Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

First punch of the fight Special 3

so i was fighting grindor today in AM under the 'defensive power gain' mod and grindor refused to attack and just gathered energy until 3 bars and that was his first strike. so i'm not sure that's really legitimate behavior for a bot. I wasn't triggering his blocking just waited patiently for an attack that never came.
So just putting this here, let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    So you just let him stand there? You didn't knock him down with a heavy attack?

Having said that... Yes, bots on power gain mods act differently, and they will often wait out for an s3. Starscream miniboss is notorious for this.
  • You sort of have to be somewhat aggressive towards bots on those nodes. A bot that does a melee heavy attack (Like MM or OP) is great for those.

Also, ive noticed that these bots tend to block more when you are close up to them, or if you are also blocking. So, you just have to go at them slightly differently. I try to dance a lot when fighting those bots and wait for an opening...if the bot refuses to fight ill rush in and hit them with a heavy which usually gets them to fight back some. But, you also have to sort of accept the fact that you will probably take a S3 to the face at some point when doing those lanes.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Try not hitting anything at beginning of a fight most time opponent will just stand there waiting to react.

I’ve seen ai just stop and stand there before as well usually I pop them with a range to get them moving again but it can be frustrating but it is I’m pretty sure a reactive thing
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Yeah, sometimes they can stand there indefinitely until you engage them. Just give him a tap and heavy.
  • Aye. Have to agree. For Starscream mini on map 3, I don't try to even give him the chance to stay at range when using Ironhide. I find it better to stay in his face forcing the fight.

I see this commonly on resource nodes in raid and power gain nodes in Spotlight. What everyone here has said works. just have to nudge them into fighting back at times.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    nah he didnt just stand there, i know that has to be shaken out, i was moving around occasionally shooting trying to bait a response. honestly i've never had this problem before, i also use prowl so really on the first counter i just drain him. he was just being weird. he was moving alot just not attacking.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    You sort of have to be somewhat aggressive towards bots on those nodes. A bot that does a melee heavy attack (Like MM or OP) is great for those.

Also, ive noticed that these bots tend to block more when you are close up to them, or if you are also blocking. So, you just have to go at them slightly differently. I try to dance a lot when fighting those bots and wait for an opening...if the bot refuses to fight ill rush in and hit them with a heavy which usually gets them to fight back some. But, you also have to sort of accept the fact that you will probably take a S3 to the face at some point when doing those lanes.

this isnt a power gain mod where you have to hit him. using heavy attack will only make him block and feed him further energy. he gets energy from blocking which is why shooting him will also make him block and feed more energy. i treat this mod alot like i do reflect, not shooting to not encourage blocking and just counter/drain with prowl. didnt work this time he just danced around till sp3