Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

R4/R5 resources

This makes me sad. How are you guys getting the resources to R4/R5 your bots? I have 2 R4 bots (Soundwave and OG Megatron) but to complete that's not gonna cut it.
This makes me tend to want to head back to Earth Wars. At least I have the ability to Max out my bots and I have a helluva roster. I know where and when I'll be able to get my energon/alloy/spark to do what I need and cheaters are caught immediately and banned. I'm not hoping for a lucky drop or some ultra rare one of a kind spark that I have to spend $100+ on the get for one bot.
Suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited January 2018
    Your best bet is playing expert spot light. Completing those each month will grant you at least enough resources to get an r4. As for r5, you either buy offers, or compete in high level AM. If you place first on the AM ladder you get 1k shards for a tier 3 class crystal on top of the rewards you receive for completing the map which include tier 2 alphas and tier 3 basic class crystals.

When you play AM as part of a top five alliance, these things add up and allow you to get an r5 faster than other players. That's why it's important to push yourself and play in alliances that compete on Ancient Sanctum, aka map 3.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Lastly, I wouldn't worry about getting an r5. Just keep playing the game and you'll naturally progress into gaining an r5. The options to get it is simply to appeal to those that spend money.

It's not a must have
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    For R4, you need T2A. Yes as above-mentioned, you can play expert spotlight missions for it, there are T2A essences available upon exploration of each chapter. You can also farm T1A essences and sell for T2A essence from raid store, slower but it's easier to do raids than to explore expert spotlight chap 3. I get most of my T2A from AM, think you get it from D3.21 onwards, can't remember exactly.

For R5, yes either you buy the deals or you get T3 class spark essences from finishing as a top 3 alliance, or completion rewards from doing D3.41 onwards, iirc from the AS map rewards list.
  • Options
    DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    edited January 2018
    you get t3c shards from d21 and up on map 3.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Eventually t3c will be more accessible just like t2a and t3b. Hopefully through better Expert rewards..
    For now keep playing high am levels, eventually you’ll get enough shards for a t3c crystal
  • Options
    So is the only way to get t2a shards is by high lvl am?
  • Options

Expert, raid store
  • Options

Expert, raid store

Energon store too
  • Options

Expert, raid store

Energon store too

Boo
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    DeePrime wrote: »
    you get t3c shards from d21 and up on map 3.

really? awesome... I was trying to look for that list of AS map rewards... does anyone have it? I vaguely remember the rewards changing at D21 and D41 and D61, but can't remember exactly what...

@DrShotgun and @Insanecloud whatever your top bots rating is, you should aim to play AM where enemy bots are about 1.5x your bots for starters, then 2-3x your bots as you progress.