Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mike, vets, your insight please

So I've been playing this game since launch week. I broke my.phone in June and took a two and a half month hiatus since my replacement phone wasn't compatible with the game anymore(I believe an update made 1gb phones unable to run it or something).

My time to grind varies, but to give an idea, last month I earned 33,000 dinobot chips (well 32,900, I have 7900 left over) and i currently have 7000 meg chips. I've got 19 3* bots, four of which are r4, three of which are waiting class spark or gold for r4. So, I constantly have an influx of 2* dups(my 2* ratchets Sig is level 93 ). I bounce between spotlight, am, raids and arenas accordingly for featured bot chips. But I have an issue.

My issue is this.. after 6+ months.. I still have not gotten a 4* bot. It seems impossible to acquire the amount of chips for 4* feature bot. The crystal drop rates for even 3* are ridiculous and low(I dropped 1200 energon for the month last month on dinobot crystal.. all 2* dups) . This wouldn't seem to be big deal to some, but it leaves me struggling in areas that would actually make it easier to acquire more 4* to the roster(with due grinding of coarse). So I guess what I'm asking is simply this; how should I manage my time to acquire a 4* bot eventually? Im at a point in the game I need bots of 1800+ to really make playing anymore worth it. Leveling maxed 3* bots via forge has grinded the game to a halt for me. Like it's disheartening knowing that my maxed 3* bots will be around 1350, making it damn near impossible to even complete one expert spotlight . . Making finishing hard spotlight (finally missions) daunting. Making me a weaker link among players in an AM where everyone brought to a roster w 1800 bots and I'm maxed out over here w 1300 bots. Theres got to be a sure fire way to eventually earn me one. I have four kids and still squeeze time to play as much as possible. Where best do i focus my time that I do have?

Comments

• KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    I feel your pain. It's a super Grindy game with lots of RNG. The good news is that the days of praying for luck are gone (though a little luck would be nice right?)

Anyways, there are a few spots where you really need to focus. First, the Crystal Arenas. They run 4-5 times a month and provide a consistent source of 4* crystal shards. Shoot for 350k or higher and you should land those shards. As your bots get ranked up and your collection grows you'll soon start scoring more in those arenas and getting more shards each time. Once you get a 4* and rank it up you'll again score more points Andy complete additional content.

Finally, 100k chips does seem like a lot. If your able to commit to scoring 320k points in all 10 feature bot arenas then you have a real shot. You'll also need to commit to doing a ton of raids during the 3rd week. Lastly, you'll want to save up a bunch of crystals. Unless your willing to spend (not recommended) you'll need to horde your crystals for a while before you really try for a 4*. I would aim for enough crystals to pull in 20k or more chips. This means you'll need to get a lot of 3* dupes and even more 2* dupes. And the more you save up, the easier it will be to hit 100k chips. My suggestion is to give this month a shot and see how many chips you can get, but save all your crystals. Save your energon as well, or buy feature crystals to save. If you get to 50k chips then you know you'll need at least 50k from crystals. As you save your chip production will grow and in a couple months you should be ready.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited December 2017
    If you specifically want to get 4 stars and not depend on crystal luck, then you want to grind hardcore on the two crystal arenas that come around every two weeks. Try and score above a million if not more (or whatever your 6 arena teams allow you to get).

Also, if you want stronger 3*s as you've listed them at 1300 Pi, start max forging them with all those 2*s. Maxed Forged should be in the 1500-1600 range depending on mastery setup, relics, sig, etc
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    finish the hard spotlight, even if it is daunting - 2 months later you’ll have a 4* crystal for sure.
    Also, watch out for the things in the raid store. Sometimes there is good stuff in there!
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Score over a million o_O

That's a lot of grinding , holy crap
    My highest arena(and I was in my phone all day outside of work) is like 280,000-300,000
  • KOBRA wrote: »
    Shoot for 350k or higher and you should land those shards.

I'm assuming you mean 4* shards? And what region are you in, because I want to play there. I had 750k+ in the last crystal shard arena and only got in the 5-7% rank, so 400 4* shards.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    KOBRA wrote: »

I'm assuming you mean 4* shards? And what region are you in, because I want to play there. I had 750k+ in the last crystal shard arena and only got in the 5-7% rank, so 400 4* shards.

450k will only get you 8-12% which is 200 shards, do that twice when it's run and you'll get 400 shards. Pretty lame because the old system 650k in milestones gave 1000 shards plus rank rewards. Not particularly interested in or motivated to put in more effort for 60% less rewards.
  • This 4str bot for 100k chips is the best thing happened in last few months. I never got a featured 4str out of pbcs. And now i can get it with no spending at all. If u are a daily active player and in a decent alliance. I don't think it is super hard to hit 100k.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Drop $30 and but the crystal bundle they're offering today for Christmas...it's a good deal seeing as how a guaranteed 4* would've cost $100 a couple of months ago.
  • I'd definitely consider buying the 4* in the energon store today, especially if you don't have one at all. The first one is really the hardest to get. Once you've got one, you'll find they become easier and easier. This type of deal is also very rare, as you no doubt know
  • KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    KOBRA wrote: »

Yeah, that's about right. 350K should land in the 8-12% range for 200 4* shards. At that rate he'll grind out a 4* crystal in two months. I usually put up 900-950K and get 3-5% for 650 shards.
    Damn I played all day yesterday and got just shy of 300,000...

Also, I haven't gotten my rank rewards for yesterday's Megatron bounty yet...... Anyone else having this problem?
  • Rewards can take several hours to show up. You just have to be patient.
    It was just later than usual is all.