Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

My personal review of Sanctum map

124»

Comments

• c7s79oz9b50v.png
    This is just one example of how op these mods are. Kabam tell us how to keep track of 8-10 mods while fighting against already tough bots.

• DaveJL wrote: »
    @kabam karma chameleon, maybe do what they did in MCoC after Kabam completely screwed up with v12.0 and implement small focus groups for the changes.

I know the player base is relatively small still, but perhaps if you consult with the players and allow a few to try the content before you release it, you can get preemptive feedback before mistakes are made? I know you have a testing team and devs etc but lets be honest - their views and opinions are clearly not aligned or suited to the average player if you get so many strong views like this about various things

Hey DaveJL. That would definitely be an ideal scenario, however, setting up a beta program is a lot of work, both for our engineers and for someone to coordinate players and dev work. Because of the scale of Marvel, they're able to pull it off.

What I can do in the future is try to get ahead of the game to post previews of upcoming content and features before we release them. Is that something you guys would be interested in?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »
    @kabam karma chameleon, maybe do what they did in MCoC after Kabam completely screwed up with v12.0 and implement small focus groups for the changes.

I know the player base is relatively small still, but perhaps if you consult with the players and allow a few to try the content before you release it, you can get preemptive feedback before mistakes are made? I know you have a testing team and devs etc but lets be honest - their views and opinions are clearly not aligned or suited to the average player if you get so many strong views like this about various things

Hey DaveJL. That would definitely be an ideal scenario, however, setting up a beta program is a lot of work, both for our engineers and for someone to coordinate players and dev work. Because of the scale of Marvel, they're able to pull it off.

What I can do in the future is try to get ahead of the game to post previews of upcoming content and features before we release them. Is that something you guys would be interested in?

Yes

• Hey All! We got some good news and we got some bad news.

The good news is, the team has come together and we have a plan in place. We're really excited about the changes we're making and we think you're going to like them.

The bad news is, we still need time to test all of the changes we're making before we publish all the details for you on the forums. Please bear with us! We will be testing all the changes tomorrow morning and we want to get you guys the specifics around noon (PST). Our goal is for these changes to take effect for the next Alliance Mission event which starts Thursday morning!
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Please nerf Soundwave's mods on left side (miniboss 1).. without windblade any scouts will have trouble handling him. My Prowl died so easy after several heavy hits by him + his SP3 . That mod allows him to reach SP3 in no time, and the fact that each time he blocks he reflects all range attacks 100% making it incredibly hard to go near him.
  • I thought Map 3 was created due to supposedly so many alliances maxing out or coming near lvl 100 of shatterlands? The new map hasn’t scaled at all compared to where it cuts off at lvl 65 map 2. Bots are twice as hard with half the rewards. Maybe 5 alliances were over lvl 90 (I’m just guessing), but I know alliances that averaged 7-10 in AM ranking were not in the 90’s. High 80’s to low 80’s. My alliance averaged 7-10 and never once touched lvl 90. You place 5 or 6 paths in shatterlands and you’ll quickly see those lvls drop also. So basically map 3 was created for a few alliances and even they basically hate it. While it’s been mentioned and already shot down..... having a beta test group would of probably caught 95% of those problems in the new map. Not to mention all the glitches they could of caught from past updates.

The whole concept of 6 lanes “promotes more team building” has me completely confused. Alliances are now forced to fight at what lvl the weakest player can handle instead of what the average player in the alliance can handle. So it’s either completely rework alliances (swap in new stronger players) or just deal with running crap lvls till everyone catches up. What’s really going to happen is the top players will soon join together to make a very top heavy alliance thus putting even more of a gap better the top players and everyone else.

• JagerPrime wrote: »
    What’s really going to happen is the top players will soon join together to make a very top heavy alliance thus putting even more of a gap better the top players and everyone else.

That was months ago. Where were you?
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    While reviewing the rewards for map 3, could the milestones also be reviewed? We've had several major updates to the game but the milestones haven't been updated.

A one time weekly milestone with 100 t1a really don't make sense when we can get 500-2000 per day from raids.

I think refreshing milestones to be relevant and meaningful will help with competitiveness outside of the top %. You have the exact data that shows how outside of the top there's very little effort or pushing with the majority of alliances low balling what they could really do.

The difficulty required to get milestone 9,10,11 to get 600 t1a doesn't justify that reward.

People like to have clear goals and to choose their own pace (milestones) not just pushing for rank rewards.

I'd also like to see better support for rank rewards outside of the top % and a lower threshold so more have access to rank rewards. A rank of 51-100% shouldn't be leaderboard 150.

It's not encouraging people to try and compete.
  • KingOfPain wrote: »
    That was months ago. Where were you?

Yea that kind of did happen months ago but with map 3 they can push that way beyond what most can catch up. At least some alliance were catching up with shatterlands.
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    Thank you for the update Karma. Looking forward to your post tomorrow.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842

Hey All! We got some good news and we got some bad news.

The good news is, the team has come together and we have a plan in place. We're really excited about the changes we're making and we think you're going to like them.

The bad news is, we still need time to test all of the changes we're making before we publish all the details for you on the forums. Please bear with us! We will be testing all the changes tomorrow morning and we want to get you guys the specifics around noon (PST). Our goal is for these changes to take effect for the next Alliance Mission event which starts Thursday morning!

Really? One morning of testing? I’m getting to the point where any new update that doesn’t introduce new bugs is a miracle already.

Why don’t you open up Map 2 D66-100 so alliances that find Map 3 too hard can go back and work their way through Map 2? Then fix Map 3 and give better rewards for Map 3 so people will want to do Map 3 instead of being forced to do so like right now.

Meanwhile please also work on the lags and backstep/ sidestepping bugs cos those make the game unplayable. Thank you.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Karma, you guys always say you think we are going to love them - you never say “we have some changes we are excited about but we think you guys will hate them”, however, the problems keep happening.
    List the proposed changes for us to see and read and get feedback first.
  • @Kabam Karma Thanks for staying active in this topic. I understand you guys are reworking Map 3 already, but I want to share a couple thoughts about it yet...

I actually appreciate the map, but in the same way I do the Expert level special missions. It adds another interesting level to the gameplay and planning. But also like the Expert missions, the number of players that can enjoy it completely is incredibly limited.

As others have said, the new map forces you to play down to the level of your lowest player instead of the entire alliance playing to its average. And again, if a single player can't be on for whatever reason, the whole alliance is screwed.

So I don't think it's a big deal to keep this map close to 'as is' for the top dogs, but all the other players who are sick. to. death. of Map 2 still need some kind of bone thrown to them.

A potential fix...

Let each Battle Group choose their own map and difficulty, and then add up the scores at the end to determine rewards. I'd love to play this new map for awhile, (and I know at least half my alliance could commit to it as well), but sadly my alliance as a whole can't swing it, and in the current system it's all or nothing.

This wouldn't be a big deal if there was more variety in the AM maps, but as it stands now that leaves us one map to explore... ad nauseum. Again, I think having a 6-path map that requires everyone in a Battle Group to play as equals is just fine, but it's unrealistic to expect the entire alliance to do the same... And it's extremely frustrating and mind-numbing to have to go back to Map 2, which we've all played hundreds of times because of that.
  • I guess the damage has been done already. We were running 66 on map 2, we transitioned over to Map 3 11. We ended up moving up 10 ranks and finishing 30th.

I guess that leaves a little over 500 players that did a tougher difficulty. That being said I had to leave my alliance because I couldn't take this map. One single mistake and I got my Ironhide slammed by a T2 special from the Ironhide that hates fire. I lost the rest of my team down the path. Had to spend 10 dollars in real money to not let down 17 other people. Or else two whole paths wouldn't get finished and links wouldn't come down.

I will no longer spend money on this game. The compensation from the shard was a t2 team revive. Pitiful. Raid dailies are worth more of anyone's time than these AM. Alliance chat seems overwhelmingly disappointed. I guess any changes you make will unfortunately be too late because I will have to find a lower guild today so I can be replaced.

Speaking of changes last Thursday through Friday were a nightmare. It was disorganized and chaos. The compensation was terrible. Just for the record, other companies had a 1 hour outage, they gave every customer 50 dollars worth of what would be credits in your game. I would have rather you gave us the credit value for the items you gave so I could have chosen something relevant to me. Maybe it would have taken the sting out of the items I had to use in AM because you tuned it for the ideal teams, not what people actually have in their boxes.
  • @kabam karama
    Thankyou so so much for showing so much interest to players difficulty.
    Its not easy to address each and every complaint/problem.
    But you sir did are doing very great job .

It was supposed to happen.

fighting against no mod bots easy stuff and now all sudden “man i just kept beating him he just denies to die ” .
    Putting a mod make a (bot )x( mods) times stronger from normal cause now damage u get is from both mod and bot .
    Just think about it a fight which used to lasting 3 mins ends in less then 30 sec .

And Randomizer which can stack 10+ mods can’t even imagine to fight.

SW with double reflection.

Saying gently: Alliance are not formed with what bots u have they form with how much skill u got ! Right?

And I do loved new map-3 some paths are too easy some too hard , if that can balance then all good .
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    My alliance has adapted to the new map quit well, we were easily top 10 and got item use down to almost zero ( day 1 was a mess... I think we all suffered that day... ). I still don't know how well people are going to stick around with the added pressure of always having to complete every single lane. Time will tell I guess...

But the lower level alliance I came from got absolutely slaughtered after these changes... Not in terms of their performance on Map 3... But after. They lost 5 members that outright quit. I think this is a sign of things to come... The top 10-20 tier alliances will adapt and eventually thrive once the rewards aren't complete crap...

But the alliances that we're doing level 60-75/80 on map 2... They are suffering attrition like mad right now. With 6paths I don't see this stopping anytime soon. The have/have not divide is going to get even worse.
  • Serapth wrote: »
    My alliance has adapted to the new map quit well, we were easily top 10 and got item use down to almost zero ( day 1 was a mess... I think we all suffered that day... ). I still don't know how well people are going to stick around with the added pressure of always having to complete every single lane. Time will tell I guess...

But the lower level alliance I came from got absolutely slaughtered after these changes... Not in terms of their performance on Map 3... But after. They lost 5 members that outright quit. I think this is a sign of things to come... The top 10-20 tier alliances will adapt and eventually thrive once the rewards aren't complete crap...

But the alliances that we're doing level 60-75/80 on map 2... They are suffering attrition like mad right now. With 6paths I don't see this stopping anytime soon. The have/have not divide is going to get even worse.

I am not sure Kabam cares as long as the whales keep opening their purse.

• Yes, we are definitely going to review Map 2 cutoff as well

Have you had time to review this yet?
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    what about soundwave not getting his energy 2x fighting on attack barrier?