Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

If you're going to do this then...

Dear Kabam,

Your current crystal system lacks sense to me. It is extremely difficult to get a 3 or 4 star from your premium crystals, but that isn't what gets me. What get me is that we have yet to have available a full roster in the 2 star bot and 1 star. I don't know about other people but my 1 star roster seems to rotate between the same 6 characters, and my two star does the same (with more characters of course). If you're going to continue to have a low success rate with the premium crystal when it comes to getting three or four star bots; then why not provide a full updated roster so that we can take our bots to the max forge level, especially the new ones. Is it that difficult to add them to the roster or will it take up too much memory? I feel I'm not the only one with this aggravation, and if you (Kabam) read this please comment. I'm really curious to find out why.
Tagged:

Comments

• What do you mean by “full roster” in reference to 1* and 2* bots? One of each class, or one of every bot in the game? I’m guessing you mean one of every bot, but I just want to be sure.

I always figured (but I’m not 100% certain) that some bots just don’t exist at all star levels. There’s currently no 4* Bumblebee, for example, so it does happen. I don’t know the reason why.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    redshift9 wrote: »
    What do you mean by “full roster” in reference to 1* and 2* bots? One of each class, or one of every bot in the game? I’m guessing you mean one of every bot, but I just want to be sure.

I always figured (but I’m not 100% certain) that some bots just don’t exist at all star levels. There’s currently no 4* Bumblebee, for example, so it does happen. I don’t know the reason why.

That is what he means. Some characters are available at 4 and 3* that aren’t available as 2* that aren’t available as a 1*. He wants all characters available at all levels of rarity and I agree somewhat, because it does hinder forging.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2017
    Yeah I remember being very frustrated with that when I was still early in the game. There's no 2 star versions of LOTS of bots that have been released over 6 months ago in 3 star and 4 star crystals. For those looking to max forge their 3 star bots, this is incredibly annoying, because the best you can do is 75/100.

I don't know why Kabam is holding back on adding these to PBC's and 2 star crystals.
  • I noticed the 2 star cast is almost entirely composed of the base game characters. This is most likely a strategy to promote early spending as players preferring to keep it simple with 2 star bots will never get the new bots.
  • They did that on purpose (at first anyway) so that there was actually a point for raiding (used to give you the new 2*s). They stopped doing that, I'd imagine at some point (eventually) will have forge awakening items...

In the meantime if it doesn't overly trigger your OCD (bothers my inner OCD a little too), the max forge you really want eventually will be 4* and not 3*, so it really wouldn't matter other than said inner completionist. Eventually.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Pre-"monthly featured", there's no 1* and 2* Soundwave, Prowl, Hot Rod, Ramjet, UM. Post-monthly featured, the featured bot won't receive 1* and 2* version.
    1* pool has been reduced to 6 bots, I suspect it's because they cooldown too quickly in Arenas.
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    I would agree to that but I don't think people will be holding on to their one star bots simply for the arenas. On my behalf it's more about getting the max out of all bots. Not to mention that when you open daily crystals the majority of the bots you get are one stars and to top it off they double up at times. In the end I just can't come to terms as to why they won't bring out the one and two star versions of all bots.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sorry I was talking about the time when there was 3* Arena and Arena Chips.

You know, any 3:0 win will have the same outcome in terms of gold and Arena Chips. So if you're not aiming at the top 5 or milestones but instead, are interested in getting Gold quickly, you can rely on a big roster of 1* bots. To restrict the gold production (which is controversial all through the previous months), reducing the 1* pool and removing the 3* Arena ... was a good start.
  • Less 2strs are better in my opinion. Because u have more chances to dupe them and when u forge high sig bot you get more 3str shards.
    Just my opinion tho.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited December 2017
    @arces the bots available are listed in the 411 bot list; pasting it here for convenience. 1 & 2 * bots are mostly not available, so it's not your imagination. Some have been available, but you can't get them anymore, most were never made available

efxmb9abz5x6.png
  • @Trailfire there was 2* Grimlock like megatron and hot rod, the bot chip collected during raid.
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    I have a few 2* not on that list.

Starscream
    Grimlock (as mentioned above)
    Shockwave