Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shard crystals

It seems shard crystals are lacking these days, especially PBCs and Shattered Lands crystals. I've never pulled anything but a 2* bot from a pbc shard crystal, and the Shattered Lands crystal should never have anything less than alpha shards, no more of this t2 essence crap...we didn't bust out ass in a level 56 AM for t2 basic.. I'd like to hear Kabams thoughts on this.

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    From experience, I've seen pbc's that are rewarded in spotlight missions to haul better bots than the standard pbc's earned via shards; however, I think at the end of the day it comes down to luck. I have gotten shards for alphas and t3b before!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I've pulled 3 4* bots in 10 months of play out of PBC. That's a pretty good haul.

SL crystals give me AM revives which save me energon, so I don't mind
  • I just pulled my first four star out of PBC last week. Been playing since launch. So I kindof feel like they are getting better. As for the shattered lands I still have only gotten junk but I keep trying.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Shattered Lands crystal gave me my first alpha, so I tend to view them more favorably. Haven't opened a PBC since beginning of October so idk on them, saving every scrap of anything I can get my mitts on for a 4* Megatron.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Manthro wrote: »
    I've pulled 3 4* bots in 10 months of play out of PBC. That's a pretty good haul.

Did you start during beta? Because if I'm not mistaken this game was released in April..
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Beta was december of last year
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Did you start during beta? Because if I'm not mistaken this game was released in April..

Yes, I've been playing since beta
  • I've pulled 2 4* from pbc but those were actual crystals. I've only ever pulled 1-2 3* from the tons of shard pbc I've opened. Might as well name em 2* crystals. I've seriously pulled more 3* from daily crystals. As for SL crystals, I've been quite lucky having pulled 3 t3b and several t1a. But majority of them are still t2b and yeah, running high lvl AM and still pulling t2b is pretty awful.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I wish pb shard crystals had the same rate as pb crystals, or at least had a different name so people have appropriate expectations.

Like, just call them bot crystals, opening 50 premium bot shard crystals and only getting 2* doesn't feel very premium to me.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    I wish pb shard crystals had the same rate as pb crystals, or at least had a different name so people have appropriate expectations.

Like, just call them bot crystals, opening 50 premium bot shard crystals and only getting 2* doesn't feel very premium to me.

Exactly. They're called the same as the energon purchased ones but clearly do not have the same drop rate. Multiple threads and not a single person anywhere claims to have pulled a 4* from the shards. Obviously they are not the same crystal so Kabam should either rename them or fix them to match the other PBC.
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »

Exactly. They're called the same as the energon purchased ones but clearly do not have the same drop rate. Multiple threads and not a single person anywhere claims to have pulled a 4* from the shards. Obviously they are not the same crystal so Kabam should either rename them or fix them to match the other PBC.

Lol.. I'll debunk that right now. I've pulled two of my 4* bots from PBC shards.
    edited November 2017

Lol.. I'll debunk that right now. I've pulled two of my 4* bots from PBC shards.

His point is that the rates are different, which is undeniable. There's enough video openings to show that. Would it be fair to say you've opened far less non-shard pbcs (including feature crystals, which appear to have the same rate) and opened more than 2 4* bots?

The difference in 3* drop rates is equally obvious between the two.
  • I've had 3 4stars from pc shards but....

Imo it would stand to reason pbc shards have a lower drop rate than actual pbc crystals just for the simple fact they are much easier to aquire.

But as of now I've had better pulls from shards but obviously like most I've had way more pbc shards than pbc crystals
    edited November 2017

His point is that the rates are different, which is undeniable. There's enough video openings to show that. Would it be fair to say you've opened far less non-shard pbcs (including feature crystals, which appear to have the same rate) and opened more than 2 4* bots?

The difference in 3* drop rates is equally obvious between the two.

No, that wasn't his point. His point was clearly stated:

"Multiple threads and not a single person anywhere claims to have pulled a 4* bot from PBC shards"

Don't make things say what you want them to say just because you don't like the answer.
    edited November 2017

"Multiple threads and not a single person anywhere claims to have pulled a 4* bot from PBC shards"

Don't make things say what you want them to say just because you don't like the answer.

Ok, so the way English works is, main ideas come earlier in the paragraph. You want to look at the beginning to see what the topic and focus is. But you could also look at the paragraph overall and see the first and last sentence talks about rate and the middle sentence is an example, obviously exaggerated. An example is not the point, it's emphasising his point. Do you think his point is pbc don't drop 4* at all? Obviously, the crystal doesn't have 0% chance of a 4* because it says 2-4* crystal and we would be saying it's a bug rather than a different rate if it was in fact 0%, which means we're talking about two different rates for two items with the same name.

You've cherry picked his middle sentence, ignoring the context he replied to and both sentences before and after, missing the point completely.
    edited November 2017

Ok, so the way English works is, main ideas come earlier in the paragraph. You want to look at the beginning to see what the topic and focus is. But you could also look at the paragraph overall and see the first and last sentence talks about rate and the middle sentence is an example, obviously exaggerated. An example is not the point, it's emphasising his point. Do you think his point is pbc don't drop 4* at all? Obviously, the crystal doesn't have 0% chance of a 4* because it says 2-4* crystal and we would be saying it's a bug rather than a different rate if it was in fact 0%, which means we're talking about two different rates for two items with the same name.

You've cherry picked his middle sentence, ignoring the context he replied to and both sentences before and after, missing the point completely.

See, I find zero difference in drop rate between shard PBC and full PBC. That's been my experience, and I've been playing this game longer than most.

People always exaggerate claims to try and reinforce their position.

Reading stuff like "I've opened a thousand PBC crystals and got only 2* bots"

Rrrrriiiight. I've seen this nonsense more than once.

Tired of it, no one buys those bogus claims, and seeing posts that claim to represent every single person's experience will get shenanigans called by someone.

The whole point of my original reply to him was to let him know that I, and many others (as you can see by the agrees) have pulled 4* bots from shard PBC. It's just not common.

Been playing since March and I've opened 4 (possibly 5) from PBC.

You will not see them often.
    edited November 2017
    @Manthro I've opened at least 100,000 crystals and only had 2*... one time I even got a 1*! :p

I don't doubt 4* are in there. However, Nightskies opening vids are a great example of how different the rates are. You can see him open heaps of shards and full crystals and feature crystals. His video is where I saw 50 shard crystals bulk opened and not even a 3*.

My shard results are similar and maybe I'm just lucky with my full crystal pulls compared to my shard pulls, but even with super low 4* odds maybe making it hard to tell how much is luck, even trying to get 3* from shards is much harder for me, 3* at least, due to higher chances should be easier to see a more equal pull rate, but it's not even close. Like 2-6 out of 20 for full crystals and 0-1 for shard crystals. :(
  • I'm not here to argue. @Manthro I am glad you have managed to pull 4* from shard pbc. A lot of people have not and I can only go on what I've personally experienced and what others are putting out there too that I've seen. I'm not the forum police tho so I don't see every single post concerning the subject. I've opened far, far, far more shard pbc than standard pbc and only 4* have come from standard pbc. @Terminal is right in that my main point was that the drop rates for shard vs standard do seem very different. I apologize for overstepping and saying noone has pulled a 4* from shards. I will still say tho that the rates seem very different to what a standard pbc is. Bulk openings for both have yielded two very different results. Best example(and I wish I still had the video of it) would be when I bulk opened 20 pbc vs 50 shard pbc a couple of months ago. I got no 4* in either but the 20 pbc yielded something like 5-6 3*. The 50 shard crystals got me 1 3*. That alone mathematically tells me there is a difference in drop rates when put with other peoples pulls as well.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    so far I have gotten 2 4* bots from PBCs. I've played the game when it was first launch and not a beta player.

So yea.. 4* do drop but they are VERY rare. Don't expect it to happen often. Chances will be even lower if you don't play the game much - hence getting a lower amount of PBC shards / crystals.
  • X3 4star bots from pbc shards in my "experience"
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I have yet to pull a 4* from any pbc, shard or otherwise, although I think I've gotten more 3* out of the full crystals than shards. No hard evidence, just what I can remember.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I have opened a lot more shard pbc than regular, and I have had 3 4* from the regular pbc, only had 1 3* from pbc shard crystals.

The same is true on mcoc so I have no reason to think it is any different here
  • I would tend to think that the shards are lesser. Although I did pull a 4* mod from PMC (PMS crystal? lol sorry). Mostly though I don't even consider those a chance for 4*s, saving 1200 energon for 10 "sale" featured crystals is by far the best option to actually wait for in anticipation. While I've netted only one 3* the last time I tried, out of 4 tries I have 3 4*s, and one draw was 2 4*s and 3 3*s in same batch. No dino bot dupe from doing that though, this month was not as generous as galvatron month.1500 energon is a bit steep, but you would DEFINITELY rather save to 1200 than burn 1000 on regular pbc.