Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Meaning behind stats

I've been playing for a couple of months now and so far, I've gone with the bots and upgrades that seemed strong and fitted my playstyle on a purely empirical basis. However the more I got into the game I realized that in order to really be effective, I need to understand the hidden meaning behind all the stats in the game. Especially since the game seem to assume I already know the full info on the stats. For instance, the "Star seeker" mastery explains it increases the "Attack rating" of a bot. That tells me absolutely nothing. So here goes :-)

What are the different stats of the bots and what do they actually mean? Mathematical formulas for scaling effect would be a bonus :-)

A few examples might be in order. This is a few of the characteristics I'm interested in:

Attack rating
Attack
Defence
Armor
Critical hit rate
Critical damage
Critical damage resistance

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    These data have never been released. Someone asked Kabam about them without response. It's hard to solve so many equations with so many variables all by observing floating numbers.

For what u aksed, I think:
    Attack rating is another way of saying attack.
    There's no such thing called defense. Maybe it's armor and resistance combined to form defense system but again, these two params are not visualized.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! I feel it's odd that they don't give us any information about the stats though. I mean they don't need to give us the math behind them if they want to keep that secret but at least tell us what the stats are for :-) Like in the example with Star Seeker, how are we supposed to know what masteries to choose?

In most games I've played, Attack rating is a stat affecting Hit rate, but that's always 100% in this game, right? So then I guess Attack (rating) is affecting the damage somehow but it would be nice to be sure of it.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited November 2017
    you can see the attack rating... its the one under the hp. Attack does affect damage, but the formula to see how it translates, who knows. More is better, though.

hidden stats are crit rate, crit damage, armour, block proficiency

there may be more, based on the ones in mcoc, but maybe not
  • Options
    Ahh, thanks for the insight :-)
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I dunno if I am allowed to post a screenshot of MCoC, so apologies if it contravenes the rules, but here it is
    rz4xxpmpi78f.png

they made those stats visible for players after much asking. Hired_Goon also started a thread asking for them to be made visible, but there was only myself who replied. Personally I think we should be able to see them, it is somewhat important and it is also somewhat interesting. You get a feel for which bots have increases in certain stats anyway, but it would be cool to see.
  • Options
    Alright. So I'll speak up here since that's what Kabam "told me to do by closing other thread". Guys need to apeak up and let Kabam know we want to see the hidden stats in game. We won't get it without enough voices speaking up. And from Daves SS of MCoC hidden stats, explanations for each would be provided once they make it available for us to see
  • Options
    And to answer OP question regarding star seeker, there was a whole thread devoted to it's explanation here:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2448/star-seeker-the-maths-behind-the-3000-energons

It's a dead thread but good discussion about the math behind Star Seeker
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I know I'd like to see this; I'd like to see all the information possible on all the bots.

I'd also like to see which highlighted stats in the abilities section will increase upon ranking, because not all of them seem to increase when you rank a bot up

Something like this from Hot Rod's stats:

Rank 3 Rank 4
    60% chance to land decelerate
    >>>>> 80% chance to land decelerate

Although the problem with this example is that I don't think his chances go up when you rank him up to level 4. Yet the stat is still highlighted which indicates that it should rank up at some point.

Sorry if this derails this thread. I just wanna see all the numbers and data.
  • Options
    @Synthwave no, this is the place now. Kabam absolutely made that clear. Let's see those hidden stats. All I know of the ability % in bot info screen is anything highlighted in sig box is what increases with sig. Anything else raises with rank. I can't confirm tho that the rank based stats increase with every rank as I haven't watched a bot closely enough to see. I do tend to see higher ranked bots land abilities like bleed and shock more often tho
  • Options
    I too would like to see hidden data. Going into the new alliance mission map that is more dependent on 3 bots that will actually do well in certain paths and not just 3 separate classes of bots to try and offset advantages to disadvantages.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Sorry, the formatting of my post got all messed up, but glad you get the idea. Hopefully they can come up with a way to present all this data.

Maybe an additional tab on each bot's menu like this:

FORGE
    USE ITEMS
    INFO
    STATS

Once you click on STATS, you'd be able to see everything about that bot and all the stats could be controlled by slider bars.

So you would have 4 slider bars controlled by a toggle switch on the bot info screen.

1. Rank Slider Bar: depending if the bot is a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, or 4 star, it would have the appropriate number of ranks you can slide the toggle to. For example, a 4 star bot would have 5 spots you could slide the toggle to, rank 1 through rank 5. When you slide it to rank 5, it shows the final stats of that particular bot.

2. Level Slider Bar: This will allow you to see the stats of a bot from a level upgrading point of view. For example a 4 star bot that has been upgraded to rank 5 will have a slider bar that allows you to see the stats ranging from levels 1-50. If it's only a rank 4 bot, the slider would only go from 1-40 and so on and so on for each rank level.

3. Signature Slider Bar: This slider bar would be the easiest to implement since it's independent of all the other stats. The slider bar will change the appropriate stats in the signature box and would go from 1-100.

4. Forge Slider Bar: This would be another 1-100 slider bar that shows would adjust the stats accordingly when you slide the bar.

These slider bars would adjust every stat and percentage possible at any point in the bot's evolution and would give players a much better idea about what which bots they would want to focus on. Does that make sense?

Now that I see this though, I could also see this just as easily being implemented under the INFO tab too.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I would very much like all the stats displayed in game.

Some of those stats, like armor, are really important. And not having that info is really confusing because the amount of damage various bots take is not the same and we don't know why or who is even best.
  • Options
    Agreed. Oh, and Kabam, if you're worried people would stop using some bots if you showed us all the stats, then all you have to balance the bots a bit more :-) Besides, I believe flavor is a big factor in bot usage as well. I would never abandon my precious Bonecrusher, regardless of how lousy he may or may not be.
  • Options
    Biomechron wrote: »
    I've been playing for a couple of months now and so far, I've gone with the bots and upgrades that seemed strong and fitted my playstyle on a purely empirical basis. However the more I got into the game I realized that in order to really be effective, I need to understand the hidden meaning behind all the stats in the game. Especially since the game seem to assume I already know the full info on the stats. For instance, the "Star seeker" mastery explains it increases the "Attack rating" of a bot. That tells me absolutely nothing. So here goes :-)

What are the different stats of the bots and what do they actually mean? Mathematical formulas for scaling effect would be a bonus :-)

A few examples might be in order. This is a few of the characteristics I'm interested in:

Attack rating
    Attack
    Defence
    Armor
    Critical hit rate
    Critical damage
    Critical damage resistance

I'd guess it goes lie this:
    Attack: the maximum damage expected by a (non-critical) heavy attack (I believe medium attacks are 80% attack rating and light attacks are 60% attack rating, or something like that)
    Armour: we don't actually get to see this stat, but I suspect it simply reduces the opponents damage
    Crit rate: the chance that your attack deals critical damage
    Crit damage: the bonus damage inflicted if your attack goes critical
    Crit damage resistance: a reduction of damage from your opponents crit hits

So (guessing here) damage inflicted by your attack would be calculated something like this:

Damage =
    IF Crit = yes
    (L/M/H) * ( (Attack - enemy armour) + (crit damage - enemy crit resist) ) + u
    Else
    (L/M/H) * ( (Attack - enemy armour) + u
    (where "u" is a random value between some range, and LMH indicate a coefficient based on the type of hit you're using, light, medium, heavy)

It would get more complicated if you consider things like, is it an energy based or physical attack, does the enemy have resistance to either of those types of attacks, do they have an armour buff or break active, do you have any attack buffs active, did you successfully place a 'damage over time' debuff, or some other things that I can't think of off the top of my head

Of course I have no idea if the equation is linear, or if armour is a coefficient, or how things really work. We don't even get to see the value of armour stats, so there's no way to ever work it out. But if you're just interested in roughly how it probably works, this should be good enough I guess :)