Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Annoying Issues

Anyone else find this annoying where the game takes a long time to load? This is most annoying in raids because the loading usually takes up 5-7 minutes of my raid times. Also the crashing also takes up alot of the time during raids making it very annoying to do. Which is why I completely hate doing raids. I always run out of time and makes me very angry. Kabaam please try to fix this problem its very angering. Thanks. I am using an LG Android.

Comments

• My android gets hot enough to cook bacon, usually don't have that kind of loading issue with good signal though
  • Which LG are you on? I've got a G5 with latest android OS and everything works fine. Since launch I've crashed maybe twice and the last one was months ago
  • Mine LG is an older G4, I'm not suprised of the issues
  • I got an LG Spree
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Mine LG is an older G4, I'm not suprised of the issues

Yeah, I loved my G4. But I wouldn't trust it to run this top notch. G5 is US 250 atm. It's a lot better than the 4. I've been very happy since upgrading a year ago. G6 is out too but I haven't messed with it. Obviously it would be a lot more than the G5. Heard good things about the V30 too
  • Steelbane wrote: »
    I got an LG Spree

I've never heard of the Spree so I'm going to guess it's one of their cheaper phones? How old is it? Cheaper or not, if it's 3+ years old it's probably not going to handle as well. Could be running too old a version of android os too if it's a bit aged as well and dependent on your carrier. That could be causing issues as well.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I have a problem with phones (always wanting new), so I go through them a lot. I had the iPhone 7+ and then upgraded to the 8+ as I saw what's coming out next year and had no desire to wait and pay. Point is, since I got the 8+, I have not had one crash and my phone hasn't heated up once.

Same manufacturer, same OS version, different hardware. I think it's virtually impossible for Kabam to make this game smooth for everyone.
  • Odie21 wrote: »
    I have a problem with phones (always wanting new), so I go through them a lot. I had the iPhone 7+ and then upgraded to the 8+ as I saw what's coming out next year and had no desire to wait and pay. Point is, since I got the 8+, I have not had one crash and my phone hasn't heated up once.

Same manufacturer, same OS version, different hardware. I think it's virtually impossible for Kabam to make this game smooth for everyone.

Exactly. This is what I've been saying. PC developers have struggled with this for years. It just is not cost effective for them to try an optimize a new game for phones that are 2-3+ years old.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Mine LG is an older G4, I'm not suprised of the issues

Yeah, I loved my G4. But I wouldn't trust it to run this top notch. G5 is US 250 atm. It's a lot better than the 4. I've been very happy since upgrading a year ago. G6 is out too but I haven't messed with it. Obviously it would be a lot more than the G5. Heard good things about the V30 too

Always nice to hear about the devices that are running rather smoothly, so thank you for posting this info. I'm do for an update but procrastinating.....another LG or iPhone 8/10
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Go LG. Android is having far fewer issues than Apple. G5 and V30 have both performed well and I imagine that G6 would run better than the 5.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Go LG. Android is having far fewer issues than Apple. G5 and V30 have both performed well and I imagine that G6 would run better than the 5.

Seriously you think android can beat most optimised OS in the world .....lol
    You better google it again any device VS Iphone handling threads tell me who beat it.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yes Jatinder that's exactly what we're telling you. Outside of weird bargain models, Android phones are overall more stable than Apple phones. They trade out shiny graphics to get that stability, but dollar for dollar they can run the game far smoother.

• [
    Seriously you think android can beat most optimised OS in the world .....lol
    You better google it again any device VS Iphone handling threads tell me who beat it.

If iOS is so stable, why have PC devs ALWAYS had issues with it and traditionally release games on it months after the Windows release. Do a bit more research next time. The only comparison I've made of Android vs Apple is this game. Everything else I've said is concerning 20 years of personal PC experience between Apple and Windows. And TFtF is without a doubt far more stable on Android than Apple.

Apple is simply amazing.....in an Apple environment. Outside of an all Apple environment, it's a complete pita. Always has been because guess what, Apple doesn't and has never played well with others.
  • Seriously they need to fix the crashing. It just ruins the gameplay please Kabaam Fix this
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    CandKane wrote: »
    Yes Jatinder that's exactly what we're telling you. Outside of weird bargain models, Android phones are overall more stable than Apple phones. They trade out shiny graphics to get that stability, but dollar for dollar they can run the game far smoother.

I disagree. I've been using the iPhone for 1-2 years now in which I came from Android since the inception of the brand. iOS is by far any away the most stable. Once you take a stock Android OS, then allow the manufacturers to create their "own" coating over the stock software from Google and THEN the phone carriers add their crap on top of that?

If you go with stock Android (Nexus, Pixel, etc) then you have a better experience but it's still not without faults. Take a look at the class action lawsuit right now against LG and the new Pixel 2.

I used to root and modify my phones all the time, in fact it was a challenge. I went through phones left and right because the OS would crash, massive battery drains, etc.

When I compare Android vs iOS, I believe that iOS wins hands down. Now Apple isn't without their issues as the new iOS 11 came out and they had a lot of issues but the fact that you had a new update every 1-2 weeks trying to resolve that? Yeah, Android can't touch that, even with Nexus and Pixel that get 1 update per month.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    I’ve personally only played on iOS with this game iPhone 6s Plus and 7 plus and have had zero crashes persay since beta other than heat related and I’ve found as a whole if I take the otter box off it gets hot but doesn’t lag
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Odie21 wrote: »
    CandKane wrote: »

I disagree. I've been using the iPhone for 1-2 years now in which I came from Android since the inception of the brand. iOS is by far any away the most stable. Once you take a stock Android OS, then allow the manufacturers to create their "own" coating over the stock software from Google and THEN the phone carriers add their crap on top of that?

If you go with stock Android (Nexus, Pixel, etc) then you have a better experience but it's still not without faults. Take a look at the class action lawsuit right now against LG and the new Pixel 2.

I used to root and modify my phones all the time, in fact it was a challenge. I went through phones left and right because the OS would crash, massive battery drains, etc.

When I compare Android vs iOS, I believe that iOS wins hands down. Now Apple isn't without their issues as the new iOS 11 came out and they had a lot of issues but the fact that you had a new update every 1-2 weeks trying to resolve that? Yeah, Android can't touch that, even with Nexus and Pixel that get 1 update per month.

Hmm okay fair enough, I can only speak from personal experience so others may have had it better/worse. I don't push my phone much, besides FtF I've got a few idle and puzzle games and that's about it. I strip out the bloatware, but otherwise stick with the factory settings and the game purrs like a heavy metal kitten..
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Odie21 wrote: »

Lucky for you that's no longer a problem.

T-MOBILE just introduced their "sheep forever" plan where you automatically get an upgrade to the latest and greatest sheep phone as soon as it comes out.

Assuming you're in America and you are an iPhone fan, you can baaa-aaa til the sun goes down... Neither of which is this guy.
  • To be entirely honest with you, i feel the crashing has become a feature. I don’t mind it but at least tone it down...