Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Evading hits

Ive ben wondering how the game handles hits and more specifically how you evade getting hit. Its pretty obvious how you evade ranged attacks by sidestepping but some times i get the feeling you foten can evade melee hits by sidestepping as well thus breaking opponent combos. I dont know if Its related to the battlefield border or if theres another mechanism.

In my mind you should be able to evade melee hits by swiping back or else you simply have to block. I dont think you should be able to sidestep melee hits. Or does this melee sidestepping simply add a dimension in fighting tactics. What are everyone elses feelings about this?

Comments

• edited February 2017
    I can't speak for all players, but the sidestepping is a mechanic that the team created to add more dimension to the fights, and add more of a skill based challenge.
  • From my experience faroony side stepping melee attacks depends on if it is a light or medium attack and if it's a charge in or not. You can easily side step an initial attack from far away if you time it right. But lights and mediums from close range are more difficult. You have to do the side step after the bot starts moving but before you get hit. And obviously you can't evade normally if enemy is mid combo. But pretty sure that almost every attack in the game can be side stepped (apart from specials as some bots have specials that can't be side stepped) but it requires a lot of reaction time and skill to time it right. Personally think it's pretty balanced currently