Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AI abilities

@Kabam Miike I’ve noticed that this weekend has introduced a new wrinkle to the AI’s fighting abilities. That of being able to fire off a special attack while they are under a special attack. Seems to happen when your win streak is between matches 12 to 15. I fully expect that the game will let the AI cheat to win, because all fighting games will. However, the game generally exploits things that I as a gamer could do if I was quick enough. However, this one isn’t suppose to be possible under the current game rules. The attacking bot is suppose to be invulnerable during a special attack, and a return special attack can only be done after the first one is completed. I’m not one to complain a lot, and I’m not really complaining now. Just wondering why this cheat seems to be a thing now?

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Yep it’s disgusting, a sorry excuse for an ‘artificial intelligence’. Feel like the game ain’t worth it because you gotta endure such torment dealing with the godlike AI. Expert is a right bloody joke aswell.. The ballache rises higher and higher every month yet the rewards stay the same. Crap. AI must be fixed or else I don’t see the point in playing this broken game anymore.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited January 2018
    AI is fine.

Show me a video of what you think is broken or where AI 'cheats' and I'll tell you what you could have done to not get hit.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited January 2018
    Dircules wrote: »
    AI is fine.

Show me a video of what you think is broken or where AI 'cheats' and I'll tell you what you could have done to not get hit.

Play the game for ten minutes and pay attention to the actual movement frames, you'll prove yourself wrong.
    The AI gets to cheat at least partially because it isn't as smart as a human, a tradition of adding difficulty that stretches back to PONG. Saying AI in games doesnt ever cheat is like saying fire isn't hot. In this game, the AI can input commands instantly and without regard for what they're doing when they input the command. Play against a 2k PI Bonecrusher or Grindor in arena. Watch as they never stop moving, dashing into a sidestep into a dash back into a dash forward into a block into a sidestep into a counter that you literally can't dodge because YOUR bot is still finishing their animation from two seconds ago.
    Honestly, I wish people would stop parroting the company line and admit that this happens. I'm not going to quit the game or anything, but IT HAPPENS.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    TL;DR version:

Git Gud, Die Less

Nobody is "parroting" the company line. There are many, many players succeeding at the highest difficulty content available in the game.

This alone says that perhaps the "problem" is more player perception than an actual issue.

Sure, the AI has a much faster response time... You gotta learn to adapt. You can also learn to do many of the things the AI does, like sidestepping an attack when it seems impossibly late to do so, avoiding soundwave's heavy by sidestepping, and even interrupting enemy combos between hits. You can even do one of those weird short shoulder rolls to avoid ranged attacks, it's all about timing when you swipe.

You can often roll multiple combos in a row by utilizing a "meaty hit" technique as well as "confirmed hits". There's all kinds of techniques to employ. Myself and others have gone over a couple of them in this very forum trying to help players.

Yeah, sometimes the AI gets the best of you, but that's what makes it challenging. Yeah, sometimes there are actually bugs that need to be addressed, but I don't think the AI needs to be rewritten and I don't think it's nearly as broken as players think it is.

I think players just don't like losing and they are quick to blame the AI coding when it's their own skills lacking.

Learn the tendencies of high pi enemy bots. Stop fighting everything the same way. Most become extremely predictable... Except Galvatron.. ugh, lol.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Dircules wrote: »
    AI is fine.

Wow dude, you completely missed or ignored what I said. It's not a matter of being slow to dodge or sidestep. I was fighting Waspinator with G1 Bumblebee and fired off an SP2. In the middle of the attack which landed successfully, Wasp fired off an SP2 of his own. There wasn't a chance to avoid the attack, because the animation for the SP2 was still happening. If I had hit while he was blocking, then I would just accept that I did it wrong. The second time was the exact samething, Ironhide against Dinobot. In the middle of firing off an SP2 that landed the first two hits, Dinobot fires off an SP1 before the animation has even finished. Go ahead, tell me how to dodge or sidestep while the special attack animation is running, I'll wait.........
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    You’re right
  • Opinion:
    My problem is that AI's animation representation does not match their actual state in high difficulty fight instances, players are forced to adapt to AI patterns rather than react to animation of AI bot is that is showing to us.

Observation:
    Ie. Animation shows AI is shooting a chain of ranged basic, still has ranged weapon out as last projectile leaves it, but AI is actually in block.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Opinion:
    My problem is that AI's animation representation does not match their actual state in high difficulty fight instances, players are forced to adapt to AI patterns rather than react to animation of AI bot is that is showing to us.

Observation:
    Ie. Animation shows AI is shooting a chain of ranged basic, still has ranged weapon out as last projectile leaves it, but AI is actually in block.

THIS. ALL OF THIS FOREVER. THANK YOU!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've had 2 bots over the last 2 days trigger the sp3 after receiving the KO punch, one Ultra Magnus) ended up in a battle loss for me in an AM. Kinda bs if you ask me.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I've had 2 bots over the last 2 days trigger the sp3 after receiving the KO punch, one Ultra Magnus) ended up in a battle loss for me in an AM. Kinda bs if you ask me.

Did the screen say KO on it?

Or did all the buff/debuff icons disappear? (this is how you can tell if a bit is actually KOd.

Or were they just bleeding down from burn/bleed/shock and fired s3 off just before they died?

Because you can prevent death by using s3 right before you go to 0. This is normal.
    They we're being knocked back from the final hit and triggered the special AS my bot was making contact.
    I also was just fighting the S1000 in expert and he triggered his sp2 during the knock back animation from Soundwave's heavy. He was also able to evade a heavy as he was stunned.
    These God-like AI abilities are making the game not fun. Has Grimlocks AI cheating been fixed yet? If not I'm not even going to attempt to progress.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    They we're being knocked back from the final hit and triggered the special AS my bot was making contact.
    I also was just fighting the S1000 in expert and he triggered his sp2 during the knock back animation from Soundwave's heavy. He was also able to evade a heavy as he was stunned.
    These God-like AI abilities are making the game not fun. Has Grimlocks AI cheating been fixed yet? If not I'm not even going to attempt to progress.

Don’t use Soundwave on S1000, the 1000 will replicate his buffs, as soon as waves heavy connects he gains the power gain buff instantly giving him power bars, and will also reflect your range, which allows him to evade Soundwaves heavy attack even if it connects.
    So what about all the others issues? Stun is stun....doesn't mean stunned until it's better for me to evade...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    So what about all the others issues? Stun is stun....doesn't mean stunned until it's better for me to evade...

I experienced that dodge out of stun today. The focus frenzy activated during my special 3 animation and the hits removed the unstoppable initiating stun. When the animation finished, the stun timer was a little more than halfway, but when I dashed in, the bot sidestepped my attack (I did see the stun debuff still under the health bar). Head scratcher moment, but I’ve only had this happen one time. I just wrote it off as a glitch.
    These cheating issues seem to becoming a regular occurrence...I was just fighting Galvatron and I was about to land his last hit and my bot froze.. . totally unresponsive. Of course G triggered his SP3 and won the fight.
    I have yet another example....Drift....triggering his sp3 while being shot by Hot Rod. The deceleration animation was even shown in the sp3 animation...and of course this ended in a lost match.
    I'd LOVE to hear a moderator comment on this.