Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Base Feedback Thread

I need some feedback on my base so I figured I'll just start a thread for it. Post up your base!

n4cmt89bl30t.png

Comments

• Updated base. I'm trying to balance out both paths to make them equal in difficulty. I wish I had a 3* HA that would really help out my 4* BC.

oop7ha75itop.png
  • Who should I pair with a 3* EMI mod?
  • Think about it this way: If you were to hypothetically attack your own base, and you had whichever bots that you wanted, whom would you use to defeat your base? Once you have some ideas on potential raid teams, place the mods to counter those bots (their fighting styles).

Your raid defense history is also a valuable source of information.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited December 2017
    Ok a few pointers.

On the right, your BC doesn't get bonus from the Harm Accelerator he's on because he's not duped. A better combo would be to put that HA on the Grindor in the middle. Grindors are high hitpoints and armor and as such take a while to kill, allowing the HA to run more and cause more damage.

At the back, a Nightbird Mod is great to use on the last node of the base, because if anyone has a bot close to dying, the Nightbird will kill it off. Plus having a bit of evade on the MotorMaster is pretty annoying because he hits like a truck.

Also about EMI mod, any bot will do really, it's a pretty generic defensive mod that makes it a lot harder to use ranged attacks.

And since you asked for it ... here's my base:
    uphpmd6n9he7.png

Motivations:
    Harm Accelerator on MM at #1: My MM has by far the highest attack rating. HA does damage based on attack rating. Also MMs attack goes up as his health goes down increasing the damage of the HA mod. A lot of people die here.

SoundWave / IronHide on Laser Guidance: They're both very strong with ranged specials and heavy. They're not hard to beat and very predictable in the way they fight, but with slightly faster ranged attacks, one slip up from the opponent causes a lot of damage. If you accidentally get caught by a special, you're toast.

Ratchet + the new Tech Console. They're made for eachother. Ratchet does heals, shocks, and power gain buffs. All increased by the mod. I don't know exactly what it does but it seems to work well and people are not used to fighting it yet.

4th line is basically just random Mods/Bots that I have the highest. Resource is a decent mod and should constantly have you on your toes and watching and baiting specials. If you're not careful you get to Special 3 easily. Grimlock on Harm Accelerator has no particular thought behind it. Maybe I should switch them since Grimlocks specials (especially 2) are more annoying and Windblade does actually benefit from bleeding enemies. (Stun on ranged hits).

Finally my boss. On NightBird mod as suggested. He's also not terribly difficult, but if he dodges a hit and strikes back it hurts. Then nightbird can help finish the job.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Dircules wrote: »
    Ok a few pointers.

On the right, your BC doesn't get bonus from the Harm Accelerator he's on because he's not duped. A better combo would be to put that HA on the Grindor in the middle. Grindors are high hitpoints and armor and as such take a while to kill, allowing the HA to run more and cause more damage.

At the back, a Nightbird Mod is great to use on the last node of the base, because if anyone has a bot close to dying, the Nightbird will kill it off. Plus having a bit of evade on the MotorMaster is pretty annoying because he hits like a truck.

Also about EMI mod, any bot will do really, it's a pretty generic defensive mod that makes it a lot harder to use ranged attacks.

And since you asked for it ... here's my base:
    uphpmd6n9he7.png

Motivations:
    Harm Accelerator on MM at #1: My MM has by far the highest attack rating. HA does damage based on attack rating. Also MMs attack goes up as his health goes down increasing the damage of the HA mod. A lot of people die here.

SoundWave / IronHide on Laser Guidance: They're both very strong with ranged specials and heavy. They're not hard to beat and very predictable in the way they fight, but with slightly faster ranged attacks, one slip up from the opponent causes a lot of damage. If you accidentally get caught by a special, you're toast.

Ratchet + the new Tech Console. They're made for eachother. Ratchet does heals, shocks, and power gain buffs. All increased by the mod. I don't know exactly what it does but it seems to work well and people are not used to fighting it yet.

4th line is basically just random Mods/Bots that I have the highest. Resource is a decent mod and should constantly have you on your toes and watching and baiting specials. If you're not careful you get to Special 3 easily. Grimlock on Harm Accelerator has no particular thought behind it. Maybe I should switch them since Grimlocks specials (especially 2) are more annoying and Windblade does actually benefit from bleeding enemies. (Stun on ranged hits).

Finally my boss. On NightBird mod as suggested. He's also not terribly difficult, but if he dodges a hit and strikes back it hurts. Then nightbird can help finish the job.

I’ve gotta get to 2.2k wanna try out your base then get sad because I’ll die at motormaster
  • I'd put your highest sig harm accelerator (assuming it's a 2*?) with your 3* BC at node 7 (the boss). At the level you're playing at, many invaders wont have MV1 or GL, or some other easy way to deal with him, and even if they do, it might die before they get to the end

Then I'd put your MM with the other harm (3*?) at the middle. Loads of people struggle with him so giving them the choice to avoid him is just wasting your best resource

Megs is a good choice for 1. I'd give him Laser Guidance Mod though - it takes people a long while to get used to dealing with that

The sides don't matter too much. If someone has a weakness, they'll easily be able to step around it. It's very difficult to prevent that. Unless you're Dirk and have a completely insane base! :o