Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Provide your thoughts on current playable Bots

Comments

• Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Nightchris wrote: »
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Not falling in this trap... Pretty sure the consensus top 3 bots on this thread all end up receiving changes in the next 60 days ;)

Actually, we already have lots of changes planned. We will be continuously making adjustments to Bots in the game to ensure that they remain relevant, but not completely overpowered. This will happen on a fairly regular basis, like most games that continuously add new content.

Great. So we put our precious sparks into bots like alpha shards we paid for and then you change a bot we like to make them un-relevant.

This makes total sense......

Nobody told you to give Kabam your money. Just saying.
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    Great. So we put our precious sparks into bots like alpha shards we paid for and then you change a bot we like to make them un-relevant.

And the overreacting have began
  • 1Pharaoh wrote: »

And the overreacting have began

IT'S MCOC ALL OVER AGAIN! ABANDON SHIP! RAGE! RAGE! AAAHHHHH!!!

:D

• Im just stating the facts that none of you have the courage to say. Someone has to do it here since everyone keeps being lovey dovey with kabam. That will get you nowhere.
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Im just stating the facts that none of you have the courage to say. Someone has to do it here since everyone keeps being lovey dovey with kabam. That will get you nowhere.

But this isn't just something we do. This is common in many different games, and it doesn't necessarily mean a negative thing. It's a necessary part of any live game, and it's going to happen. We are not going to allow issues to lay and fester until they've create a much bigger problem, and are committing to doing them more often than some of our counterparts.

Being negative about it is not going to change this. We're going to do everything that we have to for the good of the game, and honestly don't want any of those actions to hurt players. We don't make adjustments just for the sake of it, or without thinking about them deeply, but once again, we will make them when we have to.
  • PredaconsFTWPredaconsFTW Posts: 26
    edited April 2017
    Im just stating the facts that none of you have the courage to say. Someone has to do it here since everyone keeps being lovey dovey with kabam. That will get you nowhere.

But this isn't just something we do. This is common in many different games, and it doesn't necessarily mean a negative thing. It's a necessary part of any live game, and it's going to happen. We are not going to allow issues to lay and fester until they've create a much bigger problem, and are committing to doing them more often than some of our counterparts.

Being negative about it is not going to change this. We're going to do everything that we have to for the good of the game, and honestly don't want any of those actions to hurt players. We don't make adjustments just for the sake of it, or without thinking about them deeply, but once again, we will make them when we have to.

Mixmaster, Arcee, Sideswipe, and Rachet need some buffs.

Rachet either needs a slight buff to his self-healing off of heavies or a change to his self repair on his special 2. I think it should be changed from healing 15% of the damage he's taken to healing 10% of his max health or increasing the current self-repair to 25% of damage taken.

Sideswipe just needs some his abilities reworked because right now it feels as if he only gets crits and the other scout bots just in general have a lot more going for them.

Mixmaster just needs a complete rework of his abilities or some huge buffs because hands down he is currently the worst bot in the game. He is a demolition bot that does hardly any damage on his specials (even with a ton of special damage buffs) to the point that most bots in the other classes do a lot more burst damage than him. That is not supposed to be the case since "demolition bots have high burst damage". His acid is also really weak and pretty much everything about him is weak.

Arcee also needs a slight buff in my opinion because not gaining any power from non-critical hits is disheartening.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited April 2017
    If you're gonna make changes to champs can it be buffing weak champs as well. I haven't seen the changes as of yet. But, if Mixmasters parry could be more consistent that'd be awesome....and not making me regret taking him to r3.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Favourite character design is definitely Soundwave. He's so perfectly modelled on the original toy, even down to his gun. Nostalgia overload.
    Favourite to play... that's harder since most are great. Maybe Windblade? Just b/c she's cool as. I love the victory poses of Mirage, Arcee, and Windblade the most too. M & A have those deadpan expressions that crack me up & WB just looks boss.

Least favourite is much easier: Mixmaster. He hits like a wet biscuit. He doesn't deserve to be in the demolition class - frankly he belongs on the sidelines. If his heavy or special attacks packed more of a punch it'd be different, even if they were DOT effects. I also don't love his character design, but I don't like any of the cinema versions appearances.

Speaking of wet biscuit, Ultra Magnus seems pretty limp. He's got this huge hammer, and himself is a tank, but he just doesn't bring the damage. He's a bit like Hulk used to be in MCOC. But he was a bit like that in the 1986 movie too, so maybe it's deliberate! hahaha
    edited April 2017
    General thoughts after playing (almost) every bot in the game.
    Just a quick note: my complains will be mostly about graphic issues and how faithful the bots are from material source. Also, I'll try to be as short as possible on every opinion I have about the bots.

Tactician-class.
    CW Optimus: Just perfect. Great stance and guard animations. Nice combos, ranged and specials. Also, I love the skillset devs gave him (Armor Debuff, Bleed). Only complain I have it's on SP1. If you do SP1 on the edge of the stage, the final hit leaves a cool earthquake-like effect. However, if you do the special midstage, the effect doesn't appear. I suggest to give SP1 that earthquake effect either on midscreen and at edge of the stage. As a side note, it was a sidedown that the toy didn't include the Energon Axe.

CW Ultra Magnus: I can't comment on him since I play on an Android device. From what I've seen, he suffers the same problems at Ratchet. Pure defense and almost no offensive. If I'm wrong, you are free to give your opinions on the character. Nice specials and animations. Give him a new winning animation; Ultra Mags players will know what I'm talking about.

DOTM Bumblebee: Bee's awesome. Auto-evade both melee and range, permanent Attack buff and useful Passive during Raids, Quests and Arenas. I think he's a nice bot for new players since he's kinda of a "friendly" character due to his unique Evade mechanics, at the point I sometimes would onsidered him as an "auto-pilot" character. His animations are cool and flashy, perhaps too flashy sometimes. SP1 and SP3 are awesome. SP2 I think it has insane corner carrier properties, and because of that I think that you can't enjoy the animation properly. I suggest to SLIGHTLY reduce corner carry from SP2.

Brawler-class:
    MV1 Optimus: MV1 Optimus it's perhaps among the top 3 bots into the game: great game-changer sig, Auto Regen during Bleed, and also being able to inflict Bleed by his own. My complains are on his SP1 and a pseudo-passive he has. First his SP1: fix his range by adding some animation, like CW Optimus' SP1. It feels off and weird that he just slides next to the opponent without a proper animation to get in range. Perhaps at close range and/or after a combo makes sense, but at mid-range it feels off, weird and incomplete. Second and last: Willpower. Willpower description's says that during melee attacks and if Optimus it's bleeding, Optimus will recover a little amount of health based on damage and how much health he loses with Bleed. It also says that if Optimus has 2 or more Bleed stacks he will purify those debuffs and convert that into, and I quote "0% power". This feels so wrong and makes no sense at all, why put that in the description if by purifying debuffs he won't convert that into power? 0% of X it's 0.

ROTF Grindor: Another great bot. High HP, chance to get Armor Buff, a great sig based on how much Power Bar has the opponent and a lot of ways to inflict Critical Rate Debuff. Although he isn't a Warrior-class bot, I consider him the ultimate Sideswipe/Windblade counter thanks to his skillset. Now an issue I have noticed it's that alt-mode seems to have a low graphic texture everytime during a Heavy and SP3.

CW Motormater: I just love Motormaster design: that purple and silver looks great. However, I have to ask why on the character info screen the character model doesn't wield his sword? Speaking of his sword, I have to say that giving Motormaster a sword-fighting style was a terrible idea. The animations feel weird to me; it looked like someone combined Bludgeon and Optimus into one character. My suggestions it's to give characters with occidental-style swords (Grimlock and Motormaster) a new set of combos if possible. Or remove Motormaster's sword from his gameplay and make it only useable during his SP1. I mean, he's an Optimus clone on CW just like Scourge was on RiD 2001 and Scourge didn't used his sword that much. Just saying. Besides, he's a Brawler-class character: he should use more fists instead of weapons. Now, leaving aside that little "issue" with his sword, Motormaster it's another popular and great character thanks to his Unstoppable ability, his Heavy Attack and both his SP2 and SP3. Now my last complain it's why Motormaster abilities doesn't level up when he's ranked up? I remember a guy who posted that even on Rank 3, his Motormaster abilities still being at level 1. Doesn't all abilities supposed to level up once you rank up a character?

Well, I guess for now that'll be it. I still have to work around Warriors, Scouts, Techs and Demolitions.
  • Within the game for a little less than a week now, and have most of the bots one star and two star variants. A couple abilities awakened, and never played COC, so here's my two cents.

The first two characters are love hate to me.

Bumblebee and Ironhide. Both awakened and on my team 100 percent of the time 2 star.

First Ironhide, once i got him it was like okay cool, then i learned his heavy had bleed and learned how bleed worked. AWESOME! I am an older gamer but for never playing a fighting game on my phone before this guy made the early game a breeze for me, and still is the go to bot i rely on in most difficult situations, A1Ch3Final fight.....grrrr. I love a good strong character, but I almost feel as though I will never remove him from team, and since im not very good at game to begin with, defensively I mean, once i figured out how to block manipulate the AI, he just makes it to easy. Not really saying nerf, but id definitely not change to be any better.

Bumblebee. Personally I think bumblebee is lame as hell as a transformer, and what they did in the movies making him camaro and larger? definitely took a while to get used to. Besides the point. this guy is stupendous! When I fight him I HATE him, when I fight with him I LOVE him! (Remember; I suck at dodge mechanic currently) He seems to be a newbies best friend in that regard right next to Ironhide.

As far as characters I don't like, maybe because I don't have him yet and once again, my dodge mechanics aren't up to snuff, but the movie version of Optimus is straight up HORSE MALARKEY! I spend whole fight kickin his rear, for him to buff up, launch one power move and I'm one dead bot. Numerous other foul words come to mind, but I don't feel like editing all them down to nice versions. Really looking forward to pulling this guy.

Lastly I guess would be Arcee. She was my first two star pull, and I was like maaaan a pink girl bot, but i played her and loved her. Then I realized the power gain thing, learned how she was changed upon launch, blah blah blah; and yet I still count on her as she's my only 2 star fighter, and I really really like her combat, i just think that if she relies on critical hits (and getting beat on) for power, she should somehow have more of them. I can see by all my research she a work in progress for you guys and I think a few more things could make her very fun and very effective. Still like her, just a let down on the power bar and crits personally.

The unknown wonder to me was MOTOR MOUTH/HEAD/MASTER. I love this guy! Im huge fan of Grindor's look and when I got Motormaster, was like bleh. Goodnight this guy is quite probably becoming my favorite bot in the game. Unstoppable plays to my aggressive style to a "T" he has the wonderful sweep heavy attack I like so much, and even the dumb clunky sword sounds the bots make has grown on me tremendously. You just know they are getting a wholopping! He's huge, head butts the crap out of people, looks great...yup sold.

Last but not least and THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT in whole document.....

C'mon with my Soundwave already! Loved him as a child, the one bot I took with me through all these years in my memory....and I have to watch him as a boss character!

Your pulling my heart strings man!
  • I hope the animation for mixmaster 3rd special Attack will b reviewed...the beginning of the animation is nice with those guns firing away...fast n swift...then it turned into a mixer, drive up, Turn around n off load onto the victim...its anti climax as the anticipated action slows down. It would be nice if the bot transform to mixer, butt faces the victim, mixer turn to fire out shots of acid? Great graphic and animation on the game...I like!
    edited May 2017
    General thoughts after playing (almost) every bot in the game (Part 2)
    Just a quick note: my complains will be mostly about graphic issues and how faithful the bots are from material source. Also, I'll try to be as short as possible on every opinion I have about the bots.

Warrior-class:
    Bludgeon: Before global, Bludgeon was easily among the strongest bots in the game. Amazing sig, it could proc his debuffs constantly, and his power building was beast up to the point that after a SP3, you could do three ranged combos followed by a basic melee, building enough power for a SP2. Now sadly Bludgeon it's just simply a former shadow of what he was. Now it builds few power, rarely procs Stun (Bleed stills untouched) and most important above else a horrible sig which doesn't fit the character's personality; on lore Bludgeon rarely get angered or anxious about destroying opponents. I prefered his old sig, both lore and effect were in sync with the character. Graphic-wise he's just awesome. Very faithful to his new G1 design and I'm so glad they give him these Energon-bladed katana and throwing knives instead of just plain swords and knives. Good stance and blocking animations, great combos and specials are freaking amazing. Although I have to say his SP2 feels off to me, I can't seem to find the connection between SP2's animation and description. Perhaps if he stabs the grounded opponent instead of creating this weird shockwave-thing, it'll make more sense. I guess it isn't necesary to say that most players wants Kabam to at least give Bludgeon his old sig again.

As a side note, I'm starting to think Kabam's got lazy both on MCOC and TFTF when they were designning SP2s. Most of MCOC's SP2s were also kinda lame in my opinion.

Bonecrusher: When global launched, Bonecrusher emerged to steal Bludgeon's place among the best Warrior-class bot in the game. Actually I have zero complains about this bot. Very faithful to the source material, great animations and combos. Not even to mention his awesome sig and skillset that if one plays Bonecrusher properly, can outclass any enemy or turn the tide during tough battles. Personally, I love his final ranged attack where his back claws shape like a bow-kinda weapon. Also, his Heavy Attack it's amazing and covers a good range.

As another side note, I forgot to mention this on the first post where I wrote about Motormaster. If I recall correctly, Motormaster's ability to randomly deal 1 of 3 debuffs if Heavy connects it's called "Ramming"; it's wierd that his Heavy-related ability it's called "Ramming" but during his Heavy animation he just does a generic donut. If possible, give Motormaster the same Heavy animation as Bonecrusher so it'll make more sense. I think that animation would suit Motormaster better and also would give him less of that "Optimus clone" vibe I feel he has.

Arcee: Although I played the beta a little bit before launch, I've never obtained Arcee until global launch version. I'd have love to own an Arcee during beta to experiment myself when she was among the strongest bots in the game. Design-wise, she's very faithful to the source material except for the fact that she has those long gorilla-like arms which in my opinion are out of place. Gameplay-wise, it's the same thing as Bludgeon. When the game went global, Arcee became just a former shadow of what she was. Not to mention the fact that Kabam ninja nerfed Arcee to the point of changing her skillset almost completly. Again, I guess it isn't necessary to say that almost every player who had Arcee on their teams wants her to be reverted the way she was before. Personally, I'd as well revert Arcee the way she was before but reducing a little bit the final numbers on her abilities. For example, I recall that according to a more experienced beta player, old Arcee's Passive (at 2-Stars I guess, fully maxed out) granted a 100% chance to gain a 22% Critical Rate Buff and preventing the opponent to evade attacks for 6 seconds whenever she evaded or sidestepped any attack. What I'd suggest it's to change the Crit Rate Buff chance from 100% to at least 75% and the Crit Rate Buff itself from 22% to 18-20%. Also, I'd give her at least 80-90% chance that the opponent can't block and evade ONLY ranged attacks for 5 seconds. Finally, I'd reduce her Critical Hit Power Gain from current 20% to 15% and give her reduced power building/gaining from normal melee/ranged attacks/Heavy to keep things balanced. Now, Arcee's specials are perfect both animation and gameplay-wise except for... you guessed: her SP2. It's so lame and plane in my opinion. If you guys at Kabam wanted to give us an homage to IDW Arcee, it'd have been better to give her the beam sabers instead of those ugly short broadswords. Also, at sake of keeping things balanced, I'd reduce her SP3 Bleeding damage from 88% to at least 80%

Was it so hard to just reduce the numbers, Kabam? Personally, with the changes I suggested Arcee would be able to both return to her glory days and keep her balanced in comparison to the other bots.

Ok, guess that's it for now. Next I'll come up with Scout-class bots.
    edited May 2017
    General thoughts after playing (almost) every bot in the game (Part 3)

Scout-class:
    DOTM Barricade: Thanks to the skillset Kabam gave him, I consider Barricade to be the best Scout-class bot into the game, tied with Windblade (although something tells me that will change once Kabam releases Prowl). Nice combos and Heavy Attack, not to mention the beautful stance animation devs gave him. Great sig, passive, and abilities in general which helps him to deal easy critical hits, evade both melee and ranged attacks and steal Power from their opponents. Gameplay-wise, I adore him. However, despite everything I said it's my number one hated bot for the simple (and perhaps stupid) reason that he isn't faithful to the source material at all in my opinion and his special's concept animations are lame and plain simple. I remember the scene from 2007 movie when Barricade interrogated Sam and he looked so menacing, bulking and imponent. I have to say the in-game character model doesn't reflect that at all, in comparison it looks skinny and small. Now with the specials: they're practically nothing "special" or spectacular, even his SP3 it's the weakest of them all concept-wise. And the thing that frustrate me the most it's that Kabam didn't manage to hit the nail with Barricade's flail/bladed-mace weapon. To use his weapon, Barricade has to transform either of his hands and to use it at lond range, he extends his arm's reach and length by using the police car door section. However, during all of his his specials, if you have a good eye, you'll notice that Barricade still has his hand and the police car door section on the arm he uses his mace. It looks horrible in my opinion and it's the only thing that keeps me from playing Barricade. Now, if you are not that "puritan" like me about all that animation stuff, I highly recommend without a doubt to use Barricade, level him up as soon as possible and always try to get dupes.

Windblade: Another great designed bot. Almost zero complains about her: very faithful to her (only?) design, superb stance and guard animations, great combos, Heavy Attack and specials. Amazing sig and skillset in general. One thing I'd like to suggest it's that she should be able to proc Bleed, Stun and Armor Pierce just SLIGHTLY more often. As many of you know here, Windblade has a 100% chance to stun the opponent if she manages to stack 4 or more Bleed debuffs and honestly, max number of steaks I've ever deal on every fight with Windblade was 3. Also, Armor Pierce rarely procs during her SP2 and the same can be said for her SP3, which rarely procs Stun after it.

Sideswipe: Although Sideswipe was slightly nerfed during beta and the team never touched him again, he's still being an average-to-good bot. Not that good, but not also that bad; old Sideswipe was kinda broken in my opinion. But it's also thanks to this slight nerf that Sideswipe became the worst bot into the Scout-class, making him nothing special and just relying on Crits to deal damage. Now, despite everything I said I fell in love with Sideswipe the first time I saw him in game, up to the point that I soft-reseted my account on the beta everytime to get Sideswipe as my second bot instead of Ratchet. It really evocates his old G1 design, although I have noticed that during bot select screen and during his SP3, Sideswipe's missile laucher swaps sides from his left shoulder to his right one. Cool stance and block animations, nice combos and very flashy specials. His sig it's amazing and skillset remains very decent, but despite all of this I have a concept problem with his specials. I suggest to swap SP1's name with SP2's: SP2's called "Kickin' It Old School", which it's weird since Sideswipe only performs one kick during the special followed up by a spin on the air and firing his missile. I think SP2's name would suit SP1's better since during SP1 Sideswipe actually performs some "Old School Kicks". Finally, SP1's called "Swagger"; and during SP2, that spin on the air before firing missile gives a very "Swagger" feeling to me.

As a sidenote, I forgot to mention during Arcee review that I have one last suggestion. Please give Arcee dual pistols during Ranged Attacks and also give her a unique shooting animation due to that. Something like what you devs did with Grindor's Ranged Attacks.

OK, next up will be Tech and Demolition-classes to close up my opinions on playable bots.
  • ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    I am enjoying your write ups, thanks dude

Scout-class:
    DOTM Barricade: Thanks to the skillset Kabam gave him, I consider Barricade to be the best Scout-class bot into the game, tied with Windblade (although something tells me that will change once Kabam releases Prowl). Nice combos and Heavy Attack, not to mention the beautful stance animation devs gave him. Great sig, passive, and abilities in general which helps him to deal easy critical hits, evade both melee and ranged attacks and steal Power from their opponents. Gameplay-wise, I adore him. However, despite everything I said it's my number one hated bot for the simple (and perhaps stupid) reason that he isn't faithful to the source material at all in my opinion and his special's concept animations are lame and plain simple. I remember the scene from 2007 movie when Barricade interrogated Sam and he looked so menacing, bulking and imponent. I have to say the in-game character model doesn't reflect that at all, in comparison it looks skinny and small. Now with the specials: they're practically nothing "special" or spectacular, even his SP3 it's the weakest of them all concept-wise. And the thing that frustrate me the most it's that Kabam didn't manage to hit the nail with Barricade's flail/bladed-mace weapon. To use his weapon, Barricade has to transform either of his hands and to use it at lond range, he extends his arm's reach and length by using the police car door section. However, during all of his his specials, if you have a good eye, you'll notice that Barricade still has his hand and the police car door section on the arm he uses his mace. It looks horrible in my opinion and it's the only thing that keeps me from playing Barricade. Now, if you are not that "puritan" like me about all that animation stuff, I highly recommend without a doubt to use Barricade, level him up as soon as possible and always try to get dupes.

Windblade: Another great designed bot. Almost zero complains about her: very faithful to her (only?) design, superb stance and guard animations, great combos, Heavy Attack and specials. Amazing sig and skillset in general. One thing I'd like to suggest it's that she should be able to proc Bleed, Stun and Armor Pierce just SLIGHTLY more often. As many of you know here, Windblade has a 100% chance to stun the opponent if she manages to stack 4 or more Bleed debuffs and honestly, max number of steaks I've ever deal on every fight with Windblade was 3. Also, Armor Pierce rarely procs during her SP2 and the same can be said for her SP3, which rarely procs Stun after it.

Sideswipe: Although Sideswipe was slightly nerfed during beta and the team never touched him again, he's still being an average to good bot. Not that good, but not also that bad; old Sideswipe was kinda broken in my opinion. But it's also thanks to this slight nerf that Sideswipe became the worst bot into the Scout-class, making him nothing special and just relying on Crits to deal damage. Now, despite everything I said I fell in love with Sideswipe the first time I saw him in game, up to the point that I soft-reseted my account on the beta everytime to get Sideswipe as my second bot instead of Ratchet. It really evocates his old G1 design, although I have noticed that during bot select screen and during his SP3, Sideswipe's missile laucher swaps sides from his left shoulder to his right one. Cool stance and block animations, nice combos and very flashy specials. His sig it's amazing and skillset remains very decent, but despite all of this I have a concept problem with his specials. I suggest to swap SP1's name with SP2's: SP2's called "Kickin' It Old School", which it's weird since Sideswipe only performs one kick during the special followed up by a spin on the air and firing his missile. I think SP2's name would suit SP1's better since during SP1 Sideswipe actually performs some "Old School Kicks". Finally, SP1's called "Swagger"; and during SP2, that spin on the air before firing missile gives a very "Swagger" feeling to me.

As a sidenote, I forgot to mention during Arcee review that I have one last suggestion. Please give Arcee dual pistols during Ranged Attacks and also give her a unique shooting animation due to that. Something like what you devs did with Grindor's Ranged Attacks.

OK, next up will be Tech and Demolition-classes to close up my opinions on playable bots.

Scout-class:

Sideswipe: Although Sideswipe was slightly nerfed during beta and the team never touched him again, he's still being an average-to-good bot. Not that good, but not also that bad; old Sideswipe was kinda broken in my opinion. But it's also thanks to this slight nerf that Sideswipe became the worst bot into the Scout-class, making him nothing special and just relying on Crits to deal damage. Now, despite everything I said I fell in love with Sideswipe the first time I saw him in game, up to the point that I soft-reseted my account on the beta everytime to get Sideswipe as my second bot instead of Ratchet. It really evocates his old G1 design, although I have noticed that during bot select screen and during his SP3, Sideswipe's missile laucher swaps sides from his left shoulder to his right one. Cool stance and block animations, nice combos and very flashy specials. His sig it's amazing and skillset remains very decent, but despite all of this I have a concept problem with his specials. I suggest to swap SP1's name with SP2's: SP2's called "Kickin' It Old School", which it's weird since Sideswipe only performs one kick during the special followed up by a spin on the air and firing his missile. I think SP2's name would suit SP1's better since during SP1 Sideswipe actually performs some "Old School Kicks". Finally, SP1's called "Swagger"; and during SP2, that spin on the air before firing missile gives a very "Swagger" feeling to me.

Scout-class:

edited May 2017
    General thoughts after playing (almost) every bot in the game (Part 4)

Tech-class:
    BW Rhinox: Honestly, it's hard to say which Tech-class bot it's better between Rhinox and Mirage, and although I'm more of a Mirage fan, I think Rhinox represents better what Tech-class bots are in my opinion: bots whose gameplan relies on their unique defensive capabilities to deal damage/gain advantage and compensate their average health and attack. I really like what Kabam has done with Rhinox: great sig that has amazing synergy with his passive, helping Rhinox to be more defensive but at some extend offensive as well. As a side note, Rhinox it's currently the only character who can withstand both Ironhide's SP2 and SP3, which are considered the most damaging specials on the game if Ironhide manages to active his sig. Overall, great skillset: nice melee buffs and ranged passives, not to mention his amazing Heavy which it's more than useful at the beginning of the match to gain Power Bar advantage. Only recommendations I have for him it's tweaking his specials a little bit: buff Nullified and Bleed's procs for SP1, slightly reduce SP2's damage or Bleed chance % it can cause and slightly buff SP3's base damage outside of damage boost based on health and/or slightly increase both Bleed damage and chance %. I suggested these changes for his specials since in my opinion and based on my experience, currently his SP2 it's stronger than his SP3, which shouldn't be that way.

CW Mirage: I have to say that Mirage it's my favorite bot in the game because fights are so much fun whenever I use him for some reason. What puts him behind Rhinox in my opinion, it's that Mirage doesn't focus too much on being defensive, instead his gameplan focus on adapting the situation by using his specials as much as possible and take advantage on the buffs he gets after using them. I have almost no complains about Mirage dispite he was a little nerfed for global release: he has a great sig that synergizes pretty well with the buffs his specials grants him, he has a good shielding passive which helps him withstand almost every special on the game, including SP3s; his ranged passive it's also very useful to deal chip damage and his Heavy Attack it's amazing against opponents that relies on Ranged or/and who have a Ranged Heavy, much like Windblade's. And let's not mention it's the only Heavy in the game that Purifies Status Damages like Bleed, Burn, Shock and Acid. His specials are where Mirage truly shines: the animation on everyone of them it's superb and their effects are amazing. SP1 focus on giving Mirage even more Power Bar advantage since he gets a Power Gain buff while his Shield it's active. SP2 it's on par with the game description: a truly "Incapacitation Mode" where Mirage can weaken the opponent by dealing Stun and Attack Rating Debuff. SP3 it's really awesome if you manage to read opponent's movements, granting Mirage a permanent Attack Buff if you evade melee strings. What's even better, it's that his sig amplifies the buffs he gains during supers: During SP1, he gets Projectile Speed Buff, making him a truly anti-Power Bar menace for the opponent. SP2s helps "Incapacition Mode" by granting unblockable basic melee, and for SP3 he gains an almost 100% Attack Buff. Only complain that I have it's that Mirage's sig buffs activates during his specials and it's time usage are wasted during the animations. I think sig buffs' timer cooldown should activate after the special finishes so we can maximize their time usage.

Ratchet: It's no clue that currently Ratchet it's among the worst bots in the game, and he's good only at early stages of the game. Being a hell of pseudo-Tank because of his strong Regen during early stages of the beta, now he's just a former shadow of what he used to be. In general, Ratchet's skillset it's pretty decent, focusing on locking the opponent by dealing Shock and giving him Stun Chance based on Shock stacks, all while healing himself and/or generating Power Bar, however I think the numbers are quite low, specially Chance % numbers. My recommendations are the same that I gave for Arcee, slightly buff Ratchet's numbers (again, specially Chance %) for every ability he has on his skillset including his sig (I mean, only 13% chance to heal over 120% damage for only 4 seconds? That's lame), or at least buff his Crit Chance % in general so his Shock and Stun procs more often; it's a waste to wait for his SP3 to get a massive Crit Chance buff which only works for Melee attacks. Personally, I've almost never used Ratchet at close range; what would be the point of using him close range if his skillset it's completly dedicated to deal Shock and Stun via his Ranged Attacks? Final recommendation it's to slightly buff SP2's health recovery and Power Gain. Special animation's are quite nice.

Shockwave: I can't comment that much since I didn´t manage to pull a Soundwave from Featured Crystal and by the time I'm writing this, I won't make it to the required Top on Arenas to get one. From what I've seen, he is pretty good and quite balanced, his Heavy it's a nice change among from what we've seen. Instead of being straight ranged or the generic donut, his Heavy it's kinda like an AoE which has a slightly extended range, covering a good part of the stage.

Also, perhaps you noticed that I didn't review character's design for any of the tech-class bots. Reason it's becuase Kabam nailed it on everyone's design among the Tech-class bots. Rhinox it's really faithful to his cartoon incarnation, almost to the point that he looks like a toy. I like that for some reason. I love Mirage's CW design and I'm glad Kabam decided to give him dual blasters (please Kabam, give Arcee/add dual handguns during her Ranged as well, pretty please). And for Ratchet I'm glad they decided to give him more details and a little red paintjob instead of the ugly, plain white we got for G1's Ratchet (specially on toys) And Soundwave it's a faithful representation of his G1 incarnation without a doubt.
  • DwarkDwark Posts: 2
    I don't understand why bludgeon got nerfed when an unduped wasp literally obliterates anything in raids... could wasp with laser mod and it's GG... You get ranged for 10% a tick and literally one shot with a special. Kinda OP...
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    @Alkaiser_93 you have too much time on your hands, the time it took ya to write all that you couldve been grinding in arena or something to to improve your own bots. And sorry to say your going to be disappointed when 99.99% of what you wrote will never happen.
    edited May 2017
    SteelSH wrote: »
    @Alkaiser_93 you have too much time on your hands, the time it took ya to write all that you couldve been grinding in arena or something to to improve your own bots. And sorry to say your going to be disappointed when 99.99% of what you wrote will never happen.

I know it won't happen. It's mostly to give my opinions and suggestions. I even said it at some points, I know that Kabam mods/devs would never read and mostly take notes about what I wrote here. And finally, I believe my team it's pretty solid for a casual F2P, which it's what I'm aiming for ATM.

Also, I believe I have established a pretty solid daily farming route as well: get up to 3000 Raid Chips to buy Ore, then Dailies at 100% to get some T1 Sparks, Ore and EXP, do up to two Story Quests at 100% (I'm at Act 2 Ch2 currently) and finally farm up to 10k-30k Arena Chips to buy Arena Crystals to get Energon and Gold. Currently, I always make it to the 1-2, 3-10 spots on Arena Ranking, only once I made it to top 1-250 back on 2-Stars Arena days, where I got my 2-Stars Wasp. Also, if there's an AM we always get 100% exploration bonus on the map with my Alliance.

Oh, and if you're wondering. By the time I'm writing this, I'm waiting for both my Energy and Bots to recharge so I'll still farming arenas and start farming Story Quests.
    edited May 2017
    General thoughts after playing (almost) every bot in the game (Final Part)

Demolition-class:
    BW Waspinator: Being the lastest bot to join Demolition-class bots, Waspinator's playstyle focus on dealing Resistance Debuffs to the opponent so all of Wasp's attacks deal more damage: melee, ranged, Heavy and Specials. Think of it as an indirect Demolition playstyle, where your gameplan should rely on ranged attacks to apply your Debuff, then switching to offensive by mostly using melee. It's an interesting concept and I particulary love it. Wasp has a very ortodox but pretty good skillset indeed which can demolish most bots if played properly: nice passives that when health drops can help him turn the tide, quick Heavy Ranged Attack and nice specials overall, both animation and gameplay-wise. Now, complains and suggestions: first one it's about Wasp's movility. I don´t know if it is because of my device, but I found Wasp's movement pretty sluggish compared to other bots, both his sidesteps and backsteps being pretty slow along with his melee combos; I suggest to slightly increase animations speed. Second, his sig it's pretty awesome on paper, however in-game it's almost useless currently if you haven't managed to get either a 4-Star Wasp and/or managed to get a lot of dupes during Arenas/Feat Crystals: it revives him with so little health it's not worth it. Third it's about ranged attacks: honestly, I find the Debuff delay too long and the Debuff duration itself too short, even if you managed to stack the Debuffs up to 3, which it's also something I find really hard as if the AI knows that when it's fighting Wasp it should totally play defense. My suggestion it's to reduce delay's timer and increase Debuff's timer. His Heavy Attack rarely procs the Resistance Nullified effect, as well. BTW, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Resistance buffs are things like Armor Buff, Melee/Ranged Defense Buff, etc. Finally my two last complains are about specials: I find kinda weird that his SP2 has the EXACTLY same effect as his Heavy; suggestion: think a new effect for it. Lastly his SP3 ends on a very... anticlimatic way, where Wasp just ends on the floor destroyed after the bomb explodes. My suggestion it's to change animation at the end: instead of just ending with a destroyed Wasp, make him rebuild himself or something after it. Just saying.

ROTF Mixmaster: At first, when everybody talked about that Mixmaster was going to be released the same date as global went up, I was like "OMG, Kabam actually will release CW/G1 Mixmaster". Then I learned that it was the Bayformer-version, and my spectations reduced a little bit. Currently, I'm willing to say that Mixmaster it's not only the worst Demolition-class bot, but also he's among the worst bots on the game since his skillset doesn't actually works as it's intented, or at least that's what I believe. Design and animation-wise it's kinda 50-50 for me, since he's currently the most unique bot in the game: great guard animation and nice ranged animation as well, where instead of using normal bullets he uses granades; that actually it's pretty cool. However, I also find wrong that being such a unique bot, he gets the generic combo animation as well as a generic victory pose. Suggestion's kinda obvious: give him more unique animations for his combos and winning pose. I mean, Bonecrusher has his unique winning pose: why not giving Mixmaster his own's as well? Next, skillset: his sig it's pretty unique and quite awesome in paper, grating him the ability to parry enemies' melee if Block it's timed properly and counterattack with a knockback. However, there are sometimes where the counterattack animation doesn't appear (damage still applies, which BTW it's so little) and also I find the knockback really really small. It actually doesn't knockback the opponent, it doesn't even puts a minimum distance between Mixmaster and AI bot. I suggest to fix the parry animation and also fix the knockback property of the move. Rest of his skillset it's pretty solid except for one ability I'll talk about later: his passives are pretty awesome, which focus on granting Mixmaster a variety of buffs, 3 to be precise, switching them once he has stacked a fixed number of said buffs. Not to mention that by backdashing or blocking, he's able to manually switch which buff he gets, making him a pseudo-Mirage where he's able to adapt the fight by choosing the buff you need. Now, the way Mixmaster mainly deals damage it's via his Heavy and Ranged Attacks while he has a buff active: if a Ranged or Heavy Attacks connects, he converts active buffs into a DoT called Acid, which it's currently the weakest DoT in the game. The way it works it's that it deals damage based on Attack, and not based on the number of Stacks it has. My suggestion it's to SLIGHTLY tweak this mechanic by using number of stacks as a factor to calculate damage as well and also SLIGHTLY increase DoT's duration. I mean, he's a Demolition-class bot: make him deal demolishing damage. Finally, we move on to specials: actually I have zero complains about Mixmaster's specials, now that Burn procs has been fixed on the lastest patch for SP2. Both animation and gameplay-wise are amazing and his SP3 it's overkill if you manage to get all 3 buffs and a descent number of stacks for them, around 2 or 3 per stack. However, the ability to get new buffs and being able to switching them it's only avaliable to Mixmaster once he's almost at his lastest level-up stages (around Rank 3 more or less), which makes him an obviously weak bot at the begging that no one wants to level up because of that. I suggest to make some of Mixmaster's buff switching options avaliable at early levels/ranks to give him more appeal and interest for the players to actually start picking him up.

ROTF Ironhide: Best Demolition-class bot in the game until Kabam decides to balance Bay-gatron and make him a playable bot. It truly personifies the in-game concept of Demolition-class bots. Nice animations overall, great Heavy Attack, amazing game-changer sig and skillset which makes his Specials deal brutal damage; I talk about his specials on a separate post since I have to say a lot about them. Only complain I have it's that on his skillset it says that Missile Attacks have a 100% Crit Rate, however this actually doesn't apply during fights quite often, being either during his Heavy Attack, SP1 or SP2.
    edited May 2017
    (From previous post)

So, about Ironhide's Specials what bothers me it's that lore and animation-wise are slightly not well excecuted. To avoid writing a lot of stuff again, I'll quote a previous post where I talked about my complains with Ironhide's specials
    To me, Ironhide Specials don't make sense at all, name and description-wise.

SP1: Right name, wrong description
    SP2: Wrong name, wrong description
    SP3: Wrong name, wrong description.

At detail:

SP1's name it's called "Feelin' Lucky", which I think it's a perfect name for that special since you have to be kinda lucky to trigger both Stun and Burn effects (although everytime I used this special at least one effect has activated) At description it says "He loves to show his cannons". I think this description doesn't fit, since during that special he just fire a single missile after a short combo and that's it. It has nothing to do with cannons.

Although his SP2 it's one of the best specials damage-wise, it's the one I hate the most. I think "Standoff Break" doesn't suit for SP2's name. Also the description, which it's "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart" isn't very accurate for that special. Now, my final complain it's about animation. On the final hit, it shows that Ironhide it's charging and aiming both his cannon and his missile launcher at the opponent. However he just shoots the missile. Watching this special it's like... what the hell? Wasn't he supposed to shoot a beam as well? I don't know if it's because of an incomplete animation work or what.

Now SP3 it's amazing. It's a nice concept, however it has the same problems that SP2 has. Wrong name, wrong description, and the animation makes no sense if everything it's put together. If the special it's called "Full Metal Arsenal" and the description says "Fire everything", then why Ironhide it's just shooting only one beam and one missile during the special? It's ridiculous.

Now, my suggestions.

Put SP1's description on SP3.
    Put SP2's name on SP3 and viceversa. Also, fix your animation at the end of the special so it'll make sense that Ironhide it's aiming both of his weapons at the opponent or remove the part he's aiming his beam cannon at the end so it'll make sense.
    Put SP2's description on SP1.
    Put SP3's description on SP2.

So, it'll be like this.

SP1: Feelin' lucky - "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart"
    If Ironhide sees the opponent point a weapon at him, "he'll tear you appart" with a short combo followed by a missile straight on the chest.
    SP2: Full Metal Arsenal - "Fire everything"
    With these new name and description, now it makes more sense lore-wise and it matches the special's animation, right? Ironhide "fires everything" from his "Full Metal Arsenal"
    SP3: Standoff Break - "He loves to show his cannons"
    By firing such powerful weapons at the same time and at point-blank range, I think that Ironhide would have a high chance to put his opponent on "Standoff Break". Also, during that backflip one could say that "He loves to show his cannons". Don't you think?

And, that's it. I have finally finished my review for almost every bot on the game. Thank you so much for your time if you have read all of my reviews, hope you have enjoyed them and if you'd like to share your opinions as well, or discuss about something you're not agree with please feel free to do so. Remember that we are more than players, we're also here to help Kabam to make his game even better and better by either reporting bugs and/or suggesting new ideas and/or changes you think about.
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    wow. lol
  • Really great feedback!!! Keep it up. We are reading all of it!

“Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.”
    edited May 2017
    Really great feedback!!! Keep it up. We are reading all of it!

“Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.”

It'll be kinda difficult when you guys start to add new bots since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to obtain them from Day 1 since I kinda suck at Arenas and I have almost zero luck with featured crystals. But if you like and enjoy my format I'll try to write a line or two when a new bot it's released.

Also, sorry if I can't express myself properly or if I use some wierd words, I'm not a native english speaker.
    Ok, since Prowl will be avaliable starting today, I guess I can give my two cents based on the fact that we already have some knowledge on Prowl's skillset since we have faced him many times during Quests, Dailies and Arenas. No to mention that thanks to KabamMiike's Bot Intel Report we can understand better how will Prowl's skillset actually works.

There's actually not too much to say beside the obvious: Prowl will not only steal Barricade's throne as the best Scout-class bot, but also will make it among the best bots in the game. Design-wise, he's pretty good and very faithful to his CW/IDW design. No complains.

His skillset will be in my opinion the most poweful skillset on the game due to the fact that every ability complements each other almost perfectly. His skillset focus on Melee Buff building and procing his other abilities based on how much Melee Buffs Stacks he has. Has a high chance to Evade and to deal Stun with his Ranged, not to mention that he will get a pretty good Power Gain ability when you get his Sig. According to bot's intel report, when Sig gets maxed Prowl will get 4% Power Bar per each Melee Buff Stack. In a "perfect" scenario, that makes Prowl generate 40% Power Bar at most, which it's awesome.

Moving to specials, I think I could say they focus on Power Bar management mostly by Power Locking the opponent. This is where my complains are: I think all of his SPs are what actually makes him OP. By using only 1 Power Bar, Prowl could gain an almost huge Power advantage. His SP2, since it's ranged, it gets buffed due to SP2's ranged buffs. His SP3 it's perfect as it is except for the fact that debuff it deals lasts too much in my opinion.

My suggestions it's to slightly nerf his Specials by reducing numbers mostly. For SP1, slightly reduce numbers. For SP2, slightly increase buffs' time duration and apply buffs only to normal Ranged Attacks. Finally, for SP3 reduce Power Lock time duration.

Hope you guys make it high to the Arenas this week and get lucky with your Feat. Crystals so you can enjoy playing one of the most powerful bots the game will get. Personally, I hope Kabam continues with his idea of getting 2-Star versions of previous feat. bots via Raiding so people who plays casual, like myself, get a chance to grab at least a 2-Star version and duping a couple of times cool bots like Soundwave, Ultra Mags and obviously Prowl.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Copied from the thread I posted in general discussion.. forgot this topic was here!

I'm a little bored, thought I'd list some bots that could use some tweaks... Both buffs and nerfs.

This is not a whine thread, just my opinion, do with it what you will:

Rhinox:

Awesome bot, although I feel his ability should be reversed to function like so:

When rhinox has shields enabled, he has x% chance to inflict shock damage per sucessful melee strike.

Why? 2 reasons. He is basically a tech bonecrusher, but far more annoying since there is no hard counter to shock damage. This is especially prevalent in alliance missions or other events where there is a time constraint on the battle. You can't dance around and just shoot him, you'll time out.

Add to this his shield serves zero purpose other than to inflict shock damage. It does nothing noticeable in practice other than that. It's just a bunch of charges that might inflict shock damage, and it negates any class advantage for scout bots other than barricade, since he has a ranged heavy.

Waspinator:

I understand he is more powerful due to being a demolitions bot and exclusively p2p material (sort of - for the most part)... However... Having his heavy ranged attacks​ do as much or more damage than most bots' special attack (including his own) is a little over the top. A 2* wasp heavy ranged shouldn't be dealing 30% damage to my 3/30 3* bot unless it's a tech bot. Nerf that nonsense a wee bit.

Motormaster:

Literally the only bot in the entire game that can completely ignore all class disadvantage. The only tactical bot that can stand against him with any true effectiveness is Ultra Magnus... Which is hilarious since UM isn't all that great against anyone else.

Unstoppable needs a bit of a rework for him. It's a cool skill, but having it trigger on each and every dash is incredibly op when you consider his long reach and how difficult it is to get out of his way.

Maybe have it trigger for an extended time after any special, the same way it does after his L2, as well as a high percentage chance on his dash after his hp drops to 30%, kind of like how MV1 works.

Arcee:

Incredibly annoying as a base defender with certain mods, and yet equally inept as an offensive bot. Needs something more, perhaps a modest power charge ability to offset the lack of power gain from non Crit attacks.

Mixmaster:

Just horrific to use as an offense bot, yet the AI seems to find a way to irritate you on defense every now and then, with extreme prejudice.

The whole "Mixmaster gets buffs if you don't use certain attacks" is not a well thought out mechanic. Find a better way to stack the buffs other than making the players ballerina around while the AI gains power and buff advantages from only having to fight a one dimensional bot during that time.

That's all the constructive criticism I have for now. Feel free to add or comment on other bots or anything I posted...

Not giving the devs an idea to work with will only result in nothing being adjusted, which is why I don't want to just post a perceived imbalance, I try to also give alternatives.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Rhinox shield also mitigated damage to eat a special with 6 shields up and watch
  • IBM5100IBM5100 Posts: 4
    I really like prowl because I think his art design is really good, I wonder who is the model designer on the team. I don't really dislike any bots, above all, I really hope to see shock wave movie version in the game.