Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Galvatron needs a buff

Is it just me or did they miss the mark on Galvatron? His Canon is very "pew pew" and his SP2 doesn't stun long enough to land the 2nd hit...it's a very dodge-able move. He needs to hit harder...he's Galvatron and right now I aim for him of I see him because he's a wimp.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    his sp2 definitely needs fixing, but he is pretty decent and easy enough to use. Sure he needs to charge up all of the time (which really boosts his ranged attacks) but if you can charge up and land stun with sp1 he can do some solid damage.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I don't mind his fighting style but he doesn't hit as hard as Megatron, which should be fixed. Earth Wars did the same thing. Galvatron is Megatron 2.0 and should be rated as such.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I didn't wanna be the guy to complain about this, but it's true. In the words of the Immortan Joe, he's definitely mediocre for being who he is.

He could definitely use another bell or whistle to really make him more viable. Especially since one of his synergies is with another bot who seems to be missing something: Ultra Magnus.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    main gripe is the pew pew cannon and srsly the charge needs to last longer to be viable..
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Personally..

I think he could easily be made more viable with one simple change...

In addition to charging dark energy while blocking, he should also earn 2 dark energy charges per hit taken, both melee and ranged whether he is blocking or not.

And I don't know if his charge last longer as his Sig goes up, but it should. Getting a combo off at 30 charges fast enough to chain into any special is tight.

This is why earning charges while getting hit may help.
  • He is a little bit on the less potent side with Shockwave, but Galvatron can at least be above average when used well. Working with his dark charges and specials is extremely important to making him worth while. His ranged attacks can do some freakish damage with all 30 charges set. Even blocked shots pack a punch. Once you have his ability, passive energy becomes a thing plus, the unstoppable buff helps for getting those melee combos started. An obvious way to buff his S3 is charge up before activation for 60 charges and 100% dark burn chance.

I noticed his S2 can be avoided, but I've never had an enemy NPC pull it off yet. They seem to stand there and take it. Since I have Shockwave, I hold for his final special either way. Since it's technically suppose to hit, I wouldn't mind having that issue fixed.

My only suggestion for Galvatron would be 8 second charges over 6 and they don't clock down when a special is active. The same would be nice for Shockwave as well. Both characters have a problem of losing their charges before the triggering shot of the special occurs. Mainly the S2 for Galvatron and S1 for Shockwave
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I agree with all the above if there is one bot I would like to see get a buff its him. Right now he's just not very good compared to the other demo bots far from it. Imo
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited November 2017
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I don't mind his fighting style but he doesn't hit as hard as Megatron, which should be fixed. Earth Wars did the same thing. Galvatron is Megatron 2.0 and should be rated as such.

He hits miles harder than Megatron. There's a bit of a use curve as he is tempting to force chasing charge home runs, but other than that he's best demo right now behind ironhide. Megatron exchanges charges that don't expire for much less damage (even on a heavy attack much less specials). Ramjet, now THAT is a broken s2 (misses if used as a combo ender and they aren't against a wall). Waspinator is below average. Mixmaster is mixmaster.

If you are having trouble using him, I have two suggestions. Don't chase charge home runs, they come to you naturally... and while you are being patient, realize that he happens to be the only demo with decent standard attack damage (higher than others as is, and his combo ender crits more than half the time... he's doing way more damage building energy than other demos are, unless you are ironhide catching them with several heavy attacks). If you are a special baiter, then you are already accustomed to dancing around at a medium distance (sufficient enough to start his charge), so... instead of dodging/dashing when you see the opponent's special animation fire, hit block right away and hold. You'll have a full charge and probably a free home run hit by the time the animation ends (other than super short ones like MV1 s1 and such).

If he has a weakness, I would say that it is actually lasting power (because he likes to block on purpose where others would dodge), so on a hard map he isn't as long lasting as, well, ironhide.
  • Yeah, it’s pretty much impossible to get sp2 to land with dark charges up.

If they lasted 2-4s longer he’d be such a better bot
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Agree @Manthro , adding to the fact that Waspinator's resistance debuff is locked during his S3, this is unfair for Galvs. @Kabam Miike thoughts?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Agree @Manthro , adding to the fact that Waspinator's resistance debuff is locked during his S3, this is unfair for Galvs. @Kabam Miike thoughts?

Not quite the same thing..

Both wasp and galvatron do get the luxury of their respective buffs locked in on s3..

Neither one gets them locked on s1 or S2, but the difference here is.. wasp's debuff can be combo'd and ultimately chained into a special attack.

You do not have this same fluid transition using galvatrons blocking mechanism, so it needs just a little bit of help.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Then that's another problem I'm afraid. Wasp has a late activate sting which facilitates his "doubletap->dash5combo->special" sequence, but Galvatron doesn't have this.
    S1 and S2 don't stop the clock of any buff in general, be it buff or debuff. If this got changed, shoulde DOT debuff be stopped as well? People will complain "why xxx doesn't bleed to death simply because he/she activates an S1/S2?"