Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Beta Arena Bracket

So, I understand why you have two different arena brackets -- it is unfair to pit all the new players against people who have full rosters fully leveled...

However, it is completely unfair that the rewards are so low on the beta bracket arena. Not only do I have to sit and watch as one of the champs I want most goes thru arena without me having a shot (much thanks to my beta participation, right?), but it makes the game less fun and enjoyable.

So is that the goal of the design team, Mike? Do you guys hope to make the game less enjoyable for your beta players? We already had to grind our faces off in beta with reduced rewards. How much longer do we have to put up with this?

Comments

• Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    For those unaware what I'm talking about, beta bracket only awards the featured champion to the top person. Regular player bracket is top 5 in 4*, top 50 in 3*.

6w6nc1wg5g0m.png

mf3y8d6usd2j.png
  • Options
    KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    Damn! Top 1? I thought the top 5 was insanely cheap on its own. Didn't CoC award the top like 400?

Are we to assume there are a lot more brackets for this game? Or is this some sort of week 1 trial?
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    This is the beta bracket, same as we have had for past 4-5 months small player pool means small payout pool sadly
  • Options
    Oh no. Is this how this works. I quit a game recently that had ridiclous payout like that recently.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Beta will be intermingled with regular in a few weeks and will have slightly better payouts but that date is up to how fast people catch up ect
  • Options
    FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    For the most part there is only around 600 people even playing in the beta brackets. Its one of those catch 22's of playing beta do you accept this short term ordeal to keep what you have or do you start over. Me I choose to accept it because the loss would far out weight the gain of a few bots that I already have or would have no real use for right now anyways.
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    This is the beta bracket, same as we have had for past 4-5 months small player pool means small payout pool sadly

Sure, but that doesn't mean its not crap. I can live with the 4* being the top person with a smaller player pool, but I find it extremely hard to believe that the beta player pool is 50 times smaller than the new players bracket. The 3* bracket specifically is a slap in the face.
    Farkas wrote: »
    For the most part there is only around 600 people even playing in the beta brackets. Its one of those catch 22's of playing beta do you accept this short term ordeal to keep what you have or do you start over. Me I choose to accept it because the loss would far out weight the gain of a few bots that I already have or would have no real use for right now anyways.

Honestly I'm mostly talking about 3* arena. I understand them not wanting to load up the beta players with a bunch of 4*s. But for players like you and mustang who have mostly everyone 3* anyways, it wouldn't really impact anything because you're just awakening a 3* probably at best, doubtful a new champ. For someone like me who wasn't in beta near as long, it wouldn't really put me far ahead of the new players, but reward me for grinding out arena.

Anyways -- I get it. More than anything, this is meant to be a plea for Kabam to hopefully start pushing them in the direction of balancing it out. If they plan on leaving it with the same beta rewards up until they finally intermingle the brackets, that's going to be extremely disappointing.
  • Options
    I hate to say it but expect to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Farkas wrote: »
    I hate to say it but expect to be disappointed.

Of course... plenty familiar with Kabam. But my hope is to appeal to what seems to be a desire to better their reputation with this game. So far it seems they have been trying to actually take player concerns in to account and make changes and adjustments.

If it was mcoc, I wouldn't even be wasting my breath.
  • Options
    You have an option to get in those better brackets, restart. This is the cost of us being allowed to keep our beta progress. You have a choice in the matter.
  • Options
    I also have an option to quit the game or paint my walls blue. That has nothing to do with lobbying for change. There's nothing wrong with me pointing out something that could be better executed.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Quit complaining about something that will happen in a week or two.
    Have some patience or simply make a new account.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Guys -- I'm entitled to my opinion. Not sure why you guys feel the need to defend Kabam. I'm not throwing a childish fit. I stated my position and I've responded to a couple of the counter-points.

I don't get why you think you have the right to tell me I can't voice my opinion either. You are acting like Kabam is right and no one should question them.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    They are right.

You create the game?

You a developer?

No. They gave their own plans otherwise the game would move too fast.