Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Automatic duplicates, signature abilities and forging contradict each other

Firstly, I really enjoy the game a lot and I'm having a lot of fun playing :)

One aspect that is very frustrating though is the system related to forging. I need to use the same name bot 1 star lower to unlock max forge levels. However, all duplicates are automatically converted to ore and if it's a duplicate 2* it also gains/upgrades the signature ability.

I'm left in a situation where I can never unlock the forge cap on my 3* without taking a huge penalty to the investment or luck I had on the 2* version.

Due to arena, we will always need the 1* and 2* versions, we can't afford to forge our only levelled up units or units with signature abilities unlocked.

I would much rather have the option to forge a duplicate than forge my only copy of a bot.

For people that like to both collect and maximise the power of their bots, it also puts them in a frustrating position.

I don't want to be forced to lose my only copy of a bot to unlock the max potential of higher star version and then be at the mercy of rng to get the lower star version again so I can use it in arena... and then a *third* time to get the signature ability. If I had already had the signature I need to have collected four or more of the same bot over time!

Needing to collect multiple specific bots to unlock a bots full potential reminds me of an area of gacha that was banned many years ago in Japan (complete gacha system), I'd like to see the game steer away from this system towards something more honest.

I understand the idea of not allowing people to keep and use duplicates for team diversity. My suggestion is to allow duplicates the option of being forged or turned into ore.

Maybe they can just be turned into a form of duplicate currency/shards/tickets we can then use to forge/cash in for ore/upgrade signatures etc

I also think signature abilities should be baseline and not locked behind needing a duplicate. Powering up through duplicates I can accept but still don't like or think it's ideal, but not being to access the ability at all without a duplicate is not right.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Forging is essentially selling and you only have to forge the same bot of lower tier once to unlock max forge u won't get there until 75+ forge level.

You can forge any lower bot into the bot as well to raise level just need the one to unlock max tho

Forging is very minimal gains forge 33 or so on a 3* increases 125 hp and attack

So I highly recommend against forging anyhow until you have nothing better than piss gold and ore away

Signature abilities are just that, things that make the bot special, duplicates do not increase bot stats, just pi rating and signature abilities so it is the perk of opening more crystals or running arenas for one. With that being said no signature makes any bot useless without and some signatures are definatly more beneficial than others
  • FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    Forging is long term ordeal, with so few bots in the game right now forging hurts but when there is 100+ bots it will not hurt as much.
  • Forging is for when you've already maxed out the Bots themselves on Rank/Level.

Absolutely worthless right now and detrimental to your progress.
  • JazzJazz Posts: 8
    edited April 2017
    I had the same thought, that it contradicts the signature awakening concept. But I can see it as a "final" selloff mechanic of lesser-star bots to say goodbye and give yourself closure to move on.

But as the OP mentioned, automatic selloff of dupes are the annoying part. So basically this is the situation that sucks - let's say i have a 3* ready to forge to max, and I have the same bot in 2* ranked up really well. If I draw a new 2* of that same bot, instead of me choosing to use it for the forge, i automatically lose it to awakening.

Thing is, even in MCOC, when I had maxed a bunch of 3*, I was still using my 2* in their arenas to get more 3* to compete for the 4* arena. That's where it's gonna hurt.
    Forge is not a must for game just a bonus from selling guys your looking at this wrong way
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Forge is not a must for game just a bonus from selling guys your looking at this wrong way

My focus is only on the requirement that you need the same name bot one star lower to unlock the max forge cap. Instead of 75 it increases to 100. This part is bad. Everything else about forging is fine.
    You only have to forge it one time whether it be at forge level 1 or 75 and all xp ect carries over
    You only have to forge it one time whether it be at forge level 1 or 75 and all xp ect carries over

Yes, I know. The problem is that duplicates automatically convert to ore.

Here is a perfect example, I have a 2* and 1* bumblebee. I got a second 1* bee. Besides being surprised at getting a duplicate a day or two later off a daily alliance/daily 3* draw, it's also frustrating that I had no chance to forge the duplicate and keep a copy of the bot.

I would have much rather forged it to unlock the max potential of my 2* bee than get a tiny amount of ore, ore that I can farm with energy anyway. There is no value in the duplicate, it's so incredibly low value compared to a non-duplicate it isn't even funny, I would be incredibly frustrated to spend money on drawing a bot and then not even get one or have the choice how I want to use it, all it gives me is a at best a level or so for another bot. That's terribly useless compared to actually having a bot, any bot at all, to use for the intense multitude of areas we need bots for.. missions, away missions, base defense, raid attack, multiple arenas...and SIX different Rock Paper Scissors strengths/weaknesses we need to account for and counter in all of this different areas.

And, it's better to level up the unit before sending it to forge because it will give more forge levels based on its level.

So what am I supposed to do? Just not draw or spend on the game until I've levelled it up to unlock 2* bee forge and gain the most forge levels at the same time? Or forge it earlier so I can continue to pull crystals without fear of a wasted duplicate and be stuck with no bot to use for arena and away missions and pray to rngesus for another? Or ignore the idea completely and wince in pain every time a duplicate is drawn thinking gee I wish I knew so I could have forged it before drawing that now useless duplicate?
    Duplicates increase signature level , so it does do something . Sig levels increase dmg or buff or whatnkt the bots get as well as raises bots overall pi rating .

as well you don't have to open daily crystals ect immediately you can save them same with all the 1* bot crystals till your ready to forge them ect

And lastly I wish they never even made forge you guys are making a big deal out of a bonus vs selling is all. Forging give minimal improvement to bot at a long term plan and cost to do so. Once again a 3* bb at 33 forge is a whopping 125 hp higher and 10 attack. That's one more hit bot can take for me forging prolly 50 max level 1* and cost of 50 t1 sparks and ore and couple hundred thousand in gold. It's really not worth it I stopped doing it. Only reason I did was for testing purposes during beta
  • JazzJazz Posts: 8
    This makes it even more distressing, that forge doesn't do that much. I'd rather be able to sell and just get crystal shards to get more bots.
    Duplicates increase signature level , so it does do something . Sig levels increase dmg or buff or whatnkt the bots get as well as raises bots overall pi rating .

as well you don't have to open daily crystals ect immediately you can save them same with all the 1* bot crystals till your ready to forge them ect

And lastly I wish they never even made forge you guys are making a big deal out of a bonus vs selling is all. Forging give minimal improvement to bot at a long term plan and cost to do so. Once again a 3* bb at 33 forge is a whopping 125 hp higher and 10 attack. That's one more hit bot can take for me forging prolly 50 max level 1* and cost of 50 t1 sparks and ore and couple hundred thousand in gold. It's really not worth it I stopped doing it. Only reason I did was for testing purposes during beta

I appreciate you testing it. For science! :)
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    I didn't know that you can stack Daily Crystals. That's cool