Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

advice for new players

i started game a day ago. any advice. like all currencies and how to get them and what to use on?
how to get free bots. what are all the different mission parts. campaign arena and i forget others.
explain all you know that would help me.

Comments

• Options
    1. Join an alliance ASAP. Any alliance is fine to start with, no reason to be afraid of moving around a bit till you find your feet
    2. Download Line - that's where most community chat happens
    3. When you've got Line, friend the TFTF 411 Bot. It's a player-made resoource for the game that will help you a lot
    4. There's a FB group: TFTF Global Community I think it's called, but it's not super active
    4. If you're expecting to keep playing this daily for more than a month, consider buying whatever 3* bots are available in the first week or two. It will really propel you along
    5. If you're gonna buy stuff, bots at a tier you don't have any of yet are a good option. Other things... probably wait till you know more about what you're doing
    6. Featured crystals can be good, but don't get your hopes up
    7. Do as much of the Special Event as you can before you go too far in the Story Mission. The Story Mission is always there, but the Special Event is replaced every month, meaning the rewards are only available until the new event begins.
    8. Don't try and rank up every bot all the time. Focus on a core team that can get you through missions. Try and pick your favourite bot of each class and focus on that bot as much as you can. Later, you'll be able to use the other bots more.
    9. Don't worry about having a great defense - it doesn't really matter
    10. Have fun :)
  • Options
    Run through all the daily missions to build up an inventory of sparks
  • Options
    camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    Trailfire wrote: »
    1. Join an alliance ASAP. Any alliance is fine to start with, no reason to be afraid of moving around a bit till you find your feet
    2. Download Line - that's where most community chat happens
    3. When you've got Line, friend the TFTF 411 Bot. It's a player-made resoource for the game that will help you a lot
    4. There's a FB group: TFTF Global Community I think it's called, but it's not super active
    4. If you're expecting to keep playing this daily for more than a month, consider buying whatever 3* bots are available in the first week or two. It will really propel you along
    5. If you're gonna buy stuff, bots at a tier you don't have any of yet are a good option. Other things... probably wait till you know more about what you're doing
    6. Featured crystals can be good, but don't get your hopes up
    7. Do as much of the Special Event as you can before you go too far in the Story Mission. The Story Mission is always there, but the Special Event is replaced every month, meaning the rewards are only available until the new event begins.
    8. Don't try and rank up every bot all the time. Focus on a core team that can get you through missions. Try and pick your favourite bot of each class and focus on that bot as much as you can. Later, you'll be able to use the other bots more.
    9. Don't worry about having a great defense - it doesn't really matter
    10. Have fun :)

what does this TFTF 411 bot do? also how do i get all the movie characters? how do i get the goldish yellow colored characters from crystal things. and thank you for advice. i will pick 1 for each class and concentrate.
  • Options
    Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    The bots you collect are random. If you're specifically after bayformers, my best advice is buy any deals they offer with cinematic crystals as these only award bayformer bots. The 411 bot is an information resource concerning most every aspect of FtF. It posts important forum threads, has info on leveling and forging bots, a nice calendar and a few other tidbits. You can't go wrong using it. And Line really is the primary chat resource so you would do well to acquire it if you plan to be any kind of serious player.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    to add on, ignore raid and forging for now.
  • Options
    I have to disagree about raiding. While you should definitely not concern yourself with forging currently, you should definitely work to raid when possible as the raid store has some really good items on offer for newer players such as t1b and t2b which will be needed a lot. Then there are the daily offers, many of which are easily acquired even by newer players.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    hmm there is that. still, i would focus on building up bots first. no harm trying raids i guess

but yeah forging should be attempted much later when you have more bots around to sacrifice.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited November 2017
    For now, I'd say just do your story line missions whenever possible. It's a great method of increasing your energon count as you progress and complete Act 1 - energon is great for getting energy refills, or buying featured bot crystals, though try to be conservative with your energon use ;). Moreover, the missions provide a great avenue in generating your gold and ore count, both of which are necessary in ranking up your bots. Also, if you have energy to spare, try to complete easy level spot light missions as the rewards also provide a great boon to the players.

As for arenas, try to participate in them. It may seem like a staggering amount of work, but whatever reward bracket you end up in, the rewards are still something a new player shouldn't miss.

Do raids, but forget about base building for now. The focus is to be able to raid, and earn raid chips to purchase items from the raid store. There are daily items sold in the store, ranging from premium crystals, to rank up crystals. Anything you can afford is great to further advance your game.

As others have mentioned, try to join an alliance that is active around your level of play.

Do daily missions to earn required sparks to get your bot ranked up when necessary.

Get involved in the community, and honestly just have fun.

Lastly, here's a playlist for newbies who wish to better their gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5s01qfDtM&list=PLXXju0DmtY9_TMjL9fRlNcjcjpau1thDq

Have fun buddy ;)
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    And check this post for videos, some fighting skills are better viewed than explained.
  • Options
    The drop rates from premium and featured bot crystals are very, very bad. You will get mostly 2* bots with an occasional 3* and a 4* once a blue moon. I would not recommend spending energon on them. You will want to do story missions and do the event missions (the easy difficulty should be doable, even with a squad of 2* bots). You'll get the sparks you need to build up as well as earning shards and crystals to expand your roster.
    Its better to save your energon for mastery cores and for special deals (sometimes you'll get an offer for a guaranteed 3* with chance of 4*, for example). If you save your energon, you'll have it ready to snap up those deals without spending any money on the game.
    Grinding arena will help you earn gold as well as shards and useful items to help you progress.
  • Options
    Nice pointers... sure helped someone
  • Options
    UGh the gold costs tho.. I went from 200,000 to 2,000 because upgrading costed so much gold