Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Energon monthly card

We saw this amazing item once before. A great deal based on user log-ins. If any one had the money to buy it, I’m sure it was bought. Are we ever going to see this deal again?

Comments

• There were a lot more than one actually. I miss them too.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    I noticed that these deals stopped appearing (in this and other Kabam games) after Apple updated its terms stating that if a person pays for an item, they should get that item. The issue with the login deal is that you pay money to get something every day, but if you miss a day, you miss out on what you would have received. Thus you have paid for something, but dont receive the item based on some arbitrary condition that was created.

Solutions would be to either have the rewards locked on a timer that is not linked to logging in, but locked based on time. So, for example, after buying the deal, Day 1 rewards would be unlocked immediately. Day 2 would unlock in 24hrs from then, Day 3 48hrs from then, and so on...without the unlock being based on logging into the game at all. So if I was not able to login for whatever reason for a week, I could still go back and collect those rewards that have unlocked. The other solution would be to award the player any unclaimed materials after the 30-day time period is up. So if I was not able to log in for a week, once my 30-days were up, I would get an in-game email awarding me any unclaimed mats for that time period.

But it could also just be Kabam does not want to do those deals anymore, or not at this time.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Hey that's fine, just don't offer it for iOS, offer it for Android. iOS got a 50% discount on energon recently and Android users got nothing.

It's about time Android players got a good exclusive deal
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    I noticed that these deals stopped appearing (in this and other Kabam games) after Apple updated its terms stating that if a person pays for an item, they should get that item. The issue with the login deal is that you pay money to get something every day, but if you miss a day, you miss out on what you would have received. Thus you have paid for something, but dont receive the item based on some arbitrary condition that was created.

Solutions would be to either have the rewards locked on a timer that is not linked to logging in, but locked based on time. So, for example, after buying the deal, Day 1 rewards would be unlocked immediately. Day 2 would unlock in 24hrs from then, Day 3 48hrs from then, and so on...without the unlock being based on logging into the game at all. So if I was not able to login for whatever reason for a week, I could still go back and collect those rewards that have unlocked. The other solution would be to award the player any unclaimed materials after the 30-day time period is up. So if I was not able to log in for a week, once my 30-days were up, I would get an in-game email awarding me any unclaimed mats for that time period.

But it could also just be Kabam does not want to do those deals anymore, or not at this time.

Not true.. War Robots (another iOS and Android game) have this and it is still ongoing.. Marvel Future Fight (a game I once played) also have these crystal/gold subscription deals still ongoing.
  • Davien wrote: »
    Stitch626 wrote: »

Not true.. War Robots (another iOS and Android game) have this and it is still ongoing.. Marvel Future Fight (a game I once played) also have these crystal/gold subscription deals still ongoing.

Wow it is almost like different companies interpret apples notoriously vague in different ways. OMG who would have thought that different organizations would read things different ways? Did they miss the meeting where all mobile game producers got together and decided how to implement them in a consistent manner?