Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raise your voice against Crystal shard arena

Who thinks those Crystal shard arena’s need to be replaced with more sig stones arena! 4* shards are being given away too much. There needs to be a boundary. Constructive topic. (No trolls).

Comments

• You know, you make it really hard not to troll honestly. Just the sheer mention To not troll makes people want to troll. It’s a trigger, and most can’t resist the temptation. What will you do if trolls show up?

I’ll do my best in having a constructive conversation about it though. If we get ride of crystal shard arenas, how does someone get a 4* other than the feature? Pbc’s have a very low drop rate for 4*’s.
    If we count forging to give out 4* shards, what is the rate of a player to get a 4* in a month? (With money and without money?) I know AM gives shards which you can get 750 4* shards.... do you have a chart of where and how many 4* shards that can be earned in game?
  • BurbamBurbam Posts: 27
    1axh11xbike4.jpg
    I would like a gold arena to replace raid arena
  • There's the 1k they offered in raid store over the month and then 1k from current spotlight hard. On top of alliance event missions and forging.
  • Correction, the 750 4* shards are from Knight crystal, not the AM shattered crystal. My bad on that, maybe that’s something they could add to the shattered crystal as a compromise.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Four star shards are incredibly hard to obtain as a low level player. I have 13 3 stars. . Not a single 4 star. And I've tried. Thing is some of us actually have lives, jobs, etc. It's rather hard to get four star shards personally. Just like getting 100,000 frickin dinobot chips. That's just ten 4 star dups. Or 100 3 star dups. But what's easiest and most common dup? 2 star. And it takes a THOUSAND dups. They make it easier for players who have higher tier bots and items.. and harder for lower tier. It's backwards
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I want more sig arena. I already have every 4* in game so crystals mean nothing to me. And to quote one of the greatest leaders of our time, of all time, “I am the only one that matters”. Give me 7 sig upgrade arenas a week, please!
  • Remmie wrote: »
    Four star shards are incredibly hard to obtain as a low level player. I have 13 3 stars. . Not a single 4 star. And I've tried. Thing is some of us actually have lives, jobs, etc. It's rather hard to get four star shards personally. Just like getting 100,000 frickin dinobot chips. That's just ten 4 star dups. Or 100 3 star dups. But what's easiest and most common dup? 2 star. And it takes a THOUSAND dups. They make it easier for players who have higher tier bots and items.. and harder for lower tier. It's backwards

No, they have it quite right. Lower tier will always have a harder time acquiring 4* bots and the higher catalysts for ranking. It merely takes time and patience. Instead of worrying about 4* bots, you need to be focusing on maxing your 6 favorite 3*s(1 of each class). With that, you can then begin to 100% Hard. Getting 100% on hard spotlight is 1 thousand 4* shards. Your first of anything in this game takes the longest.

See, the thing is. I have a job, family, a life. I just choose the content I play based on what I need at the time. Between raiding and Hard spotlight, that's a guaranteed 4* once a month for very, very little time spent. That's a great place to start. You're not going to be pulling many 4* to begin with. With what you're saying, you don't have enough materials to properly utilize a 4* anyway. Patience young Skywalker. Time will bring what you want.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    but yes.. even when I'm ok with the devs removing 1 crystal bounty arena.. it has definitely demotivate me from spending more time at the game.. looking at other mobile games since this was implemented.

sig + arena just isn't the same.. you're just discouraging players from remaining in your game devs.. this is not a motivation factor at all.

Ok, so I started playing Kabam’s other game this year in Jan. I got my first 3* bot after maybe, 3 weeks? I got my first 4* after 3 months. In a game where all the top players had a dozen or so 5* bots (champs actually, but whtever)

The point is, I didn’t care that other players who’d been playing longer than me were more advanced. I compared myself against people who started the same time as me, and was intrerested in maintaining a decent rate of progression. I never expected to be the *top player* when others had been playing two years longer than me. It’s just silly to thing about it this way
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Remmie wrote: »

Ok, so I started playing Kabam’s other game this year in Jan. I got my first 3* bot after maybe, 3 weeks? I got my first 4* after 3 months. In a game where all the top players had a dozen or so 5* bots (champs actually, but whtever)

The point is, I didn’t care that other players who’d been playing longer than me were more advanced. I compared myself against people who started the same time as me, and was intrerested in maintaining a decent rate of progression. I never expected to be the *top player* when others had been playing two years longer than me. It’s just silly to thing about it this way

I don't want to be a top player by any means. Them people have too much time to devote vs me. But I now have 14 3* bots. 11 of which are maxed on their 3rd rank. I got an alpha spark today. So ONE of 11 I can now get to last rank. Ive played this game all together about 5 months without one 4*. And I do like to judge my progression based on players with same time invested. What I noticed is I have more 3* bots.. but most everyone ive met who's around the same time invested as me as several 4* bots now.

Problem is, I can't get these 3* bots to high enough level to get completion rewards on hard spotlight missions. To invest all that time into raid for alphas pretty much ensures I won't get the four star featured bot no matter what. I got two 3* galvs. But was not even close to getting 4*. And here's the thing.. of all bots.. Dinobot is the ONE bot I want as a 4 *. He is by far my fav bot out of all tf timelines.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    If you want more 4* just forge your house!!!!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    @Remmie for 5 months you should definitely have more than 1 alpha by now. It doesn't take a lot of raiding to get 1/5 of an alpha per day, plus all the other areas alpha can come from.

I'm not sure what areas you're putting time in to but your priority should be alphas if you don't have any rank 4 3*, you need to get a set of bots for raiding and then 2 more for story.

Maxing out 11 at rank 3 is a waste of time and resources and not the right focus.
    Terminal wrote: »
    @Remmie for 5 months you should definitely have more than 1 alpha by now. It doesn't take a lot of raiding to get 1/5 of an alpha per day, plus all the other areas alpha can come from.

I'm not sure what areas you're putting time in to but your priority should be alphas if you don't have any rank 4 3*, you need to get a set of bots for raiding and then 2 more for story.

Maxing out 11 at rank 3 is a waste of time and resources and not the right focus.

So where do I find tips as to where to focus? Likesay I have 14 three star bots.. about the same in 2* bots.. almost all my two stars are awakened. My rating is 14000 roughly. My top 7 bots are all around the same lvl.
    My rating is 14000 roughly.

For starters, that number is meaningless. Not your fault that they even leave it in the game, but trust me, it really means nothing.
    Problem is, I can't get these 3* bots to high enough level to get completion rewards on hard spotlight missions.

Something is wrong here. I can practically autoplay all of hard spotlight with my R3 3* bots. I bring maybe 1 R4 3*.
    So where do I find tips as to where to focus?

You can find youtube videos where people have ranked bots and go by what they say... or just months, level up the ones you think are best. Start with 1 per class and go from there. Everyone used to say Arcee was terrible, and for a long time that was my first and only 3*, so I learned to get good with her. In capable hands, any bot can be good. Even Mixmaster (love him!).
    I think arcee is phenomenal. And I can airplay the easy routes. But all the juicy rewards are in exploration.

I have 900+ waspinator waiting for gold rank up. 885 mirage, roughly same lvl optimus, wingblade and bludgeon. Then comes Galvatron, ratchet, starscream and one other I'm forgetting in the 700s. Then bunch of two stars in various stages. Then up and coming three star sideswipe. Mixmaster and grinder three stars are fresh and unleveled.

Raids are rather easy for me. Story in act 3 is rather easy if I play(not autoplay). But completion routes for spotlight hard and act 3 missions get rather difficult when my bots are outclassed by about 300. Skill wise.. I can breeze thru alliance missions with my r3 3* better than a lot of alliance members can with 1300 rated bots . So i think my issue is knowing a plan if attack for each thing I want to accomplish. I forged a two star last night(maxed out and awakened) as I was told I'd get 4* shards. I got 3* shards(which is how I acquired grindor)
    Right now my main focus is getting 4* dinobot. As ive said before if he were the only four star I get for this yr I'd be content. He's my all time fav tf. But it seems only ppl who have 4 star bots can really achieve this. Or if I was willing to sacrifice all my two star bots for 3* shards to get dups. But that'd still leave me grinding like a mfer in raids and arena events. And if i were to eliminate all my two stars.. arena becomes hard to acquire good scores(think quantity of bots over quality at this point). So I'm just.. confused. Apparently as ive learned .. raids is the best way to acquire alphas. Which I'll start doing. I have to at this point .. but damn. Is one four star really worth neglecting all my other bots?
    Terminal wrote: »

Reason I did is I struggled early in the game. It went from stupid easy to stupid hard until I liked up my two stars. Then came act 2.

So now I have enough 700+ rated 3* bots for two whole squads. A 5 bot squad and a 3 bot squad. That should theoretically be what I need yeh? One for raids one for stories and spotlight. Hell I even have a third string almost(mainly cause I'll use my three highest rated bots for alliance missions. Which I hate alliance missions because my alliance only has 6 super active members. So it's just like a waste of time the rewards are ****. Our highest rank was like 270)
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    You can check my guide for how to get the 100k 4*, but the short of it is get 1-10% in the feature arena every day and slam the raid week.. like 12+ per day. With a weak AM and no spotlight chips you will have to smash raids to fill the gap. You'll also likely need a few dupes to fill the gap, hopefully you have a bunch of crystals saved from last month.

about tips for where to focus; you only need 5 for spotlight, 3 for raid, they can be shared easily if you balance energy and raid tickets. Your AM is inactive so you don't need bots for that, yet. So after five is when focus should have changed to getting alpha and class sparks over everything else. You should be getting 1 alpha every 5 days minimum plus all the other places for alpha. Forget base defense, your base will get steam rolled whether it's 2* or rank 3 3*.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    latest sig arena is really bad.. opened all 10 superior sig crystals, 15 sig crystals.. and only got ONE... ONE 4* scout sig upgrade.. used it on my 4* Prowl and it only increased his sig by 1 level (the energy gain % didn't went up coz it's just 1 level??? )

tell me why I should farm for top 1-2% with 1million+ points if this continues? Where is the MOTIVATION devs? Have u tried played the sig arena yourself once again? Try reach top 1-2% and tell me how u feel about its rewards.

2* and 3* sig upgrades mostly? really ? like we ever needed them to begin with???

@Kabam Miike
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Davien wrote: »
    latest sig arena is really bad.. opened all 10 superior sig crystals, 15 sig crystals.. and only got ONE... ONE 4* scout sig upgrade.. used it on my 4* Prowl and it only increased his sig by 1 level (the energy gain % didn't went up coz it's just 1 level??? )

tell me why I should farm for top 1-2% with 1million+ points if this continues? Where is the MOTIVATION devs? Have u tried played the sig arena yourself once again? Try reach top 1-2% and tell me how u feel about its rewards.

2* and 3* sig upgrades mostly? really ? like we ever needed them to begin with???

@Kabam Miike

So you got in essence 1/5 a dupe or 400 4* shards then assuming you got say 10x3* sigs that’s equivalent to another 110 4* shards from forging so total 550 worth roughly if it had been another crystal bounty your same 3-4% could have been depending on where bracket fell 450 to 650 4* shards... equal to equal value your not far off