Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

NVIDIA Shield K1 Constantly Crashing + Other Issues

I have been playing this game since its release and have constantly had issues with the game crashing after playing for around 30min-1hr. The crash always seems to occur while fighting, or right before a fight is about to start. The tablet will start to get very warm, and then it will start to lag very badly, and then eventually it just quits the game.

To remedy this, I have been closing out the game myself every 45min or so and restarting it to prevent the game from crashing in the middle of a fight. While this does solve the crashing for the most part, I would not really consider it a real solution.

I play MCOC on this exact same tablet as well, and that game runs just fine. It doesnt make my tablet super hot, and the game hardly ever crashes.

Another issue I am experiencing is when trying to use the in game chat, the game flickers between 'Global' and 'Alliance' tabs. Like its trying to figure out which chat is selected, and it just flickers constantly, even when I have selected a tab. On top of that, when I try to type anything, its nearly impossible. I think the flickering is the issue here, as I will open the chat, but then I will try to type something, nothing will appear, and the text box will eventually minimize again.

Im using the current version of the game (1.0.2 ) as well as the most current version of the NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet (Android version 7.0, Kernel Version 3.10.96, SHIELD Version 5.1(24.29.404.127).

Comments

• Options
    Hey Stitch626!
    Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to play on your Nvidia Shield and we definitely appreciate you coming to the forums to let us know! If you do happen to have any more information, please feel free to post as every bit counts!

Our QA team is constantly reviewing the forums and bug reports, and working to resolve issues that are reported here. Thank you for providing as much detail as possible!
  • Options
    KenobiKenobi Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    I have the same problems with Shield K1Tablet, freezes, slowdowns and sometimes the game closes, it looks like a memory leak from your app. Pls fix it, the rest of your game is fantastic.
  • Options
    SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    I have the shield LTE and has the same problems as you guys, and the game dont look as good as the iOS version and in saying that its craziness cause the nivida shield blows any tablet or phone out of the water due to it being the most powerful tablet on the market right now. Just to show the difference in the 2, heres some screen shots
    Nivida shield tablet:
    hm0b7h2he6f0.png

iOS:
    end16pznbxc8.png

So as you can see grimlock don't even look like he should, also I noticed that alot of the special effects in the shield is not so flashy as the iOS. i guess they are working behind the scenes on making the shield version look amazing and hope it gets fixed real soon
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    I would just like to point out that the crashes were pretty bad over the weekend. Ive had the game crash now when literally doing nothing...I left it on the Base Camp screen, went to the kitchen to grab a drink, and by the time I came back, my tablet was showing the home screen with the game no longer running.

I am fairly disappointed in how this game run on this tablet as it it supposed to be a very high performance tablet, especially in regards to games. Game/server lags and such I can deal with - as everyone else who is playing the game is dealing with those same things as well. But those issues + only being able to play the game for about 30min until it just decideds to crap out and crash, is making this a hard game for me to enjoy and want to continue to play.
  • Options
    STORMZZSTORMZZ Posts: 57

Stitch626 wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since its release and have constantly had issues with the game crashing after playing for around 30min-1hr. The crash always seems to occur while fighting, or right before a fight is about to start. The tablet will start to get very warm, and then it will start to lag very badly, and then eventually it just quits the game.

To remedy this, I have been closing out the game myself every 45min or so and restarting it to prevent the game from crashing in the middle of a fight. While this does solve the crashing for the most part, I would not really consider it a real solution.

I play MCOC on this exact same tablet as well, and that game runs just fine. It doesnt make my tablet super hot, and the game hardly ever crashes.

Another issue I am experiencing is when trying to use the in game chat, the game flickers between 'Global' and 'Alliance' tabs. Like its trying to figure out which chat is selected, and it just flickers constantly, even when I have selected a tab. On top of that, when I try to type anything, its nearly impossible. I think the flickering is the issue here, as I will open the chat, but then I will try to type something, nothing will appear, and the text box will eventually minimize again.

Im using the current version of the game (1.0.2 ) as well as the most current version of the NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet (Android version 7.0, Kernel Version 3.10.96, SHIELD Version 5.1(24.29.404.127).

Well said there man, EXACTLY how mines been going, even when i try collect certain rewards the screen rolls/flickers up and down and i have to tap the claim button to stop this then claim the reward.
  • Options
    This is still a constant and DAILY (more like hourly) issue.
  • Options
    I have both an Nvidia Shield Portable and an Nvidia Shield K1 (LTE) and the game runs like garbage on both. Randomly crashes, stutters constantly during battle (sometimes for 10-15 seconds), causes the Gamepad Mapper to crash consistently, and takes about a minute to load into an AM match (issue on the Portable only). Also, coming from MCoC: can you tell us WHY you chose not to natively map for the Nvidia Controller? It makes no sense, you are closing yourself off to an entire market of Android users.
  • Options
    This is still a constant, and daily problem for me. I have a pretty hard time believing that this tablet is unable to fully support this game, so it must be some sort of memory leak that is causing the game to run like crap after only 30ish minutes of playing.
  • Options
    Still crashing every 10-15 minutes, lagging during fights making it unplayable. Losing health because of this in every mode. Please address this issue.
  • Options
    TenneyTenney Posts: 3
    My game doesn't lag, so to speak, it will just force close itself very randomly. Anywhere from while just upgrading bots, to the middle of fights, to just sitting at the base screen doing nothing. And when it doesn't crash during the loading screen, it's a good 2-3 min wait for it to load. I can't even successfully raid at all because there isn't enough time.

I have a LG G Stylo running Android 6.0. and i only play with my wifi connection, which is always at full bars.
  • Options
    @Tenney this thread is about Nvidia Shield issues. You'll want to start another thread, specific to your device, if you want assistance.
  • Options
    The most recent update did nothing to address any of these issues. My device still crashes the game after only about 30min of game play.
  • Options
    Yes my crashes more in the AM then normal but i can say that after the update my shield tablet does not get as hot and runs more smoothly but im disappointed that it did not get a visual upgrade as it should have, but I understand it may take time. To be honest im good with smooth gameplay then having it look amazing but it would help make it better
  • Options
    SteelSH wrote: »
    Yes my crashes more in the AM then normal but i can say that after the update my shield tablet does not get as hot and runs more smoothly but im disappointed that it did not get a visual upgrade as it should have, but I understand it may take time. To be honest im good with smooth gameplay then having it look amazing but it would help make it better

My gameplay is always pretty smooth - up until about the 25min mark. Then it starts to lag and slow down and get choppy. Thats when I know the game is going to crash soon - so often times I will just close out the game myself and restart it. That will give me another 30-40min of game time before I have to reset it again.
  • Options
    Mine seems to be crashing mostly when a away mission completes or at random in story mode. Also ive notice that with my shield tablet since last update my touch controls for the game is not registering right and becoming on playable in times. Like if i swipe to move forward back up or down the bot will just stay there blocking or if i touch to attack the bot just stands doing nothing. Please look into this, i love this game but its very frustrating when the touch controls are not responsive like it did before
  • Options
    I almost feel as though the issue is getting worse and worse. The game plays awful on this tablet that, by all accounts, should be playing this game just as well as it does MCOC. I have 0 issues playing MCOC all day long.

Playing this game for 30min on this tablet causes the tablet to get so hot, that the heat warning "!" signal starts to show. The only other time I have ever even seen this is after leaving the tablet in my car for an hour during the summer. In addition to the heat, this game drains my tablets battery faster than anything else I have ever seen. Playing this game for around 30min will cause the batter to go from 100% to ~60%, or lower. There was even one time that between when I left work and got home (about a 45min train ride) the battery drained from 100% to around 15%.

The constant crashing is becoming an issue for a variety of reasons. I feel like when I start a Raid, i have to restart the game every time before, otherwise what most often happens is that mid-Raid, the game will get supper laggy and it will take ages for the matches to load, and when they do load, it usually takes another 15seconds before its actually playable, by which time the computer has already started attacking - even if im blocking, im still taking damage. On top of that, when the game does eventually crash while in a raid, since the time to complete a raid is only 15min, its a rush against the clock to get back into the game and try to finish the raid before the timer runs out. So far, due to crashes, I have had matches come down to the last few seconds.

You guys are doing a major disservice to your game by not addressing these issues right away. This is the only device I have that will play this game, and it plays it like complete garbage. I really enjoy the game, but if these issues are not addressed soon, I will have no choice but to quit due to sheer gameplay frustration.
  • Options
    vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    yeah, i don't even bother to play this game on my K1 Shield.
  • Options
    This is getting beyond a joke now. Everything is updated etc blah blah blah, it crashed at least 40 times today and had to reload the game during play every 20 minutes. Sort this out please because it needs a serious look at.
  • Options
    BendoverBendover Posts: 9
    Kabam guys....we have been reporting glitches and bugs.we already have ppl quit ur game and im looking to do the same....u guys need to pay more personnel to fix the issue on a faster pace because if this continues ima take my money to another game.

Ps delfierro006
  • Options
    SepSep Posts: 22
    edited May 2017
    I posted about this during beta and nothing has changed. Unless they ask nVidia to run a wand over it for the Shield (like MCOC) it'll always be a stuttery, unplayable mess. The Tegra GPU just doesn't get along with whatever they're using and Android performance has always been crappy for Kabam's games. Sad face.

Like Cheifloaded I play mostly on my Galaxy Note 4, which hilariously is way better than my Shield.
  • Options
    Juzzy84Juzzy84 Posts: 1
    Please fix your game for the shield, the best tablet on the market should be your benchmark for performance, i know apples are popular but it seems you havent even tried to make this game at least decent for android, considering nearly everything else apart from apple runs on android os, you have neglected the vast majority of your client base by not polishing this game for android, please fix...
  • Options
    Any update on this?

The performance has not gotten any better with any of the patches.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    CONSTANT crashing before important fights. CONSTANT! Its almost like you guys don't want to fix these issues because it causes people to have to purchase or use repair kits because after coming back fron the crash, the bot that was being used before the crash has now lost 1/4 of their health, before the fight even starts.

I literally just restarted the game 10min before doing an AM fight, and right after i started my FIRST AM fight (while the fight is loading) , the game crashes. And when i cone back in, my bot is missing health.

Apparently this issue has been around since Beta, and still nothing has been done to address these issues....WHY???

If you guys are only going to offer support and fixes for iOS devices, then take the game off the PlayStore. A Shield tablet only costs a couple hundred dollars...i challenge anyone working at/for Kabam to buy one and play this game for 1 week on it. If you don't break the tablet oin half from sheer frustration related ONLY to this game, at least you may have a better understanding of what we are complaining about.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Like banging your head against a brick wall mate. It's gotten worse since launching and nothing to address the clear as day faults. Just deals and other shenanigans not worth looking at because the game IS broken. Lucky I don't bother really unleash lmfao.
  • Options
    I dont want this post to get lost, or forgotten. All of the issues addressed in this thread are still ongoing and are a CONSTANT issue.

If Kabam is able to give any update on a stability patch for Android devices, it would be greatly appreciated. I know you guys released a stability patch for iOS recently - it would be really great if Android could get that same kind of love soon as well.
  • Options
    Apple will pull their product from the store if it is garbage. That is why Kabam addresses issues related to iOS. The Google play store is not as structured.
  • Options
    I also really love the fact that new posts in this thread do not bump the thread at all. This post has now fallen to the 2nd page.