Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Converting Chips into new ones.

What does everyone else think about converting other bot's chips into new bot's chips? For example, I have 5,850 Megaton chips and I really wish I could convert them into Optimus Primal chips. That way I'll have 9,100 Primal chips and I would be closer to getting him.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The problem here is that savvy players will horde chips for a feature bot they don't want, and then carry them over to next month so they can dupe the new feature bot they actually like.

Considering I've seen players dupe feature bots 3-4x and I have myself duped a feature bot for free (G1 Megatron), Kabam will not want to open this door.

Imagine elite players hoarding chips for two months and being able to get 10 dupes of a feature bot for free.

This is what will happen if they let chips convert into the following months.

Besides, there's always gonna be some player asking for an exception that doesn't make the cutoff even with carryovers and alerts telling them exactly when feature chips become unavailable for the month, no matter what you do.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    I don't see any problem, if they're hoarding enough chips to dupe a 4* then they're playing the game extensively and opening heaps of crystals, either draining their reserves or spending new money.

If someone opens all their crystals this month or next month I don't particularly mind when they spend the chips, they earned them, just like all the other currencies in the game.

As has been calculated, to get a dupe requires a large amount of crystal dupes.

If it carried over to a new month, to get a dupe a f2p would still require the same amount of effort and play as the previous month, so instead of having two bots they only get one that is duped. That's a lot of motivation to play with no immediate goal. I don't see any huge imbalance there.

10 dupes, buying 11 times, is 3.3 million chips. You don't get much more than 100k from all the game modes per month, so this exaggerated argument is just absurd. Two months is not going to get you any meaningful fraction of 3.3 million chips. Even 3 purchases, 420,000 chips is still extreme and would require spending... and a 4th, 640,000 chips.. you better apply for a bank loan, the game doesn't offer enough chips and crystals to get there.

If someone wants to skip a month and not get a 4*, go right ahead. If it takes them 2 months of their regular playing to get 1 4* unduped, that's fine for me too. Is there any danger to anyone if they get 1 4* every 2 months? Will Kabam miss out on a few dollars because they haven't cracked and bought loot box crystals? They'll just come and complain here that they only got 2* and likely quit anyway.

At least they're playing the game. They really need to start thinking more about how to get and retain players. Not enough thought is being put in to the player experience outside the top 7% rank rewards player base.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    I still think my idea was spot on. 2:1 conversion of chips. Even 3:1. That makes it to where they'd have to be hoarding 150k to get even half a 4*. Thatd be a lot of grinding on a bot they didn't like. And if they did grind that much, then they deserve the spoils.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    @Terminal

I may be your biggest fan btw
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    Remmie wrote: »
    I still think my idea was spot on. 2:1 conversion of chips. Even 3:1. That makes it to where they'd have to be hoarding 150k to get even half a 4*. Thatd be a lot of grinding on a bot they didn't like. And if they did grind that much, then they deserve the spoils.

If carryover was ever allowed, this is the only way it would make sense, because then it's only worthwhile to carryover chips for one month. If they keep getting cut in half or into 1/3 their current value on carryover, then players won't be able to hoard for several months due to diminishing returns.