to the team about it being an added element in the future for further clarity! :)
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Hey there!

So the masteries won't actually show a difference with those stats, but I can definitely talk to the team about it being an added element in the future for further clarity! :)

With the cost to get certain Masteries (in this case 350 energon to buy the Despair Mastery and another 700 to put 2 points into DW), it would be very beneficial to know if something is actually working.

The issue in terms of the timing aspect is if a bot has a bleed time of 3 or 6 seconds, trying to add 15% to that timing to figure out if it's longer is virtually impossible. Maybe if the bleed time was 45 seconds, then you'd know. In terms of the health being affected/reduced, when you're fighting a bot that's near 3000, .8% health reduction is impossible to tell as well.
    edited October 2017
    Well I can tell they last longer with wb and drift without a stop watch and I’m only 3 points in and will goto 5. Now I don’t have bc in am and I believe someone else stated they weren’t sure if it was working for bc in am in another thread
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Well I can tell they last longer without a stop watch and I’m only 3 points in and will goto 5

You must be magical then if you can tell the difference between 10-15% (which is what this thread was originally based on) if the bot has a 3 second bleed time..congrats.

This thread wasn't for you, so go hijack another thread.

Thx.

Yes I can visually see an increase from 3 seconds to 3.6 seconds I can see more bleeds stacking than before I can see the strike down dmg yes I’m magical

If you don’t want people to post the private message the mods otherwise last I checked it’s called a forum.
    I'm sure you can tell the difference between 3 seconds to 3.6 ;)

You are right, this is a forum. But I've also come to learn that there are certain people in our society that like to hear themselves talk and will interject their opinion's even though they really provide no real substance towards the topic that their referencing. Usually means that they're overcompensating for something.

That said, thank you very much Mustangjon for your very helpful insight into this situation :wink:
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Anyone using deep wounds tomorrow (or a moderator) can verify if it's been fixed and is now working in AM?
  • m00nshine wrote: »
    Anyone using deep wounds tomorrow (or a moderator) can verify if it's been fixed and is now working in AM?

We tested it extensively and couldn't find any evidence that it wasn't working, but I'm making sure that we're all keeping an eye on it to be sure that there's nothing fishy going on with it.
    m00nshine wrote: »

We tested it extensively and couldn't find any evidence that it wasn't working, but I'm making sure that we're all keeping an eye on it to be sure that there's nothing fishy going on with it.

Hi Mike,

With the price to buy into some of these Masteries, there should be some kind of icon signifying that it is actually active. In the one screenshot, it shows that "Despair" is active. There isn't a real good reason why Deep Wounds or any other non-passive Mastery isn't shown. A lot of the other masteries are (Courage, etc) but if someone puts just one point in that type of Mastery (Deep Wounds) it's virtually impossible to truly tell if it's working.

I've been in business for a long time and one of the many lessons I've learned dealing with vendors and/or manufacturers is that just because someone "says" it's being done or working, doesn't necessarily hold water. With the price of those Mastery cores, your asking customers to spend energon that would be valued at around $13 or so for just one core? Something showing that it's actually working (whether this or any other Mastery that doesn't show up) should be done.