Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Feedback on Dec Expert Spotlight 1.1

Only ran the first mission so far, but extremely disappointed. For the last few months, I feel that you've done s good job of making some creative and challenging encounters via things like the focus power mods, timed attack/resistance/power gain mods, etc.
But to make a repair mod that requires a timed melee hit is terrible. There is skill in trying to avoid bots. There is skill in trying to avoid attacking bots using one of your attacks (no ranged, no melee, no heavies, etc). There is skill in having to nullify cycling attack buffs.
There is NO skill in trying to charge in like an idiot, because you have a team with ranged heavies and an AI bot that is just turtling until the IWIN button kicks in.
Make more encounters based on skill.
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2017
    Hmmm.. while it is a bit of a long fight, I didn't have much problem with it.

I took this approach... Think of that as a max Sig repair module, except that you can actually stop it from functioning.

Stop looking at the life bar of your opponent. It will only frustrate you and take you off your game.

Just fight your fight, and you'll take it down eventually. Don't expect it be a quick battle.

Thats the best advice I can give you on how to approach it. And since you know you need to melee to stop it, don't bring a team of all ranged attackers when you are running that lane, man... You're not helping yourself at all.

That's like wearing a blindfold while driving and blaming the inevitable crash on the telephone pole.

Sometimes you have to ignore class advantage and use the best bot for the job.
  • This while update so far has been one been clusterduck of increased difficulty across the board. This game is starting to remind me of why I left MCuck, it became too gimmicky and the overuse of these mods is turning this game into a 2.5D MCuck
  • KingOfPain wrote: »
    Only ran the first mission so far, but extremely disappointed. For the last few months, I feel that you've done s good job of making some creative and challenging encounters via things like the focus power mods, timed attack/resistance/power gain mods, etc.
    But to make a repair mod that requires a timed melee hit is terrible. There is skill in trying to avoid bots. There is skill in trying to avoid attacking bots using one of your attacks (no ranged, no melee, no heavies, etc). There is skill in having to nullify cycling attack buffs.
    There is NO skill in trying to charge in like an idiot, because you have a team with ranged heavies and an AI bot that is just turtling until the IWIN button kicks in.
    Make more encounters based on skill.

Thanks for the feedback, KingOfPain. The intent of the buffs we select is never to frustrate users, but to influence the bots they select and the strategies they utilize in combat. While Manthro provided some good insight into how you could approach an encounter like this, we'll take your feedback into account when designing future special missions :)