Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Insane Motormaster AI

This might be yet another issue only I'm unlucky enough to have but is anyone else running into impossibly aggressive Motormasters? I mean, he was always overpowered as heck but now, he's un-avoidable. His former counter was dodging his unstoppable charge in by dodging to the side, but now he's so fast that he can attack again before the dodge even ends much less landing a counter hit. I tested this with mine and the same results do not occur, so it seems strictly AI based.

I've gone from flawlessly punching him down with pillow fisted Shockwave to losing my G1 prime to him 4 times today. Something's clearly not right. Even the chump level medium mode Motormaster boss took a large chunk out of my G1 Prime when I left them on auto fight. I'm aware many bots are given more powerful AIs to give them an advantage like Galvatron and Dinobot, but Motormaster did not need such an upgrade. Is this occurring for anyone else or just to me again?

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    It's been happening to me since the August update, all you can do is keep back-stepping until his combo is done and hope he doesn't activate a point blank dash into another one. With a relentless assault mod, well...revives are available in the store!
  • I backstep his first unstoppable dash and pray lag is not bad and I can tag him with my own dash in and combo.

He’s also prone to using his first special if you range and bait charge then block. You eat the chip but it opens him up for full combo.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Ram, corner, heavy. Repeat these steps until the Commander is dead. Well done you are now a cheap motormaster
  • @Mallowman

I've tried ways to avoid his Special 1 but it's zeroed down to mostly luck since he throws it at all the right times for him. Since it takes me 2 backsteps to escape his massive melee range, that second dodge makes it impossible to avoid his special if he predicts the inevitable. It's normally not hard to evade if he's not swinging at me wildly before throwing it out mid combo.

Jumping back sometimes works but it's rarely a carefully planned move since Motormaster's overaggressive behavior keeps you walled off 90% of the fight. Getting off the wall can be done by sidestepping 3 times or jumping back 2 times if you're at an angle. Unfortunately, both of these are countered by either a standard melee frenzy or special 1 leaving no real way to escape.

Raids have been hard with him since Motormasters with Exo filters prefer to cower at a distance and only go berserk when their unstoppable kicks in or is about to, and then repeat the cycle.
  • @KittenPrime

Story of my every fight with this guy. xD
    He's always been the hardest bot to get a perfect fight against, but recently, he's really received an AI boost. I fought him in an arena fight as a rank 4 and nearly lost, while I got both perfects against the other two maxed out 4 stars. After two separate occasions of that same result, I concluded that something had drastically changed.
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    Motormaster is doing insane attack. Makes very hard to win.
  • I block a lot. That's the only way I find that I can beat him.
  • @Drake6401

I need to use Dinobot more but his blocking debuff is likely a good foil for his charging in too

I’ll have megatron this week so I’ll try him out too
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Mixmaster is also Motormaster kryptonite. If you can master his concussive block, you can get two free hits in, stop him dead in his tracks and combo into him all in one go every time.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Starscream is great against him, especially when motomasters signature is active, Ultra Magnus is second at taking on those unstoppables, to side step a melee attack you have to have perfect timing, you can’t do it before the swing you have to do it mid swing to avoid that hit then just back step as many times is needed, remember you can back step attacks and heavy charges if your back is to the wall, as for his sp1 it is possible to side step it after a back step or just block the first wave and sidestep the next one, to avoid those unstoppables as well, just stay close to him with a good evade bot, the best one is Bee, but currently we have no 4 star version, so for those lower tier fights you have a go to bot.
    Motormaster has always been a pain, and he still is after his nerf, but because of that nerf he can be popped right after his first unstoppable swing if you avoid it, your just going to have to practice when you get the chance.
  • @MaxBebop
    Starscream does put a lot of damage on him and shuts down his unstoppable. I only have a 3 star though and I use it in alliance missions so I very rarely have the two meet.

I'm no stranger to fighting Motormaster and often got out of fights with him with very little damage if any. Just recently has he gotten ridiculously difficult to the point that most of his previous counters are worthless. He himself hasn't been buffed but the complexity of the AI has been enhanced several times over. He dodges mid attack, jumps out of combos and flat out predicts even the most unlikely of strategies. He can relentlessly flailed around then somehow get out of any counter attack in an instant. I can't backstep his heavy anymore either.

If I were to chose a nerf on Motormaster other than fixing his AI it would be less HP by about 15 through 20%. If he's going to be able to inflict that much damage within seconds, then he should have his ability to receive it decreased. Glass cannon sort of deal.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Got this video from a friend, hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CmCT1JAh5c
  • @KillMasterC

Feels a lot like my recent fights with him. Getting a perfect on that guy just isn't on the plausible list. I use the same style just not always such positive outcome. Man, Prime melted him at that last part. Those armor breaks really add up.
  • I had perfect fights against him in AM twice this week. The other two weren't perfect, but good enough. I've been fighting him in AM every day for about 3 months and I haven't noticed any difference in his behaviour. I think you're technique is off, especially if you avoid his sp1 which is much easier to dodge than his 2

He's not the easiest bot, but if you pay attention to his patterns and how he responds to you, you'll be fine
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Aiming a perfect against that miniboss is too much to expect I'm afraid. It's not about skills but 'error rate vs. fighting time'. Without those mods, some may come out with 0 or low damage. But as the fight wears on, your chance of being cornered/shot/unstoppabled increases. Winning him perfectly in 1 minute doesn't mean you can crush an ROK copy with 0 damage.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    the secret to beating MTM is dodging successfully when he dashes forward with unstoppable and able to counter back.

an awakened MTM is the most annoying bot in the game. At low hp he deals massive damage. Need to kill him off ASAP that time and not dying in the process. Devs can't nerf this else it will affect ALL players that have MTM in their roster. However, in AM they could help by reducing his awakened level so that it doesn't proc so much damage when he's low on hp.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    They already reduced his sig by 50 levels to make him weaker late in fight but he’s a strong bot in right situations