Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The New Players are Forever Noobs and the Old Player are Forever Kings

Shadowind_Prime13Shadowind_Prime13 Posts: 250
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
The title says it all, but maybe the 'forever' word is kinda too excessive? :D
So, all the updates only encourage the old players to push themselves to become a forever king, while the newbies or everyone says the 'noobs' are discouraged every updates. They couldn't catch up the huge progress of ours as an old players, I've known a low leveled player who is my friend, he says that the game progress is quite unwelcome for newbies and everytime he see the profile of ours, he became more and more dislike the game. The contents and the rewards are only benefits the old players, so please give them a chance to advance, please give them the balance, the 'noobs' today is a 'king' tomorrow.

Hope a moderator read this :)

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    grind more and spend more money.. making good tactical decisions in the process also.

that's how you advance fast and catch up to the old players.

if you do neither then you'll always be behind.

anyhow if you're a bit more casual but play the game everyday at least you'll still be somewhere. That's how the game goes.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So if I read this right your saying new players should be able to catch up to players that have a years time playing this under their belt?
    we were all new at one point and we all grinded and busted ass to get where we are. We all endured the slow grind to get there, if people get discouraged by not being able to catch up then mmo games aren’t what they should be playing.

This game prolly has one the most balanced dynamics I’ve seen for players being able to still be competitive even free to play. Paying helps people catch up but doesn’t really help the top end progression near as much
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I personally don't find it that aggressive. Different stage of progress, different fun factor. Veterans hit the ceiling already. Taking Arena as an example, while P2W players can have 29 4* roster, the maximum points one can score during 24 hours without spending energon to cooldown is calculable. They don't go up and up forever while new players can see the progress everyday, which is fun.

As for P2P interaction, the game offers little. You can't feel ashamed if failed at raiding a tough base because the matchmaking often places you where you belong. You can't feel aggravated if a top player crushes your base without sweating because they're high at the ladder and don't come across yours. More often, you're on your own. Unlike other games where you can feel how the P2W players slap on your face, this game is more a card game.

Don't get frustrated just because there are top players. Any running game has its own faithfuls. They either pay for the game's survival, or spread the word for the growth of player base. AND they suffered all the way from "100 T1A essence for 18000 chips" to crashes/bugs to conquering ROK to paying fortunes just to be at the top. New players have PBC shards flying all the week, down scaling T1A essences, cool deals like T3C, 4* crystals etc. I'm not going to say the game does nothing for new player to catch up, I'd say it offers a lot.
    yea progress at your own pace.. don't compare. That's how you have the most fun in the game.

Even at my level I can compare with those rank 1 players in AM and be disgruntled about it.. but I chose not to. They have spent a lot of resources to get there so they deserve to be in that spot.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I may have been too quick to imply anybody having hit the ceiling. The ceiling is full roster at R5 max forged and sig100. :D
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    I think there's a couple of things stunting progression. One is the thresholds for alliance event rank rewards and the other was the move to 7% rank for any meaningful rewards, like 4* shards in bounty. Without 4* bots they won't be able to earn enough points to get to 7% to get the shards. It will take 5 months for 8-12% to get 1 4* bot from arena. Any higher gets nothing. Prizes after 7% to 12% are terrible and not worth playing for.

Other areas of the game progression isn't too bad and the raid daily has opened up some options, but the new mod ranks have maybe made it too hard for their max 3* bots? I'm not sure, I only use 4* now.

I don't mind if it's easier for newer players to catch up. That's pretty normal in these games, you're paying and worked to have it early and gain access to content before others.

If it's easier for them to catch up then great, more competition and a more interesting game.

This is now the 3rd month of the new system with 4* feature bots, and my leaderboard position versus points scored is not changing at all across every area of the game that has rank rewards. There's just little to no growth in the game.
    edited December 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    I think there's a couple of things stunting progression. One is the thresholds for alliance event rank rewards and the other was the move to 7% rank for any meaningful rewards, like 4* shards in bounty. Without 4* bots they won't be able to earn enough points to get to 7% to get the shards. It will take 5 months for 8-12% to get 1 4* bot from arena. Any higher gets nothing. Prizes after 7% to 12% are terrible and not worth playing for.

Other areas of the game progression isn't too bad and the raid daily has opened up some options, but the new mod ranks have maybe made it too hard for their max 3* bots? I'm not sure, I only use 4* now.

I don't mind if it's easier for newer players to catch up. That's pretty normal in these games, you're paying and worked to have it early and gain access to content before others.

If it's easier for them to catch up then great, more competition and a more interesting game.

This is now the 3rd month of the new system with 4* feature bots, and my leaderboard position versus points scored is not changing at all across every area of the game that has rank rewards. There's just little to no growth in the game.

Next year 2018 I bet 5*s will be out in the game seeing where the game + its players are progressing and heading in the game. It is inevitable that it will go there to keep top players to keep spending $$ in the game, and continue to have interest in it.

4* mats and crystals will then be easier to obtain.. 5* being more powerful is something we can't avoid tho.. so that's when some players will complain the difficulty of getting them. The cycle will then start all over again lol.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Guys.. if you want to implement change in the game, don't just put up a rant thread every couple of days.

Identify what you feel the issue is, as in why you feel you can't progress at the rate you want, then suggest an actual solution to the problem that makes rational sense.

• Sure I've been around since launch but I don't consider myself and old or king player as this game only launched what back in what. April or May?

It's easier to progress now than what it was a launch, but it never seems like it's good enough for some.
    Sure I've been around since launch but I don't consider myself and old or king player as this game only launched what back in what. April or May?

It's easier to progress now than what it was a launch, but it never seems like it's good enough for some.

Exactly. Kabam already gave us 24 hours raid store items (some are really precious stuffs), and a free 4* bot if one is to play the game everyday. These are already a massive step forward. And now with Sanctum map further getting tuning means more are able to farm there for materials!
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m not a beta player but I’ve been playing since launch. It’s actually pretty easy to catch up with older players. As long as you build up 3 good bots it will help you greatly. These 3 bots can be used for raiding before and after AM to get the daily items, then use them for AM. When AM is off, you can use them for SM and should be able to explore at least chap 1 and 2 of expert SM. If you can build up to 6 bots, you’ll have 3 for AM, 3 to raid, and you can use 5 of them for expert SM when AM is off. Older players may have more R4 4* bots yes, but at the end of the day, you can only bring 3 for AM anyway. The goal post is not that far and very reachable.
  • Id say the only fair point to the op is the loss of milestones and instead of rankings for some arenas.

Ive made this point so far. Ive played for months and score in 5-7% im sure a noobs today lets say score 85% rewards. With milestones as the noob get better they can reach those milestones. However, with ranking even as his squad gets better and scores higher so will I. I dont see how a noob can ever get the high percentile and jump the veteran players.

Just let me say we all want to go back to milestones. Also there once was a time it took 18k raid chips for 100 alpha 1 essence. In every other possible way you have it much easier.
  • Shadowind_Prime13Shadowind_Prime13 Posts: 250
    edited December 2017
    I didn't mean that, I'm not that low or high player, just a little high, played since launch at my country, the strongest is 2 4* 3/30 and 1 3* 4/40, a total F2P player. So yeah, if you new in the game at THIS time you will see the boundaries is a bit hard to reach, as we old players got much advantage while we're still new because the game is still new like us at that moment...

Yeah, the update are and will be more pro old players. Like what @Davien says, if the 5 stars will be released, who will happy and who will moaning? Who will feel this is a new challenge to become a top dog and who will see it's too high too achieve and who will thinking to quit the game?

You can say that the newbies had their own pool, own boundaries, own business different from the experts, yeah that's true but the pool we had when we still newbies than the pool the newbies now had is not balanced after all.

This game should a little more new player friendly, they should give the same chance for newbies like the same chance for us when we're still new players. The game grow overtime with us, at first they offers easy and no high boundaries for new players, but later as the game and that new player that it is us grew, the game's new content made the boundaries for newbies now are higher.

TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight, we need a balance.