Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Disadvantages and imbalance

Strong, relatively high-life bots lose life very easily for bots that are much weaker, and weak bots do not waste as much life in fights against bots that are very strong, this is a balancing attempt? it's really ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Interesting observation, but it's a broad statement without offering specifics.

Give some examples, maybe some discussion will shed some light on it.
  • Options
    yeah. Not quite following what you're saying.
  • Options
    I can't speak for the op but I think I've got an idea about what he is referring to.

I've had raid fights where one of my bots wears down the enemy and I'll bring in, for example, my 4* Ironhide to finish him off and advance to the next fight. Once the fight with the weakened and underpowered bot starts--and I've seen this happen so often lately--he's landing blow after blow and its almost impossible to dodge or block and they dish out a TON of damage despite having an attack score and power level that's maybe 1/3 or even 1/5 of my own. And when I'm finally able to attack, the damage I do is suddenly very sub-par and its like whittling them down instead of taking chunks of health despite a large or even ridiculous gap in rank and level or my attacks will even just miss despite them having no evade or miss chance, and even if they are just standing still and not even blocking (and if they do block, damage is pathetic).

I don't think "balance" is involved, but there is just some ridiculous stuff that bots that should be pushovers are pulling off.
  • Options
    I've never experienced this. In fact, I experience the complete opposite. If I have to play clean up, the cleanup bot usually just goes in and wrecks pretty quick and 9 times out of 10 I come out with a perfect for 5-10 hits. Altho you do specifically mention raiding and I can't remember the last time I lost a bot during a raid.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ok... Again..

Specific examples. What bots are you fighting? What mods are they on? What masteries seem to be triggering?

There are so many contributing factors and variables, especially in raids, and in AM.

There are plenty of abilities that grow in power as a bot drops in health. Motormaster is a great example of this.

Ever taken a combo from a high sig Motormaster when he's almost dead and he has dropped debuffs on you? It hurts. A lot. Even from much weaker Motormasters.

Some bots Crit ratings go up as their life drops, or their evade % goes up due to a mod.

But.. The most overlooked factor? The human factor. I can't tell you how many times I've blown up a great battle when I look and see I'm almost there, and get out of rhythm, lose my patience, take too many chances and get countered, then get frustrated and try to force the finish.

This last bit took me a long amount time and experience to accept and adjust to my playstyle and personality.

Stay disciplined for the entire fight and always be ready to back off a combo starter to prevent getting hit.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Sometimes I'd come out of a battle and I'd be amazed thinking how did I lose 2000 health, I hardly got hit!

So what I did was record some battles and reviewed them.

Lots of little damage that maybe we don't notice really adds up. Things like light ranged attacks and random crits in particular.

In regards to raids, don't forget to factor in the mod stats. They aren't displayed on the bot select screen, only the bots base stats. You'll have to click the bots portrait badge to see mod stats.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I’ve noticed that once my first defender gets low on health and kills a bot of the attacker, the rest of them are doomed as well.

But maybe that’s because it is an R5 Motormaster with low life buffs. At like 2500 attack that R4 Harm mod does about 400 dmg per second
  • Options
    lol, that's pretty brutal Dircules. Remind me to pay the energon cost if/when I run up against it
  • Options
    Don’t forget Masteries, Courage will boost attack by like 35% when under 10% hp. Couple that with the bot skills and mods, and it can get painful very quickly.
  • Options
    SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited November 2017
    The only bot I've noticed this on, where it didn't make sense like Motormaster, was Megatron. Megatron seems to do way more damage than he should, even more pronounced on range finder mod. R4 4* IH should not take 1/4 life bar damage getting him by a ranged combo from a 900 rating 3* Megatron. That's 2500+ damage for 3 or 4 hits

It's never been an issue as I'm often using a 3xrank 4 bots vs a meh base, but if I was lower level than the base, this would be brutal. It used to be like this with Wasp ages ago, but that ended up being a bug and was fixed.
  • Options
    There is no ranger finder mod. If you mean a laser guidance module... Read the description. Maybe it's a high sig and high forge level mod.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Terminal wrote: »
    Sometimes I'd come out of a battle and I'd be amazed thinking how did I lose 2000 health, I hardly got hit!

So what I did was record some battles and reviewed them.

Lots of little damage that maybe we don't notice really adds up. Things like light ranged attacks and random crits in particular.

In regards to raids, don't forget to factor in the mod stats. They aren't displayed on the bot select screen, only the bots base stats. You'll have to click the bots portrait badge to see mod stats.

Yes sir. 2000 damage is 2000 damage, sometimes people's egos are too high to notice haha, including mine! I fought a bludgeon with my grindor earlier today and I was like how how? Thats like half health gone lucky I had it on video and I was like k makes sense lol (man here can't dodge special attacks).
  • Options
    What gets me is game will start getting mini freezes. For example, I was using MV1 to fight grindor on a harm accelerator mod. I was in my rhythm, baiting l1s and hitting enough to keep my hp up. Then I 4 hit combo, start l2 attack. First hit of special connect, mini freeze, and when it unfreezes, grindor is magically blocking the rest of the hits from special and immediately counters with an l1. Grindor has no evade ability, nor does harm accelerator give him an evade ability, so there is no reason for him to magically be able to block after the first hit like that. This happens in raids, AM, arena, and solo missions/spotlight missions.
    It’s also quit common for game to freeze just before AI opponent’s special, making it impossible to block or dodge since I can’t do anything until it unfreezes and by then, I’m already getting lit up.
    I’m using a current gen iPad with up to date software, so it isn’t an issue with the device being outdated.
  • Options
    Therebis one point true about one conversation.
    Let me put it simple some scouts with evade evades in the middle of combo great no problem , On Night birds mark.

But
    This don’t ends here they counter in split second out of human level reach to react back.
    Thats is something not acceptable in the game .

There is no way evade can add with counter absolutely -NO-