Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AI is more aggressive in AM now.. and they have a higher PI than previously

Not sure if this was intended or a bug. But be warned guys the same difficulty you're doing last time, and now after the patch is different. They have higher PI too = higher HP and attack.

Fought a bunch of bots so far and they are definitely smarter, more aggressive, and evades more often.

Comments

• I’m a couple bots into AM and doesn’t seem any more difficult. Seems basically the same.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    JagerPrime wrote: »
    I’m a couple bots into AM and doesn’t seem any more difficult. Seems basically the same.

what difficulty you're doing? my alliance is in the high 70s.. referring to that.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited November 2017
    JagerPrime wrote: »
    I’m a couple bots into AM and doesn’t seem any more difficult. Seems basically the same.

I agree when this comment.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    The AI has definitely been cranked up a notch - almost to the point it appears it can do things we cannot.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited November 2017
    DaveJL wrote: »
    The AI has definitely been cranked up a notch - almost to the point it appears it can do things we cannot.

It's been able to do things we can't since launch, although I'm personally seeing no more rule-bending than usual by the AI
    CandKane wrote: »

It's been able to do things we can't since launch, although I'm personally seeing no more rule-bending than usual by the AI

Well we have upped our difficulty to something similar to Davien, but only by a few levels, and we are getting a good kicking. I’m definitely getting caught with ranged attacks a lot (it is like the instant I dash back they fire 3 shots or something) and when dodging around it is like the AI doesn’t have a delay between their actions if they are dodging and attacking too
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    CandKane wrote: »

Well we have upped our difficulty to something similar to Davien, but only by a few levels, and we are getting a good kicking. I’m definitely getting caught with ranged attacks a lot (it is like the instant I dash back they fire 3 shots or something) and when dodging around it is like the AI doesn’t have a delay between their actions if they are dodging and attacking too

It might be related to the difficulty scaling, my alliance is running a lower level than you and Davien, haven't noticed much change in behavior.
  • Yeah. AI does seem a bit more squirrely than usual. We're running a few levels higher than our previous highest. Bots do seem to be a higher PI than before. But first time at diff so cannot confim
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    AI I hyper aggressive now, starting every fight with an attack pretty much every single fight. If you did the BB line like myself you got a double dose of fun as apparently he got an unannounced buff as well.

Once I got past that fight it was all smooth sailing, just expect the enemy to charge you every single fight.
    edited November 2017
    Serapth wrote: »
    ...just expect the enemy to charge you every single fight.

this.. they no longer block / backstep / sidestep as often after a battle starts. More often than not they charge at u and they usually get the first hit. Advantage of being AI.. perfect timing. If you don't block or backstep free 1st combo for them.
    Unfortunately this AI change is applying to RoK too, which makes me regret not doing it earlier. Before Mix used to be pretty standoffish... his s1 relatively easy to bait.

Now he charges like a bull the entire fight making that fight a hell of a lot harder.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Feels like every few updates they undo the original changes they made to the ai.
    Update has made it impossible to attack Mirage in AM after his SP1, at least with OG. You either whiff or he recovers and counter attacks instantly.

Please fix.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481

8xysbf89uie6.png

Not sure I have the same issues
  • Yeah, I haven’t noticed anything like this either
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    BOFAD wrote: »
    8xysbf89uie6.png

Not sure I have the same issues

Nice work Bofad
    seems to be back to its old tricks today, eating a combo then charging forward again
    Guess its intentional since map 3 is coming soon, and likely being much harder than what we're playing now.

Biggest proof is bumblebee.. Is like he's max awakened with the melee and range evade switching up almost instantly. Previously before this patch it wasn't like this.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Davien wrote: »
    Guess its intentional since map 3 is coming soon, and likely being much harder than what we're playing now.

Biggest proof is bumblebee.. Is like he's max awakened with the melee and range evade switching up almost instantly. Previously before this patch it wasn't like this.

Miike has confirmed this is not a bug but a fix already. BBB is meant to instant switch on high sig level.
  • Davien wrote: »
    Not sure if this was intended or a bug. But be warned guys the same difficulty you're doing last time, and now after the patch is different. They have higher PI too = higher HP and attack.

Fought a bunch of bots so far and they are definitely smarter, more aggressive, and evades more often.

I've noticed AM is harder too, but since my alliance keeps pushing the level up, thought we just crossed another one of those magic thresholds where the AI gets harder.
    I have seen the AI doing things that players can't do, but I think this may be an issue with the game not playing nice with the device (newest gen iPad). I've seen the AI teleport, do damage as though I was not blocking, magically gain 1-2 bars of energy, and mini freezes before specials that make it so I'm unable to move my bot at all...rendering the damage unavoidable. It happens in all game modes, but is the most punishing in AM due to the more difficult and stronger AI. A glitch that is an annoyance in solo quests steals 1/2 to 3/4 my HP in AM.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Twice now I've had the ai do a light ranged and when it hit, immediately combo with a special attack so it can't be blocked. I can't remember the mode though, I just remember thinking wtf.