Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Special Attack Evade

Is it possible in a future update to make it so once an NPC is struck by a special attack evade cannot trigger? When an NPC evades a special attack half way through they're able to counter before the .1 sec block time. It's improbable for most players to react that fast.

Comments

• I've only seen this happen when the game freezes for a moment as your bot stops moving but the enemy does not. This allows them to evade while you're stuck in limbo. Unless an unintended glitch occurs CPU isn't suppose to dodge in mid special unless it's triggered by an ability or mod.
  • This sounds like a wrong bot for the wrong job or lag. Once again, evade functions as intended. I love it if I manage to get caught by a special and evade out of it
  • Why does it sound like a wrong bot for the wrong job? No specific bots were mentioned. Hired_Goon, you and Manthro sound an awful lot alike when it comes to this. Somebody brings up something like this happening and its automatically the op's fault for choosing the wrong bot, not having the latest/greatest phone, not playing enough or having enough experience, but never Kabam's fault or a legitimate problem/bug with the game itself. Its like Kabam is paying you guys to crap all over anyone that doesn't sing the praises of how amazing and flawless the game/Kabam is.

I've had this happen, sometimes when the game freezes or drastically slows down (me, not the AI), but I've also seen it happen without lag or anything else, kind of like the enemy AI is like "I'm tired of getting hit, so I'm just going to move out of the way and not let you hit me anymore".
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    It has nothing to do with blaming the OP.

If the OP is referring to the evade ability present on some bots, it can trigger on the middle of a special. Always has, and it is intended to work that way.

If the OP is referring to the AI simply being able to sidestep or dash back manually out of a special attack combo, that's a completely different animal, and I agree it is BS.

That's why Goon is asking the OP to make the distinction.

Ability evades are intended to trigger mid special.

Manually dodging is not.
  • Why does it sound like a wrong bot for the wrong job? No specific bots were mentioned. Hired_Goon, you and Manthro sound an awful lot alike when it comes to this. Somebody brings up something like this happening and its automatically the op's fault for choosing the wrong bot, not having the latest/greatest phone, not playing enough or having enough experience, but never Kabam's fault or a legitimate problem/bug with the game itself. Its like Kabam is paying you guys to crap all over anyone that doesn't sing the praises of how amazing and flawless the game/Kabam is.

I've had this happen, sometimes when the game freezes or drastically slows down (me, not the AI), but I've also seen it happen without lag or anything else, kind of like the enemy AI is like "I'm tired of getting hit, so I'm just going to move out of the way and not let you hit me anymore".

I also mentioned lag as a possibility.

I've never once blamed not having the latest/greatest phone. I don't even have the latest/greatest myself. I've only stated that phones 3+ years old will most likely hace problems and those problems will increase as the phonegets older and Kabam isn't concerned with keeping the game optimized for them.

I don't play enough myself and have mentioned that I do, in fact, have a life many times.

Experience is a factor in all aspects of life. Even in a game like FtF, experience plays a big factor. Just the way it is.

Funny part is, me and Manthro have never even engaged in a conversation with each other. We just have very similar views and I respect what he has to say.

And last but not least, bot choice and knowledge play a huge role in facing evasive bots. Don't pick bots with ranged specials to face Arcee. Mind Bees callibration before launching a special. Don't pop Sideswipes evasion just before you launch a special, etc.... I'm just stating mechanics of the game. It is how it is and should not be changed because people have not learned how to work around it.