Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Exchanging Dinobot chips

Will we be able to exchange dinobot chips for shards or was that a one off deal ?
Tagged:

Comments

• I have same question..
  • Hey there!

So you have until the 7th to use up those Dinobot Chips, but if you're all done with your spending then you can hold onto them for their 1:1 conversion to gold. :) There won't be any shard exchange this time around.
  • Thank you
  • ULTRA_MAGNETICULTRA_MAGNETIC Posts: 20
    edited November 2017
    Just read
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I agree with Terminal, a 1:1 gold exchange is just a bit insulting. Make a 200:1 4* shards exchange, then you're honoring the work/value of the feature chips.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Hey there!

So you have until the 7th to use up those Dinobot Chips, but if you're all done with your spending then you can hold onto them for their 1:1 conversion to gold. :) There won't be any shard exchange this time around.

These chips are more valuable than a 1:1 gold conversion.

It was discussed right at the beginning of the first event and it was said they would be converted to something worth their effort/value.

I'm not getting top 10% in arena for a 1000 gold prize, or 20 raids in a day for 6000 gold, that's ridiculous.

They're worth whatever Kabam says they are. It was implicitly stated that the trading for shards during Galvatron month was a 1 time deal. That this month and going forward there would be the option to buy multiple copies of 3 and 4* featured bot and whatever you have left will be converted to gold. Given that they're awarded for doing the same stuff you normally do. Just take what you are getting. If you didn't get enough to get a 4*, oh well, go buy multiple dupes of 3* like I did.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Terminal wrote: »
    Hey there!

These chips are more valuable than a 1:1 gold conversion.

It was discussed right at the beginning of the first event and it was said they would be converted to something worth their effort/value.

I'm not getting top 10% in arena for a 1000 gold prize, or 20 raids in a day for 6000 gold, that's ridiculous.

No, no... You're skewing the numbers to make it sound like you are wronged.

You didn't spend 20 days in raids to get 6000 chips... You spent all that time getting chips to earn "x" number of 4* and 3* dinobots, and any dupes.

Those extra 6000 chips are exactly that... Just the excess that didn't fit perfectly into the math.

They aren't your grand total for the entire month.. but if that's all you earned, no bueno man... No bueno.
  • Nice for the people with all day or money to shame those who might only earn 6000 chips...

But I digress. Regardless of what you earned, these are worth more than gold, which is essentially the most worthless thing in the game (hence why you can get thousands of it easily). It's just a fact. Kabam can do what they want, but users can also stop playing if they want. Not a problem.
    edited December 2017
    Nice for the people with all day or money to shame those who might only earn 6000 chips...

But I digress. Regardless of what you earned, these are worth more than gold, which is essentially the most worthless thing in the game (hence why you can get thousands of it easily). It's just a fact. Kabam can do what they want, but users can also stop playing if they want. Not a problem.

If you only earn 6000 chips in an entire month it's because you've chosen to do so, not because you are incapable of earning more.

In other words this game doesn't interest you enough for it to matter in the first place.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I had 100k before the last arena day, my excess was like around 350, so it's not a problem for me. The problem is, after someone has achieved their target 100k, 10k, 10k plus or dupes whatever, there is no incentive to play more than usual, and for arena, it loses a huge chunk of its value.

There is no way I'm going to play arena and aim for 10% rank when my rank reward has been nerfed to 1000 gold after hitting my primary goal. Sorry but 'bad math excess items' or an extra bonus for doing what you normally do anyway doesn't cut it for me. It's a rank reward, replacing regular arenas and their rewards. I don't normally do arena for no reward. It was the same problem last month, 100k before the last arena day, am I going to play when the prize has changed in to 4 or 5 shards? No way, it is actually insulting how bad the reward is. The first day and last day I played arena suddenly has a huge difference in value, it should be more consistent.

So then what.. I got a day off, good for me? No, it's poor design if there's no reason or motivation to play the game. I want to play the game, but I'm not spending all that time on arena for just some extra arena crystals and gold when the next day the same effort gets me an actual rank reward. It doesn't acknowledge the time/effort taken to gain those chips and it doesn't compare to other rewards of equal time/effort.

The whole point of this new system over the old one is to get people to play and/or pay more, otherwise why even change the game in the first place if the old system worked better for the company. They're not meant to be just some extra bonus thing as you plod along through the game like you normally do. It's not just some bonus gift.

Also, I would love to see anything that implied it was ever going to be gold. Miike said clearly that the original plan was only 4* shards and the only one off change was to make it a choice between premium and 4*. The conversion rate being equally as bad as gold with the same arguments applying.
    Additionally, this has caused us to rethink our conversion of Galvatron chips. While were initially were going to simply convert them to 4-Star Crystal shards, we decided that this time around, and only this time, we will allow you all to choose between 2 options on what you'd like to trade your Chips for.

Another point, some people will have no interest in certain feature bots. Because it's a month long focus, there needs to be something for them, a decent consolation prize.

For example, I have zero interest in optimus primal, I dislike the design and I never watched beast wars. I don't want that 4* so there is no way I will play the game as much during that month compared to galv, dino and megs, and there is no way I'll open a single crystal. Because if all I'm going to get is gold, I'd rather do something else with my time. That is a poor event design.

There's different ways to fix this.

1. It could convert chips to something that actually equals the effort to get them, knight shards, 4* shards, superior shards or whatever at a proper rate.
    2. They could roll over/become generic (instead of 21 dupes, put a proper cap on it to balance), that way my arena always has the same value, I don't get more or less for the same time depending on when I do it.
    3. Make a whole new thing that they convert to, like sharkticon chips or shark shard crystals, if someone doesn't want the feature bot, they can go for a sharky, and once someone hits their main goal of the feature, they're still encouraged to play because they can work on their sharky.

You know, I'm really amazed anyone would think 1:1 gold is good for feature chips and that they can't think of anything better or creative about how it could be a better system and can't see the problems with how it is currently. 1:1 gold is unimaginative and creates problems, it's not thinking about the entire picture. We have the same solution for chips when it's nothing like how it used to be when it was the solution before in the old system.
  • So that's it then no possibility to get more dinobot chips? I am 2,888 chips from getting the 100k. Damn now that blows. I guess lesson learned. Sure doesn't make that pill any easier to swallow. Frustrated!
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited December 2017
    Nicely done writing a book again @Terminal and on top of it taking a quote out of context.

Here's everything else you left out.
    Commanders!

While we originally intended for you all to be able to only purchase 1 featured Bot of each rank with Featured Bot chips, you surprised us all. Some of you were able to collected enough Galvatron chips to Duplicate a 4-Star Galvatron multiple times.

As a result, we have decided that with Dinobot coming tomorrow, we're going to allow multiple purchases of both the 3-Star and 4-Star version of Dinobot. They will increase in cost with every purchase, and getting a fully awakened 4-Star Dinobot will cost quite a bit more than anybody was able to collect for Galvatron.

Additionally, this has caused us to rethink our conversion of Galvatron chips. While we're initially were going to simply convert them to 4-Star Crystal shards, we decided that this time around, and only this time, we will allow you all to choose between 2 options on what you'd like to trade your Chips for.

Starting at 5am Pacific Time on November 2nd until 5am Pacific time on November 9th, you will be able to purchase either Premium Bot Crystal Shards at a cost of 25 Galvatron Chips per Shard, or 4-Star Bot Crystal shards at 500 Galvatron chips per Shard. Additionally, after November 9th, all remaining Galvatron Chips will be converted to Gold.

Anyone that made some kind of attempt to get the 4* and failed can acquire the 3*. If they don't want to, that's on them. I didn't get the 4*. But I will be happy with the 3* and 3 dupes I picked up for the 70k chips. The 8k or so I have left will convert to gold and I could care less about trying to get it to convert to something else.
    The length of my comment has no bearing on the validity of my argument.

I didn't take anything out of context, because that information is irrelevant. First you complain my post is too long, and then you complain I should have made it longer with unnecessary information. Please make up your mind, and feel free to point out how the parts I excluded change anything, because it doesn't.

The original plan was for chips to convert to 4*., but for that time, and only that time, you could choose 2 options instead. They emphasised that instead of 4* it would be 4* or pbc as a one time change. The one time change is referring to having the choice. Only this time they will allow you to choose, not this time they will allow you to have 4* shards.

There's no reason to assume the conversion would be gold going forward. Nothing implies that. The only way to come to that conclusion is if you misread the information or have some other source of information. So like you asked me, can you not read? or do you maybe have some other information that helped you to come to your conclusion?
  • Terminal wrote: »
    The original plan was for chips to convert to 4*., but for that time, and only that time, you could choose 2 options instead. They emphasised that instead of 4* it would be 4* or pbc as a one time change. The one time change is referring to having the choice. Only this time they will allow you to choose, not this time they will allow you to have 4* shards.

The original plan WAS to convert to 4* shards but we as players blew their expectations by collecting enough to "Duplicate a 4-Star Galvatron multiple times." They altered going forward by allowing purchase of multiple bots this time.
    Terminal wrote: »
    There's no reason to assume the conversion would be gold going forward. Nothing implies that. The only way to come to that conclusion is if you misread the information or have some other source of information. So like you asked me, can you not read? or do you maybe have some other information that helped you to come to your conclusion?
    Hey there!

I read just fine. Interestingly enough, this quote is from this post.
    edited December 2017
    The whole point is that Vyd's comment in this post contradicts what was said before, that they'd convert to 4* shards. Citing the thing being questioned as your evidence doesn't work, that's circular.

About multiples, just because multiples can be purchased doesn't mean the conversion automatically changes from being 4* shards to just being gold. Did you come to that assumption because you think the number will be small so the only option left is for it to be turned in to gold?

As a result of "Some of you were able to collected enough Galvatron chips to Duplicate a 4-Star Galvatron multiple times", two things happened.

1. "we're going to allow multiple purchases of both the 3-Star and 4-Star version of Dinobot"
    2. instead of "simply convert them to 4-Star Crystal shards" it changed to "only this time, we will allow you all to choose between 2 options on what you'd like to trade your Chips for".

There's no point even mentioning what it's supposed to be ("4-Star Crystal shards") if it's not going to be that next time. If it was going to be different he could have just added "and next time they will convert to..."

But anyway, putting all that aside, that doesn't change the argument about value and worth, which I think is the more important discussion point, which i think would be great to focus on and talk about, but I won't repeat it because I've already written the book and it's available for free on your kindle.
    edited December 2017
    Dunno if you realize this... But buying 3* dinobot dupes is worth more 4* shards than converting the chips to shards @ 500:1...

So the argument is moot.

Every 3* dupe is worth 55 4* shards.

55 4* shards at a 500:1 conversion means you need 27500 chips to make 55 4* shards. The 2nd Dinobot 3* dupe costs 14k... It is WAY better to cash them out for dupes.

Any outstanding chips after that is gold. I really don't see what you're up in arms about.
  • @Manthro is quite correct and I had debated bringing it up myself but too lazy to do the math. So that should effectively end the argument there but of course it will not. @Terminal As for what was said concerning 4* shards, I can easily go the route of saying that nowhere does it say that conversion to 4* shards would be the norm going forward for every featured bot in the future. It only says the plan was to convert to 4* shards. You simply assumed that meant for all future featured bots.
    edited December 2017
    One of my previous arguments was 500:1 is also bad. Because things like a 10% arena reward is 1000 chips, so I would get 2 shards. Like what happened this month, I hit 100k 1 day early and had like 380 left over, so no point playing the arena, the only reward left is arena. I think it could be designed better so that people keep wanting to be active as much as possible.

500:1 4* shards doesn't line up with the effort required to earn chips, nor does 1:1 gold. Chips aren't just some extra freebie for doing what you normally do.

If someone hit their goal and it's left over, it doesn't have much meaning.
    If someone doesn't really play and only had 6000, they don't play or care enough anyway.

If someone was actually trying to reach their goal and fell short for whatever reason, it's a terribly discouraging feeling to only get gold or 500:1. The only group that actually could care, where it has some meaning, gets a really bad prize. They're left with the position of there's no point even trying unless they're 100% confident in hitting their goal next time. We're actually being discouraged from trying to push or trying to play more than we usually would. Put yourself in the position of someone who really wanted it, tried, but for whatever reason didn't get there. I'd argue that this group is the most important, because they're most passionate about it and we should be trying to retain them. Gold is not going to keep them in the game, neither is 500:1. Yeah they get the 3*, but they've just learned to only go for that next time and not waste any time trying to play or participate in the game any more than they normally would.
  • I'm in the group you describe. That's why I argue this with you. I tried to reach the Dinobot goal. I fell short by little over 21k chips. I got no 4* dupes and my 4* crystal gain has dropped significantly with the changes to the game so I'm not getting chips from there. My chips came from what I could get through arena and raiding plus the milestones during the AM week. I'm not in the elite top tier. I'm a f2p player with a life. I feel none of what you describe. I said, well hey, I didn't make my goal. I either need to try harder or I'll wait til the featured bot comes to crystals and I pull it eventually. I'm not discouraged from playing the game. I'm now wondering if I should 4/40 my 3* Dinobot or just leave him for now and focus on other bots. I was left with 8k chips that will convert to 8k gold. Doesn't make me want to play the game any less.
    edited December 2017
    We've also had people in the same group in this thread with a very different reaction/attitude to it than yours (and in old threads about it too). Can we say how many on each side? 50/50? 80/20? There's no way for me to know, we only get a small sample on here.

To that end, all views are valid, it's great that it's not going to make you play less, so let's appeal to the ones that it is negative for who might.

I don't think we stand to lose anything by improving the conversion to something better for them.

I also don't think it's going to bring an imbalance to the game.

But what it can do is help retain people we might otherwise lose because of the negative experience.
  • You're right. We do only get a small number here. I say let them speak up. They don't need a champion. Looking back, we have two people, not counting you, that seem unhappy with the conversion and have spoken up. I would be interested to see how many people actually care enough to speak up in here beyond those two.

PS I honestly think only 1 of the two opinions is valid as the other gives me the impression that they have not yet progressed far enough yet to really be worried about earning the featured bot. Extremely new players should not be concerned with trying to earn the featured bot. Maybe add a 2* starting at 1k chips if you want featured bot available to all.
    edited December 2017
    You want the opinions of many in some kind of democratic style.. So what you're saying is.. we should make a poll. :p

@Manthro you know what needs to be done!

I feel like there just aren't enough active voices on here though :-/ even 10 votes doesn't mean much.

Besides maybe speaking for them, I'm also speaking for myself. I've tried to give examples of how it's effected me directly. I'm very concerned about in future months when there's a feature bot I don't particularly want, like Optimus Primal. If my consolation prize for chips is gold, I'm not going to play the arena at all for 2 weeks and I'm not going to do 20 raids a day like I did this time to get Dino.

I'm at a stage in the game where a 3* is useless for my teams, I have r3 and r4 4*, and if we go the convoluted route of I can forge and convert them to to a tiny handful of 4* shards equalling a payout less than an arena, this is a small concession that is also not appealing or encouraging at all for me to make the same kinds of efforts I made this time where the reward for the same effort was a full 4*, it's just too dramatically different.

If the conversion was appropriate or there was a generic reward like knight crystals or something, I would keep playing at the same pace, but as it stands now, I will definitely play less, and to me that's not a good design.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Get a room :)
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    8p2c3fj5pdce.jpeg

Nuff said
  • Lol @Mustangjon

3* isn't entirely worthless unless you dont want the 4*. Remember you need the 3* to hit forge 100 on the 4*.

Me personally, if I don't have to concern myself with arena for 2 weeks, that's a wonderful break. Plenty of other stuff to do to stay occupied. Raid store still carries occasional good item to go after.

But this is all me. I don't speak for others. At end of day, I still have Spotlight to do, Story to 100%, raids to run, AM to organize and run and an alliance to keep on track.

And where's the fun of letting everyone watch if we get a room @Dircules ? I'm an exhibitionist at heart.
    edited December 2017
    Dircules wrote: »
    Get a room :)

Only if you join. :*

Ah Jon, good ol' Jon adding quality content to the forums as usual, thanks for your contribution :#

That's a very interesting point that you raise about the issue at hand.. I'll have to think about that some more. It's a very engaging and thought provoking point that you make.