Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Possible megatron glitch in new map

I was fighting megatron on the new AM map and got him to phase 3. At some point (I think it was after the first 10 seconds) he had both the melee and ranged defense buff up. After every 10 seconds, both buffs would refresh so could never do more than 1 damage a hit other than IH’s burn. Maybe I’m just not understanding the mod right but I don’t think that is how it’s supposed to work.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• BubianBubian Posts: 82
    We have this as well. I hit him for 60 times, 1damage. He’s totally bugged. By bg s wiped now because same thing for all of us, won’t clear it. We won’t revive for this.

@Kabam Miike please help.
    edited December 2017
    One guy in my bg did a 68 hit combo.... for 68 damage
    He even went unstoppable. But his health bar is stuck at 50%
  • Echo_5Echo_5 Posts: 33
    What level map did you all run?
    We ran map 3-1; and we took our boss down with links still up. No problem. We aren’t that strong either.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Same at phase 3 all my attacks deal 1 dmg only. Phase 3 is bugged! Both melee and range protection suppose to cycle one by one but in this case both are always up at the same time!!! @Kabam Miike please fix!d76qsm1jruuu.png
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Again people? @Kabam Miike said they tested it extensively and even delayed AM to make sure it all works. Testing boss mechanics of new content is #1 prio on any release so rest assured this is exactly as intended since no paid software tester would miss this scenario.
    We got through it using bleed damage. I don’t believe this is how it’s intended. He’d have both buffs on at once, ranged and melee
  • Dircules wrote: »
    Again people? @Kabam Miike said they tested it extensively and even delayed AM to make sure it all works. Testing boss mechanics of new content is #1 prio on any release so rest assured this is exactly as intended since no paid software tester would miss this scenario.

Because sarcasm gets the issue resolved. And of course somewhere out there Kabam has, I guess, claimed to be perfect. They had enough on their plate. So they missed a simple enough bug. If we act like adults and report in the proper manner, it will get resolved far faster than making snide remarks in a thread about a potential bug.

That said, yes, my Alliance experienced this as well and we were running higher than diff 1. We were still able to beat him with work. To reiterate, during phase 3, Megatron had both melee and ranged resist going at same time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2017
    If this prevents any alliances from beating Megs, Kabam gonna have to do something about it again...
  • Hmm. Maybe. Did you guys use Wasp? Idk if his debuff would actually affect the damage a bot with "protection" would end up receiving. I would think if it did, armor break should be just as effective.
  • This isn’t right it’s supposed to cycle every 10 seconds. At dif 5 it would take 11000 hits to take him down to phase 2
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    In ours our bg (mine) cycled fine I was the second to fight him. Second BG got to him and it locked up. As cbaum says. Third bg seemed okay. @Bubian where you the second or first to fight Megs? Wondering if that may be a contributing factor to it.

I know it sounds stupid but that may be the case.
  • Hey all,

The team is aware and looking for a fix right now. Thank you all for reporting it, and we are working to address this as soon as we can.
  • Hey all,

The team is aware and looking for a fix right now. Thank you all for reporting it, and we are working to address this as soon as we can.

What about all the revives and repairs we've all wasted?
  • Thanks Mike!
  • edited December 2017
    Greetings Commanders!

Kabam Karma, here. I'm one of the devs that worked on the new Alliance Mission map, so I'd like to apologize for the issue that some of you have experienced with Megatron. After investigating, we found that there were actually 2 parts the buff that were not working as intended:

The first issue was reported by users during Phase 3 of the Evolved Power buff.

Phase 3: Between 50% - 25% Health, every 10 seconds, cycle through Protection from Melee and Ranged Attacks.

Issue: This buff, in some cases, was granting BOTH melee and ranged protection simultaneously. This did not occur 100% of the time, but for those affected, phase 3 became almost impossible to complete.

Fix: We've made sure that both resistances are toggling on and off properly. Make sure you're switching up your attack strategy depending on which resistance he has up!

The second issue we found was that Phase 5 of the Evolved Power buff was not functioning correctly.
    Phase 5: When dropped to 0% Health, become Enraged for 6 seconds. While Enraged, Attack is increased by 300%, become Unstoppable, and have Protection from Attacks.

Issue: At 0% HP, instead of becoming Enraged, Megatron kind of just... Drops dead. This made the encounter a bit anticlimactic.

Fix: We've made sure Megatron doesn't disappoint with his last hurrah. When he gets low, make sure you're prepared as he could pop off at any moment.

**Side note: If you are defeated during Megatron's final phase, he will NOT regenerate back into Phase 4, but you WILL have to deal with his Phase 5 again on your next attempt.

These fixes have already been applied to the live game, but just to be 100% sure you have all the right data, please make sure you restart your game before the final Megatron encounter. If you have logged in after reading this forum post, you will be fine!

In regards to player compensation, I will talk to the team about that on Monday and we will make sure that everyone that may have been affected receives fair compensation.

Thank you for bearing with us on these issues. I hope everyone is enjoying the new challenges in Map 3 and I look forward to hearing everybody's feedback!
  • cbaum2cbaum2 Posts: 12
    Thanks for the fix