The best way for new players to catch up poll

ManthroManthro Posts: 1,118
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
What is the best idea for helping players catch up??

The best way for new players to catch up poll 29 votes

Just give them free 4* bots, they deserve it!
3%
Davien 1 vote
Just give them free 4* awakening programs, they deserve it!
0%
Give them free energon to buy stuff, they deserve it!
10%
DatBoiLivesToughNaiguitimare 3 votes
Make all the best rank rewards for lowest ranks instead of highest ranks, I don't foresee a problem!
0%
Ban all top level accounts for a month without cause while the rest battle it out for rewards!
20%
AmanoBlogZmogisHired_GoonPromethium1ViralintheFrayxxerexx 6 votes
Convince every player to get exact minimum qualifying points in arena... 1st place for EVERYONE!
17%
ManthroCanuck33HumpyhampsterSonerbabaSt0rmCr0w 5 votes
This is definitely your worst poll so far, Manthro!
13%
DirculesKillMasterCMufc14Insanecloud 4 votes
This is your GREATEST poll so far, Manthro!
10%
AnubisElitehunterWunWun420 3 votes
A few more polls and we can actually have a sweet sixteen final poll poll!
24%
Lordnomisujferg88Gunz0BeerguzzlerOdie21Bobnfloyd 7 votes

Comments

  • ToughTough Posts: 6
    Give them free energon to buy stuff, they deserve it!
    I vote for all. They all sound nice, except that this isn’t your worst poll!! But I think that...
  • ToughTough Posts: 6
    Give them free energon to buy stuff, they deserve it!
    Free energon sound good.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 94
    edited November 2017
    This is definitely your worst poll so far, Manthro!
    Closed servers or worlds like Travian would be a perfect solution.
    If you are not familiar with Travian & similar games then let me explain it for you:
    They open a new server (ts1.travian.com) then allow the players to join for a short period of time then they close the registration and let the players compete against each other.
    New players will join another new server (ts2.travian.com) & the same process repeat itself.
    Now how can Kabam apply the same thing on TFTF?
    Simply when you login you will be asked to insert your username, password like what we do now + your server number like TFTF1,TFTF2...etc.
  • Or scrap rank rewards and just use milestones so no one cares about where they rank anymore
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    edited November 2017
    I mean, yeah we can do a straw man argument by exaggerating everything to extremes as a kind of joke and subtly undermine the situation, but the reality is this:

    88% of the population get 0 4* shards from arena now. 8-12% get 0.4 crystals per month, previously 1.1 per month. Now, 5-7% get 1.3 crystals per month.

    The 1-7% can't see the forest for the trees because they're getting a bit extra, with arguments like 'oh your rewards were moved to spotlight', but they also get that too so it's double dipping. 93% of the player base be damned. I can't understand the short-sightedness at all.

    With these numbers we're not even talking about catching up, it's just having something for them to play for.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 575
    Just give them free 4* bots, they deserve it!
    u forgot to insert the best and most efficient way.. spend lots of $$$$ in game.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 290
    A few more polls and we can actually have a sweet sixteen final poll poll!
    it is but a diverson from the real topic at hand : MOAR POLLS
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 135
    Go back to milestones. That's what made this game great... You could work for a fixed reward, the more work the better your results.

    Now the new system is just stupid and stratifies progress more than it ever did

    I think frankly just about everyone liked the old system better, beginner and advanced. Sure people like shorter arenas and some of the new arena prizes, but almost universally everyone wants the game to go back to what it was.

    Beginners can progress via milestones and us more experienced players can not be gold/resource starved like we are now.

    Why Kabam are being so thick about it, I don't know. Then again, it seems to be part of their DNA. Make an excellent game and ruin it with bad business decisions.
  • This is definitely your worst poll so far, Manthro!
    C'mon, make Level/Total Rating restrictions for certain part of the game.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 569
    edited November 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    I mean, yeah we can do a straw man argument by exaggerating everything to extremes as a kind of joke and subtly undermine the situation

    I was being serious. Sorry you seem to have read my comment as facetious, it wasn't intended to be
  • How about a nice game of chess?
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 183
    A few more polls and we can actually have a sweet sixteen final poll poll!
    I should have voted worst poll ever because “Is Odie the coolest dog?” wasn’t an option but I didn’t want ruffle anyone’s feathers.

    That said, one of 3 things will happen:

    1. The company has heard what a majority of the players here have said and will make an announcement/adjustments very soon or;

    2. They’ll divert your attention elsewhere with something new or;

    3. They’ll doing nothing and continue along their pre-designed path regardless of what their customers want. Weird, a company that tailors to what their customers want...just truly weird.
  • GRIND!


    Oh, and Odie was the true star of Garfield and Friends!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    edited November 2017
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »
    I mean, yeah we can do a straw man argument by exaggerating everything to extremes as a kind of joke and subtly undermine the situation

    I was being serious. Sorry you seem to have read my comment as facetious, it wasn't intended to be

    Oh, I didn't see your comment, it wasn't there when I posted, wasn't directed at you :)

    I'd been typing for a few minutes, mulling how to say it.. I was referring to the poll and some of the attitudes in general I've found in other threads.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 159
    On a more serious note - new players don’t even get access to the daily login calendar rewards or auto fights in arenas. I started on October 9th and have none of these and have read about others who don’t have them and had it confirmed by kabam support.

    So not only is there a huge gulf already, but new players are unfairly disadvantaged by being denied access to the very basic rewards that players get for literally opening the app once a day.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    DaveJL wrote: »
    On a more serious note - new players don’t even get access to the daily login calendar rewards or auto fights in arenas. I started on October 9th and have none of these and have read about others who don’t have them and had it confirmed by kabam support.

    So not only is there a huge gulf already, but new players are unfairly disadvantaged by being denied access to the very basic rewards that players get for literally opening the app once a day.

    I've seen several say they don't have a calendar. Has there been any reason given? It's crazy that a company would do this and not have it fixed already at a high priority. How are we supposed to get new players, and get them to stay being treated like this? and why aren't the top players more passionate and concerned about these problems? Why aren't they being champions trying to make things better for new players instead of making joke polls undermining their situation?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 159
    Terminal wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    On a more serious note - new players don’t even get access to the daily login calendar rewards or auto fights in arenas. I started on October 9th and have none of these and have read about others who don’t have them and had it confirmed by kabam support.

    So not only is there a huge gulf already, but new players are unfairly disadvantaged by being denied access to the very basic rewards that players get for literally opening the app once a day.

    I've seen several say they don't have a calendar. Has there been any reason given? It's crazy that a company would do this and not have it fixed already at a high priority. How are we supposed to get new players, and get them to stay being treated like this? and why aren't the top players more passionate and concerned about these problems? Why aren't they being champions trying to make things better for new players instead of making joke polls undermining their situation?

    I uploaded my response but it was deleted as apparently it contravenes the rules.

    Basically I was told that the game team often run tests to understand how players play the game and help them improve it, and that yes some features aren’t available to some players.

    I’m not sure how on earth disabling the login calendar achieves this and I wasn’t given an answer, only pre-scripted apologies. It’s a bit of a joke - I suppose brand new players aren’t forced to know there even is a calendar - I only realised after everyone in my alliance was collecting 3* Starscreams. I didn’t know about arena autofight until again, alliance members were chatting about it. They are all dumbfounded that I don’t get these things and if I hadn’t already spent quite a bit to get started, I would have just gone back to MCOC, where I was already on the verge of not playing anyway
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 135
    Wow, that’s stupid on an epic level. Makes you wonder if Kabam are winding down support for this game if that’s how they are treating new users. If anything, those are the people they should be showering with free stuff. Hold your wallets tight folks until we see how these things play out.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 159
    It’s pretty clear that MCOC was their cow. Do Netmarble own this game as well as MCOC? I can’t remember whether or not they bought Kabam or just the rights to the game, but it is obvious this game hasn’t achieved the same success so maybe you are right.

    I often said that MCOC thrived off the popularity of the Marvel brand and films and what kept players playing was the social and community side of the game, because the support and state of the game is always a poor standard. Unfortunately, this game is in a worse state for bugs and the support seems worse BUT this is a better game in theory - combat is more complex and challenging, graphics are better and I think the way progression is structured is a ton better. It just doesn’t have the brand backing or popularity that the Marvel name brings to MCOC (I am aware they created Transformers but I think people associate it with the films, as people do the Marvel brand now). Especially as a lot would argue that Bay ruined Transformers...

    Anyway, the point is that far from encouraging new players and a new audience, yes, they are hindering it and inevitably damaging the game for all, when the conditions for growing the game are already adverse.
  • Convince every player to get exact minimum qualifying points in arena... 1st place for EVERYONE!
    Clearly the biggest benefit is to have everyone hit the exact minimum requirements. Hahaha
  • Its funny that these types of threads that are pretty much just making fun of legitimate user complaints and issues are allowed, where other posts and threads that complain about such things are quickly removed.

    At the end of the day, the people complaining about the game, are still playing the game...for now. If your ultimate goal is to get them to quit because you dont like hearing people complain about something you think is fair, then you are only hurting yourself as this game will not stay alive based on a handful of whales that have no problem spending hundreds/thousands of dollars a month on this game and who can play it 24/7. This games player base is so small, the higher end players should really be the ones encouraging Kabam to make changes that help newer players. And, to be clear, when I say "make changes to help new players", many of those changes would be just reverting back to how the old system used to be....you know, the way thing were when YOU first started, and what helped you get to the point you are at right now.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 135
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Its funny that these types of threads that are pretty much just making fun of legitimate user complaints and issues are allowed, where other posts and threads that complain about such things are quickly removed.

    At the end of the day, the people complaining about the game, are still playing the game...for now. If your ultimate goal is to get them to quit because you dont like hearing people complain about something you think is fair, then you are only hurting yourself as this game will not stay alive based on a handful of whales that have no problem spending hundreds/thousands of dollars a month on this game and who can play it 24/7. This games player base is so small, the higher end players should really be the ones encouraging Kabam to make changes that help newer players. And, to be clear, when I say "make changes to help new players", many of those changes would be just reverting back to how the old system used to be....you know, the way thing were when YOU first started, and what helped you get to the point you are at right now.

    Bang on! I'm trying to champion the new user experience because I know how vital growth is to this game actually staying alive. I also recognize just how stupid many of the recent changes have been to these people. Kabam have put a bullet into several underperforming titles already. It should be in everyone's best interest.

    It's disappointing just how caustic many of the "higher end" players have been. The whole "screw you, I got mine" mentality is ... sad. Even worse, it's not like its a tax that's robbing from you to pay them, this isn't a net sum game. Being king of a dead game is no great reward...
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 416
    edited November 2017
    Ban all top level accounts for a month without cause while the rest battle it out for rewards!
    People keep bringing up arena, arena, arena. It's hilarious because arena had almost NOTHING to do with where I am today since launch. So might as well ban everyone with an r3
    4* or higher so the rest can get their arena on and still be in the same place in a month when we all get unbanned.

    Seriously. You can go through story, spotlight occasional raiding and AM and get what you want/need. And all of these are great where they are atm.

    AM needs a few tweaks concerning points but it's otherwise ok. Those 100% exploration rewards are what you need to be after.

    Raiding is great where it's at atm. The daily raid store deals have been superb.

    Story and spotlight both are fine where they're at.

    PS I've always gotten bulk of my arena chips from away missions. Works pretty good.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 135
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    People keep bringing up arena, arena, arena. It's hilarious because arena had almost NOTHING to do with where I am today since launch. So might as well ban everyone with an r3
    4* or higher so the rest can get their arena on and still be in the same place in a month when we all get unbanned.

    PS I've always gotten bulk of my arena chips from away missions. Works pretty good.

    It would seem you didn't play much arena then. Even now I get a tiny fraction of the arena chips I used to and I do chip away missions as a priority. I built my entire roster using arenas and milestones. Grinding the hell out of the 2 star arenas, then the 2star and 3 star once I started to get 3stars that.... I got from doing the 2 star arena.

    Hell I wouldn't have even been able to do arena or spotlight events without the bots I got from doing arenas, or been strong enough without the forging I did from the 1 star bots I earned, again, from arenas.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    People keep bringing up arena, arena, arena. It's hilarious because arena had almost NOTHING to do with where I am today since launch.

    You have 4,800 arena wins. Pretty sure the impact of that is more than 'almost nothing'.

    I'm at 5000 wins since launch. I never really participated in arena either. I only went for all the milestones during bounty and that was about it. Other arenas I had minimal participation, often not completing the milestones and never completing both 3* and 4* arena.

    That being said, a large portion of my 4* have come from the shards from the old bounty arena. I can't remember the old 1-10% rank reward, I think it was between 150-450. I think maybe 11-20% was 150? Because top rank was 1000 shards. Please share if anyone has the info.

    I never used any of my 4* until I could hit rank 3 with them, because it was more valuable to have 2x rank 4 three stars upgraded and the ones I got were garbage at the time compared to other bots (mixmaster etc).

    Even though I couldn't use my 4*, it was a progression path I could work on and gave me some end game goals. I also got lots of crystals because I couldn't do infinite streaks and wanted to use all my 1* and 2* bots all the time, so I also got extra gold and energon from that. Not to mention the energon from milestones (which I now have to do raids to get, randomly, not when I want or need it, because who knows when it will show up).

    So now, for the same effort and points I get 400 instead of 1000 shards (plus whatever the old rank gave) over 2 days and not even 10 crystals per day. You can tell me my missing shards have moved to spotlight, but that goes against what Miike said about not taking away from players. It's also just lame in general and means I have to 100% hard for 400 more shards than I would have gotten anyway from arena. It makes the reward look better than what it actually is, and we also had that reward in the old system anyway.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 159
    Just a heads up, but my calendar activated today - exactly a month after creating my account. This either means someone listened or it is disabled for new players for a month.
Sign In or Register to comment.