Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

So Issues Facing Magnus 2.0

2»

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited February 2018
    I lose a bot to this guy almost everyday. He’s a real [Removed by Moderation] to fight :'( It’s not even to his sp1, just basic ranges and melee are so painful. I feel sorry for those guys on the right who have to deal with him and an even longer fight with the Armor mod.

Reduction in his sig like what was done for some of the other bots would make the most sense and be the easiest change.
  • His sig is out of hand everywhere. The only hard counter I've found to deal with him is a demo bot, soundwave, or armor break him. His AI is as bad as galvatrons with all it's dancing around, which was manageable until he became nearly indestructible to melee. I've pretty much given up fighting him (duped) in arena if I don't have one of the above for my three. It's not worth the aggravation.

He needed everything else, including the sp2 bump, but the sig is a disaster since the AI is ALWAYS "by himself."
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    In all fairness... I have an f100 IH, and despite my compliants about UM Sig in this thread, he gets easily destroyed by IH every single time.

Like... No contest. Use suspect wasp ends up being a similar outcome. Still, he really is a Juggernaut now... Went from being not quite good enough to wildly overpowered.
  • Didn't see this mentioned. It appears that he's treated the same way in raids. The only saving grace there is a high sig rank 4+ UM aren't found often.

• Not costing them revenue, not priority™
  • I like the changes to UM and wouldn't rush to change anything just yet, he can be a pushover with the right Demo bot.
  • So, I have been off for the past 2 weeks, and as such I have not had a chance to play the new patch in AM until today. I went ahead and held off complaining about this, but now that I've tried out UM, I have to echo the statements in this thread. It isn't like he's unfair, or overpowered, it's more like he is so out of control that it reminds me of the Starseeker bug.

Really, after seeing it first hand, I'm shocked that you guys have just glossed over this with no response. The balance between the amount of damage that UM does now compared to other bots is just obscene. 3 hit combo and I'm at half health on a r5 bot? A couple range attacks take away 1/4 health?

Is Kabam even paying attention anymore?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited February 2018
    You guys remember when randomizer was introduced and a Shockwave on the very hard path would insta kill bots if he hit melee lol..THIS is basically UM at high levels of AM.

Seeing less and less response from them on threads I am starting to wonder if they are checking the win rates at all they can’t be high
  • BOFAD wrote: »
    You guys remember when randomizer was introduced and a Shockwave on the very hard path would insta kill bots if he hit melee lol..THIS is basically UM at high levels of AM.

Seeing less and less response from them on threads I am starting to wonder if they are checking the win rates at all they can’t be high

Even just calculating his attack rating with buffs in high levels, you'd think they'd go "oops, we've gotta fix that immediately", but instead it feels more like they're drawing straws to pick who gets to give us the runaround for a week.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Things just don't look good. There's some mod activity right around the new update then crickets. UM is a massive problem. He is hands-down harder than any mini right now. His sig has always been too complicated being dependent on team members because it doesn't work on the enemy. When alone he arguably has the best sig. I've suggested lowering the level or making his sig buffs instead of base stat increases so it can be countered. Ever since the update I've lost at least one, sometimes 2.5 bots on him in the armor lane because the fight goes too long. I've lost r5 100 sig 26 Mirage in two 4-hit combs and an s1 and nearly 90% health.

This time I tested my own full health Magnus r5 100 sig 15 blocked to get my stacks up so basically with 10 resistance stacks +20% resistance and still only managed to get him down to about 1/4 health. Against all my resistance he killed me with a few combos and two s1s. Twice I fired off two ranged shots and got countered with s1. His s1 is now hitting for about 30-40% health.

I'll sound like a hypocrite because I pushed hard for updates to him but +80% attack with no counter measure is insane. I haven't even seen anyone comment on his ROK spot either.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Good lord... He's in ROK?!

I never got far enough yet to know...

This is no bueno
    kranders wrote: »
    Things just don't look good. There's some mod activity right around the new update then crickets. UM is a massive problem. He is hands-down harder than any mini right now. His sig has always been too complicated being dependent on team members because it doesn't work on the enemy. When alone he arguably has the best sig. I've suggested lowering the level or making his sig buffs instead of base stat increases so it can be countered. Ever since the update I've lost at least one, sometimes 2.5 bots on him in the armor lane because the fight goes too long. I've lost r5 100 sig 26 Mirage in two 4-hit combs and an s1 and nearly 90% health.

This time I tested my own full health Magnus r5 100 sig 15 blocked to get my stacks up so basically with 10 resistance stacks +20% resistance and still only managed to get him down to about 1/4 health. Against all my resistance he killed me with a few combos and two s1s. Twice I fired off two ranged shots and got countered with s1. His s1 is now hitting for about 30-40% health.

I'll sound like a hypocrite because I pushed hard for updates to him but +80% attack with no counter measure is insane. I haven't even seen anyone comment on his ROK spot either.

You aren't a hypocrite its broken. Lets use @kranders UM as an example. Currently his UM's attack power is 1091. Lets stick him on Map 3 with a mod like aim enhancer which doesn't add attack value. The attack power with a sig of 100 will increase 80.35% or take his attack power to 1967.62. Now imagine his base attack value at 1800. No joke here his attack goes to 3246.30. WHAT!!!? You better be a ninja because blocking in high level AMs can't help you win.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs @Kabam Kaled Can someone please please look at this.

This is a trainwreck. Base value of 1800 attack value increases his attack to over 3K

SOMEONE HELP!!!!
    @Kabam Vydious can we get a response on this?
  • Hey Commanders,

We are looking at Ultra Magnus right now, and especially his occurrence in Alliance Missions. We don't have much to share right now, but the team is exploring some potential options.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Hey Commanders,

We are looking at Ultra Magnus right now, and especially his occurrence in Alliance Missions. We don't have much to share right now, but the team is exploring some potential options.

Thanks @Kabam Miike hopefully a temporary solution could just be reducing his sig. Even a 20/30% bonus is doable. But 80% is op
  • kranders wrote: »
    ... He is hands-down harder than any mini right now ...

As ridiculous as he is, I'm not sure he's harder than Galvatron after the update, because the Will of Unicron changes make him pretty damn frustrating in AM.

It's funny, because I would give anything to just have him back to how he was the first time everyone was complaining about the fight being impossible. It was easy IMO back then. Now it is a royal pain in the ass.

Effectively if you don't take bots in with high health, you are pretty overwhelmed in this fight (given all the other crap you have to focus on due to the node effects). I took a bot under 50% and no lie, he had Will of Unicron 4 times in the first minute of the fight. Couldn't really pressure him, because doing so would have pushed me to SP1 and nowhere to dump it, since he was unstoppable the whole time.

@Kabam Miike since Galvatron gets Will of Unicron a lot more often now, can you guys at least look in to making it so that he gets unstoppable immediately if he is going to get it? Right now the way the mechanic works, there is a delay, so it is possible to engage him and have him pick up unstoppable after you start hitting him.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    edited February 2018
    Or just sig lock galvatron and magnus....Boom! Problem solved!

Though having the sigs equal to the map level sounds more fair...
  • Hey Commanders,

So, the team is working on exactly what we want to do here, but we can confirm that we will be making some adjustments to some Bots in the NEXT iteration of Alliance Missions. Unfortunately, we are not able to do it for one that is already running without risking breaking things.

One of our possible solutions includes an adjustment to the Signature Level of Ultra Magnus, but there are also some other Bots that we're looking at as well.

You can expect more details before the start of the next series of Alliance Missions.