Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

how did you get 100k Galvatron shards?

Hi there, I read about several people who managed to get already the 4 star Galvatron.
Now, I play since agoust, and I got three 3-star bots at max level, so I'm completing the hard mode Special right now, but I know the expert is out of my range at the moment.
Considering thought that I'm pretty nerding on this game (I work from home, so I can play arenas and missions without time problems) and I got about 50000 shards (60000 if you count the ones I spent on the 3 star Galvatron) I was curious to know how people managed to grind so many shards, hoping that the answer is not just "I purchased them with real money"
Thank you.

Comments

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Stock piled crystal shards the week prior once the announcement came out. That’s shards for 2, 3 and 4 star bots. Duped a bunch of bots and got about 80k chips in the first few minutes
  • Raids got me a whole bunch
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Considering your current progress in the game, 100k Galvatron chips are designed to be out of your reach. It's made for those with a solid collection of 4 stars already. I recommend just getting the 3 star and see what the remaining chips convert into. To be honest, being able to get a 3 star of the new bot without gambling with crystals is a pretty cool new feature.

The expert mode was out of my reasonable range as well, but it only gives 18k is I remember correctly. The raids are by far the best place to get them. I stacked up 40K from the raids. No energon bought tickets required. I had only 56k before and hand and nearly gave up. I figured I'd gave the raids and a go and got 300 chips per raid which requires 2000 raid medals.

Duplicating seems to be a good runner up. I plan to just get the 3 star Dinobot this next month and save all my bot related crystals until December and get a head start on Megatron.

The arena is kinda helpful but it's not the most efficient. Still worth doing for anyone nearing completion.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    For me it was 4* dupes(got 4 this month so I was crazy lucky), 1 week of arena, medium and hard difficulty spotlights, a few days of raids, and diff 60+ AM. Don't forge your bots anymore(unless there's 1 you absolutely need at f100) and just make sure every bot you pull is a dupe. The dupes truly do add up over time
  • Dupes, and raids. I grinded the arenas really hard but realize now that it wasn’t needed. Next month will be way easier... Stock piling many, many crystals that I have been earning
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    Considering your current progress in the game, 100k Galvatron chips are designed to be out of your reach. It's made for those with a solid collection of 4 stars already. I recommend just getting the 3 star and see what the remaining chips convert into. To be honest, being able to get a 3 star of the new bot without gambling with crystals is a pretty cool new feature.

The expert mode was out of my reasonable range as well, but it only gives 18k is I remember correctly. The raids are by far the best place to get them. I stacked up 40K from the raids. No energon bought tickets required. I had only 56k before and hand and nearly gave up. I figured I'd gave the raids and a go and got 300 chips per raid which requires 2000 raid medals.

Duplicating seems to be a good runner up. I plan to just get the 3 star Dinobot this next month and save all my bot related crystals until December and get a head start on Megatron.

The arena is kinda helpful but it's not the most efficient. Still worth doing for anyone nearing completion.

I kinda had the feeling it was something tied about the game progress and about the fact that I'm still a new player, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong or missing some feature of the game.
    Thank you
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Think you’re doing great already cleaning up hard mode with only 3 3*s!

All my chips come from dupes, so yeah ... bought them would fit nicely for that.
  • For those of you that got the majority of your chips through dupes, how many of those crystal shards did you earn through AM vs other means? (I am have not tried the Alliance part of the game yet, so this would be informative for me and likely others.)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I can tell you with certainty that earning 110k chips is fully achievable without any of that... I'm currently on pace to have 40k extra chips and I didn't dupe many 4* bots at all:

xz61c0k858z1.png
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Spark5215 wrote: »
    For those of you that got the majority of your chips through dupes, how many of those crystal shards did you earn through AM vs other means? (I am have not tried the Alliance part of the game yet, so this would be informative for me and likely others.)

You're missing out on a huge number of rewards every day by not being part of an alliance. I strongly recommend joining one immediately.

There's more to alliances than just AM, there's also a constant stream of multiple alliance 'events', which are point gathering exercises, with points coming from various actions specific to the event, but basically cover all aspects of gameplay. The rewards are many and varied. Ore, sparks, crystals, shards etc. Basically everything.

The game is several times harder by not being in an alliance.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    edited October 2017
    You can't get Galvatron shards but Galvatron chips are available
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    I had two 4* Prowl dupes but ended up with over 20k extra Galvatron chips anyway...
  • Dircules wrote: »

All my chips come from dupes, so yeah ... bought them would fit nicely for that.

completing it at 100% of exploration is still a bit out of my reach, at least the 3rd act.
    At least I defeated Galvatron to get the basic rewards.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    Mine were primarily arenas and dupes.
  • Dircules wrote: »

no wait, I got more than 3 bots, but the maxed out are 3 3 stars. I used 2 more 3 stars (level 30 rank 3) for the last 2 slots.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I simply got them by playing everything. Monthly Event, all milestones in the arenas, quite a few raids and two rounds of AM. I didn't get any 4* dupes still I'm going to reach the 100k with the arena tomorrow.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Stock piled crystal shards the week prior once the announcement came out. That’s shards for 2, 3 and 4 star bots. Duped a bunch of bots and got about 80k chips in the first few minutes

What kind of crystal shards? did you just keep all the crystals and wait for the next week?
    And when you say stock pile you mean not opening any of them?
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Steelbane wrote: »

Yes. Since dupes give Featured Bot chips, this is a good strategy if you are able to maintain your self-control and not open all those crystals up before the event starts! Even better if you are able to sit on 3*/4*'s crystals as those dupes give a lot more chips.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    Saving your pbcs and 3 and potentially 4 Star crystals until the event start is the way to go. I knew a few people that had 20 to 40k on day one.
  • I’m sitting on 20pbc and 2 3* for next event. Haven’t opened anything in over a week! First day will be like Xmas! Haha
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Haven't opened anything since day 1 of October. 4 weeks ago. Sitting on enough crystals to instantly get another 100k chips provided everything is a dupe! Then another 4 (or 5, @Kabam Miike , figured out what to do with last week of November yet?) weeks of saving up.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I’m sitting on 20pbc and 2 3* for next event. Haven’t opened anything in over a week! First day will be like Xmas! Haha

20 PBCs have an expected result of 18 2* bots and 2 3*s. Don't expect your XMAS to come early this year. I opened 60 last time and got 55 2* and 5 3*, even less then expected.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Steelbane wrote: »

@Steelbane previously we were given about a weeks heads up. I ran Crystal arena pretty hard and actually had 2 fourstar crystals in waiting. After arenas I had four total all duped so that was 40K. I also had 8 3 star crystals all but 2 dupes another 4K. The rest were a result of a stock pile of premium shards probably 25 crystals worth. I don’t need bots I have them, so for me I can wait and open them after I stock pile a ton over the course of a month or so. Same with this month although some actually have more than me in my alliance stock piled.
    if this month is gonna be dinobot im not going to open my crystals imma stockpile all my crystals in the coming month
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Agreed with @Steelbane . Reading Dinobot's intel and I'm like "Holy Unicron, this guy is literally a beeeeeeeast". Blocking does armor break and costs enemy health, normals do armor penetration and sometimes unblockable? OMG.
  • Well dinobot was the best thing about beast wars....

Yay to his awesomeness
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    the shards are very easily achievable when you play at the highest levels. keep growing, it'll be a breeze eventually.
  • what do you mean by highest levels