Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Expert mission: why is S1000 so overpowered when compared to other expert bosses???

Hello everybody,

I don't know if it is just an impression of mine, but now that I have experienced almost the entire expert special mission level, I think that maybe difficulty should have been remoduled.
I have explored 100% first and second mission, just completed the third one. I hopefully think that I will complete 100% the third one too in few days, helping myself with some energon.
I defeated all the bosses several times (Primal just once till now), but I can't understand how I could defeat Dinobot (7500 pts.) using just one bot, not even a Demolitor one (Drift), or Grimlock (above 6000 pts.) with one or two bots left, while it ALWAYS took me all 5 bots against S1000 with only more than 3000 pts!!!
That exofilter 3x is insane. Many of my alliance mates are experiencing serious troubles against S1000, because you must dodge like hell and his attacks are so painful.
@Kabam Miike why putting such a tough bot in the middle of an expert mission? Ok, it must be difficult, but I honestly found S1000 insane as a middle expert boss.

Thank you in advance for everything and thank you for this amazing game!
Chris

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I found it best just to block the S-1000 while he was unstoppable and I didn’t really have any issues.

• @Lapras that's for sure and I did the same to a certain extent... But hitting S1000 when it is unstoppable doesn't stop it for sure. If it doesn't work, you risk being hurt. And i only have 3ranked 4s bots, so I can't afford receiving much damage. :blush:
    I mean, how could I defeat Grimlock or Dinobot "relatively easily" and S1000 after having retried it many times more? :neutral:
  • I gave it five tries before giving up on it, I just figured my team is not strong enough so it is what it is.

Sucks but hopefully one day I'll be able to get past it.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Eh, just run when it is unstoppable or shoot range to try and stun it. Never melee attack anything when it is unstoppable. I personally used Bludgeon against this shark.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I'd use it as a method is practice dodging, its honestly the most effective way of dealing with the unstoppable buff. Dodging against the wall/corner is a must have skill to pick up, and this is no better place to try it out.
  • Use mirage bro whenever he dash at u just counter with 3 melee and he is Stun.
    Instant 3hits
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Use mirage bro whenever he dash at u just counter with 3 melee and he is Stun.
    Instant 3hits

He can only manage a double-hook before get hit, I think.
  • I find just blocking and dodging with mirage is best
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Eh, just run when it is unstoppable or shoot range to try and stun it. Never melee attack anything when it is unstoppable. I personally used Bludgeon against this shark.

You do realize that the AI blocks more aggressively than the others
    Use mirage bro whenever he dash at u just counter with 3 melee and he is Stun.
    Instant 3hits

1 melee hit and you'll get intercepted and die
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Faithz17 wrote: »

You do realize that the AI blocks more aggressively than the others

I find that the AI generally mirrors your actions to a certain extent. I have never really gotten the hang of blocking so I don’t really block unless by accident (like I’m trying to backstep and the game reads my input wrongly). Thus I don’t recall this shark blocking a lot when I faced him. I do remember him running after me and I just kept running backwards until his unstoppable ends or I stun him.
  • Like others above here, people with quick ranged heavy moves like megatron, bludgeon and ironhide can make short work with the unstoppable.