Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Changeable Graphics Quality

Being that the game can be very intense on the CPU, is it possible that there could be an option to change graphics quality to lower the load and improve frame rate if possible? I think it would be a very welcomed addition to the game.

Especially for people who have older devices but still want to play. I currently have a brand new iPhone 7 128gb and it does often start to lose frames after about 15-30 minutes. Considering this game is as much about reflexes as it is about skill, loss of frames is definitely a problem and can be a game breaker for a lot of people. I am a huge fan of this game, and as much as I do like the great graphics this game has, I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say I am happy to sacrifice graphics quality for better overall performance.

Comments

• Earlier on, Kabam had plans to incorporate such a feature. Guess they never got around to it.
  • Now would be a great time if any to incorporate this, as more stuff is added to the game and improvements are continuously made. A feature like this would be ideal to balance things out.
    Also with the recent news that Apple are definitely slowing older phones down in software updates, a feature like this would stop 'old' devices being left behind and the players who own these 'older' devices being forgotten about.

Please Kabam, I cannot imagine adding lower resolution settings to be all that difficult. Such a small change like this will make a huge difference to a lot of people.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Not to mention the battery drain that comes from a high graphics load.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Yeah, this really needs to be a thing.

The game seems to suffer with each update, and it's pretty doubtful it will ever get any better for older devices.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    They need to turn down the background quality a bit. There's a lot of unnecessary stuff going on in the background with textures, models and details and the only time I can appreciate it is when the game lags and freezes.. which means I get to appreciate it a lot.

Keep the bots high res and drop the stuff that's 1000 miles away in the distance.
  • Ever since they bump up quality in version 4 (like shadow, sun ray and shade) the game starts crashing more often.
  • It would be nice, however at least for Android I think there are other things going on that are limiting performance. Using game tuner on my s8+ I dropped textures all the way down and dropped the resolution down to 50% and didn't get any fps increase. It's still stuck at 30 fps 99% of the time with random times where it suddenly runs at 50-60 fps consistently until it closes or I have to switch apps.
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    I know for a fact that the game can drop it's graphics down. How? On my old iPad Mini 2 and I can CLEARLY SEE that there is a lot less graphics detail (shading, shadows, background effects, overall explosion effects, etc etc.) on the iPad Mini 2 compared to my iPhone 7 Plus.

The question is, does the game automatically once it detects an older device? Or is there a command (which is unfortunately not known to us) to bump down the graphics?

Plus, if anyone is wondering about the heating issue, believe it or not, the iPad Mini 2 barely heats up in contrast to my iPhone that is blazing hot after 2-3 rounds of fights (say, in Arena). Battery still drains fast while playing the game on the old iPad Mini 2, however.

I'll try to get some screenshots for you guys later.