Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Just a thought on feat. Bot chips

So, some (as well as i in a way) feel the 1:1 gold transfer to be unfair for any extra chips. Others argue the opposite duping negates that gripe. I say, both are right. @Kabam Miike

I propose the following; that any extra feat bot chips be rolled over at a 2:1 ratio onto the next month's feat bot chips. It's simple really. You guys want to make duping and grinding increase, and feel shard exchange+dups is a bit too much for the player, then compromise. By having a 2:1 exchange you're not saying the effort for players that can only balance so much time into this and having grown up lives was a waste. Nor are you making it easier per say to acquire the following months bot. It will spur more grinding for the four star because players will have that boost of chips as well as confidence. They'll know if they don't quite make it this month and are just short, that will help them in the following month finally reach what feels like a gratifying reward to their effort.

For players who can reach that 100,000 milestone relatively quickly and/or consistently, this offers them a chance to grind for a 4* dup and with at least two months of effort invested, they can actually achieve it. Perfectionist players I imagine feel the compulsion to have a duped version of both 3* and 4*

Just my lil idea, hope it's worth some consideration
Tagged:

Comments

• RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    The opportunity * in place of "the opposite"
  • Thanks for the feedback! The reasoning behind the 1:1 gold conversion is that for all intents and purposes, after the event is over, those Chips are not meant to have a value.

They were originally meant to disappear completely, but we decided that we wanted to let something be done with them. Hence, the original chance to convert them to a few 4-Star or PBC Shards. Then we realized that some of you guys were very capable of getting lots more Chips, so we thought we would give you the ability to earn Duplicate Bots.

That being said, I will definitely pass your feedback on to the team.
  • I would actually prefer them not turn into the next bot chips. Though convenient for some I'd like to relax a bit these couple months since I don't care for either Bee or Primal, if the codes are correct. If bot chips transferred, I'd never be free from that nagging thought of having to save up for something I want down the road. I wouldn't mind a better heads up on the coming bots so I can stock crystals, but when a game becomes a chore, is it really worth playing?

You do however make sense, especially when you mentioned those whom nearly obtain the 4 star but fall just short. It would be a huge slap in the face to miss by a few thousand chips or even hundreds. The duplicate 3 star option does help so that if the 4 star version is missed, you can still land several 3 stars for their ability.
    Thanks for the feedback! The reasoning behind the 1:1 gold conversion is that for all intents and purposes, after the event is over, those Chips are not meant to have a value.

They were originally meant to disappear completely, but we decided that we wanted to let something be done with them. Hence, the original chance to convert them to a few 4-Star or PBC Shards. Then we realized that some of you guys were very capable of getting lots more Chips, so we thought we would give you the ability to earn Duplicate Bots.

True, but there's also a large number of people struggling. Even with dup bots, after getting 3 3* thru chips theres this huge gap of chips and effort left over in the event time expires. Like me, I haven't yet breached 40,000 chips (38000) , with spotlight hard just in reach (two paths in whole thing) so a cool 43000. But I have invested more time than I really have. And this is my ultimate grindfest to try an acquired my first 4* (I guess I never focused my energy in right places ;/) after 6 months of gameplay
    I dunno, there have been many suggestions to lower the curve from low players and alliances and the top echelon. The gap between mid tier and top tier is still painfully clear tho ,:/ people have spoken lol
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the feedback! The reasoning behind the 1:1 gold conversion is that for all intents and purposes, after the event is over, those Chips are not meant to have a value.

I think the time and effort that people put in to a month long event needs to be acknowledged and viewing the chips as having no value puts no value on the player either. If it was a one week event (like what we had before) I could understand, but this a month and it's the entire focus of the game, 1 feature per month, with every area of the game encouraging you to play more than you usually would to get those chips.

To then say at the end of the month, sorry the extra time and effort you put in is worth nothing, doesn't leave me with a good feeling.

I hit 100k a day before the last arena chip event finished. I had zero motivation to play the game for a 1000 chips prize that I couldn't spend on anything and would convert to 1000 gold. I don't want to play the game so much to get 10% rank for a 1000 gold prize.

The amount of time I put in to the last arena chip event should be as equally valuable as the first one that I played. My time is not worth nothing.
  • I second the OP’s proposal. This approach would add a fun and compelling strategy element to the game.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    1:1 conversion to temmie flakes