Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Health Penalty

I'm still getting health penalty when crash on load in Special and Story Missions. Why? I thought it's been removed?
Tagged:

Comments

• Really? I haven't recently, but it happened once during a raid.
  • It's still happening to several folks, mostly in AM and the spotlight. Also, for me in the latest chapter of story, basically everything post 4.0. sometimes its the frozen at the loading screen while the sound of the fight plays on bug so the game probably thinks you've loaded the battle.
  • edited November 2017
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    I'm still getting health penalty when crash on load in Special and Story Missions. Why? I thought it's been removed?
    asparagus wrote: »
    It's still happening to several folks, mostly in AM and the spotlight. Also, for me in the latest chapter of story, basically everything post 4.0. sometimes its the frozen at the loading screen while the sound of the fight plays on bug so the game probably thinks you've loaded the battle.

You shouldn't take a health penalty if you crash on load, but you will take one if combat is active underneath the load screen due to a bug as the load is technically over at this point. Is this maybe what is happening to you, hoolie?
  • The fight under the load screen bug happens to me sometimes, but usually the game just crashes at the load screen, but seemingly right when the load screen would transition into the battle. Sometimes I'll see a glimpse of the battle, but 95% of the time, not. But I almost always receive the hp penalty in spotlight and am missions with any kind of crashing..95% of the time. Nexus 6 7.1.1
  • Kabam Kavs wrote: »

You shouldn't take a health penalty if you crash on load, but you will take one if combat is active underneath the load screen due to a bug as the load is technically over at this point. Is this maybe what is happening to you, hoolie?

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950FD (Exynos). 99% won't get any penalty.

First case it crash when the bot drop down before Ready, Fight.

Second is still on load screen. Maybe it is very similar to first case, but just crash slightly earlier where I don't see any bot drop down screen.

May I know at which point we will start take penalty when crash?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    One of my team’s best fighters has been having issues on his iPad Air 2 since “upgrading” to iOS 11 with the latest game update. He just lost 50% of his bot’s health while trying to load a fight in AM that didn’t even get started, just shows problem trying to connect. Next thing he sees after the app crashing and restarting, is his MM at half life.

This is really bad. It’s just frustrating for players and makes them that much closer to not caring about the game. Kabam should consider crediting every account with energon or mission heals for every incident reported. Then you get better information for your diagnostics as well and get players to trust Kabam.
  • Just change the game to require people to press go after the fight loads. I bet that would solve 99% of the complaints with no real change or need for investigative actions.
  • MegaKuppCakeMegaKuppCake Posts: 88
    edited November 2017
    I've lost a internet connection that triggers a restart of the game and I took a health penalty on the special mission map last Friday. My phone switched from wifi to cellular and poof.

Is there anyway to improve the stability when the connection changes or we receive an incoming call? My phone looses internet if I'm on cellular data and a call comes in, so I lose my progress. It should at least just pause until the connection returns if the game is still the active application.
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    Just change the game to require people to press go after the fight loads. I bet that would solve 99% of the complaints with no real change or need for investigative actions.
    THIS. PLEASE. I sometimes get distracted during a long load and the match starts without me being ready. At least make it an option in the settings menu.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    Just change the game to require people to press go after the fight loads. I bet that would solve 99% of the complaints with no real change or need for investigative actions.

This would be great... loading times take so long now that I have fallen asleep many times while waiting, esp when I play on my bed >_<
  • @Kabam Kavs Can I suggest to reduce health penalty to 1/4 instead of half life? It's making the game unplayable.