Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam, a quick question...

Which universe (e.g. Movies, Beast Wars, etc) of the Transformers in the game is classified as the mainstream continuity here? My guess is Optimus Prime and his crew aboard the Ark crash landing on New Quintessa. But would they be G1? Their character models seem to share more of a Combiner Wars vibe, which is essentially G1 but not entirely.

Just curious, as I don’t know what to make of it.

Comments

• I don't think the actual universe that New Quintessa occupies has been established. From what I've gathered, all the bots have been pulled there from their own reality. This is most evident with CW Megatron finally having arrived.

As New Quintessa was created? found? by post '86 movie Quintessons, it is possible it exists somwhere around that timeline but...who knows.

As for the bot designs, Kabam does not currently have the rights to G1 models. They are currently held by Takara-Tomy. So we get Combiner Wars instead which is a more modern take on the G1 line.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You can compare it to a pocket universe like in Funpub's BotCon creations. This is one of the 15,962,782 universal streams observed by the TransTech.
  • You can compare it to a pocket universe like in Funpub's BotCon creations. This is one of the 15,962,782 universal streams observed by the TransTech.

Hmm... that’s a good way of putting it. So, are you saying that Optimus and crew aren’t considered our mainstream characters? Or are these are just random visitors from another universe that the story happens to be focusing on?
  • Story definitely seems to be centered around the G1 inspired characters to me. But I’m biased
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You can compare it to a pocket universe like in Funpub's BotCon creations. This is one of the 15,962,782 universal streams observed by the TransTech.

Hmm... that’s a good way of putting it. So, are you saying that Optimus and crew aren’t considered our mainstream characters? Or are these are just random visitors from another universe that the story happens to be focusing on?

In fact, to each universe its own set of characters. There exist universes where two "Optimus Prime"s can coexist, and TFTF just follows this idea. The story is heavily G1 based but that can be a result of the movieverse being too young to hold G1.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

So, Forged to Fight’s ‘G1’ universe would be classified as Primax 017.05 Kappa?