Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

This is getting ridiculous

3dee64q69duz.png
Just why? This mod combination was already extremely frustrating with S-100 and now it’s paired with MV1. A bot who is already the hardest hitter in the in the game now has the ability to takedown a bot in less than 10 hits.

These fights are not even fun anymore they just feel like a chore. The mod combinations are just too much now. I’m sure some people will think I’m just being whiny but what do you guys think of this?

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Bloody hell. This is unacceptable I’m honestly in denial of how kabam can be so BLIND. We made several threads of how the mods in expert mode were so damn broken, we had some replies from Kabam and they pull the same crap again. Honestly I hope they clean this mess up quick or I’m done.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Thanks for the tips @Manthro my main problem is that he just hits so damn hard lol but I will definitely bring prowl next time.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Here's a tip with focused frenzy.

Try charging your special to s1 or s2, whichever one uses more multiple hits in quick succession... For Prowl this would be s1, Rhinox s2, wasp s1, etc.

Enter a combo before frenzy kicks in, and use the special just before the moment he goes unstoppable. This does two things:

1) the AI usually doesn't bother blocking while unstoppable, and you'll often stun then instantly.

2) it burns some time off the buff while you are invulnerable, making it easier to dodge the remainder of the buff.

The AI always blocks...
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited February 2018
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    3dee64q69duz.png
    Just why? This mod combination was already extremely frustrating with S-100 and now it’s paired with MV1. A bot who is already the hardest hitter in the in the game now has the ability to takedown a bot in less than 10 hits.

These fights are not even fun anymore they just feel like a chore. The mod combinations are just too much now. I’m sure some people will think I’m just being whiny but what do you guys think of this?

Nodes like these is why I am quitting. Its time.

Been months and nothing has changed
  • Pimping ain’t easy
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    Here's a tip with focused frenzy.

Try charging your special to s1 or s2, whichever one uses more multiple hits in quick succession... For Prowl this would be s1, Rhinox s2, wasp s1, etc.

Enter a combo before frenzy kicks in, and use the special just before the moment he goes unstoppable. This does two things:

1) the AI usually doesn't bother blocking while unstoppable, and you'll often stun then instantly.

2) it burns some time off the buff while you are invulnerable, making it easier to dodge the remainder of the buff.

The AI always blocks...

Not while in mid combo. This is why launching a special works... The AI will try to counter attack while you are invulnerable, taking enough hits to stun itself.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I think Kabam has stated multiple times that expert mode is not for everyone to complete. There are also some who are finding expert mode so easy that they either use one bot for the whole mission, bring their team B/ C/ D teams for the mission, and some asking for an even harder version than expert. Meanwhile, for most players (including myself), Expert is not meant to be a walkover. If you fail the first time, ask around for videos/ tips, then try again and again till you either get through it or well, die trying.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Pimping ain’t easy

But it sure is fun :)
    edited February 2018
    sekop26ickgh.png
    2nd attempt...One more hit would’ve done it but the game conveniently lagged when he used his sp2...why do I even bother with this game.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    Use that mastery!

Personal notice: Kabam has never changed anything in Spotlight mission no matter how hard we shouted, has it? And you surely know the argument: "to be fair for those who finished".
    (Even though Galvatron's SP2 can be dodged.)
    Don’t have the energon right now.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Just keep at it @Nick_80 . It's supposed to be a challenge, hence why it's considered expert difficulty. You'll get through it.
    Thanks @that1guy just got really salty from the lag lol.
  • @Nick_80 checkout for inqosly videos on how to defeat hime while the timw do rest modes like hard and medium
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    If you having problem in expert mode, i suggest you go try hard mode first. Like that1guy said, expert mode is supposed to be challenging.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Same bs. Hitting a bot 3 times will give them a an S3 which they use right away... But no, it takes 10, 20 hits on me to just barely get to S3. I'm tired of this game.
  • Yeah, I’m done being frustrated. I could complete expert, but it’s not worth my mental state. I figured that in the last mission. So I will just go until it gets nuts, then just move on to something else. It isn’t like the rewards are worth it.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I've had luck with bots like Mirage and Soundwave. Mirage's flurry punches combined with well-timed heavies can usually do the job with minimum damage. Soundwave's heavy can often remove all the stacks in one shot, so try him out too.

I know he's not an easy bot, but you guys got this! You have over a month to do it, so don't rush it.
  • I am glad that there's no attacks in comments and only help and suggestion.
    I can try to explain how I look at this. Any game without a challenge is not a fun game. But the challenge supposed to be rational. For example, MV1 with that mods is really strong, but is he beatable? Yes, he is. Is it easy to beat him? No, it's not. But this is expert and I had expert chapter 2 which I didn't explore before because I couldn't. I did't quit. I found the way how to play this game better and then I finished on next Spotlight. If the game in general would be easy, I wouldn't play it because it would be boring. The important part is that Kabam doesn't use illegal tricks on purpose. On last expert I made a comment about mod which was gaining very quick SP while enemy is blocking. I was be able to pass that mod, but I didn't like the idea of the mod where player is not in control and it doesn't matter if it's beatable or not. So far I didn't see anything like that in this expert. Basically, let's accept the challenge and try to beat it)
    There was a time where I could only explore the first chapter, now the whole thing is a breeze. It takes great bot and great skill, which both are developed over time. Keep at it boys! It’s not easy as they say but it’s not impossible. Don’t cry about it being hard just work to finish as much as possible as @StreetFighter said, good post streetfighter
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    edited February 2018
    People also need to experiment with different teams and different bots. Once you have your AM team you should be working on different bots for different scenarios. This is a perfect example. Starscream or Magnus nullify melee and make these a breeze. Magnus especially because you can nullify and BLOCK. People rarely ever block. One ranged, backstep, block, taking down the unstoppable can be done. Combined with his new signature UM can be one of the best story mode bots in the game.

If you don't have a nullify bot then a multi-hit s1 can help take down unstoppable but Magnus and Starscream have amazing utility. OP is not the only tactician and a lot of times the nullify (minimizing damage) can outweigh the damage OP does.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    DonApis wrote: »
    If you having problem in expert mode, i suggest you go try hard mode first. Like that1guy said, expert mode is supposed to be challenging.

I would agree to an extent. The rewards they offer are crap for what the players have to go through. I will never spend one more cent on this game again.
    That bumblebee boss is just a huge middle finger to those with ranged heavies
    edited February 2018
    lol yeah. My guess Kabam saw us mentioning illegality of old SP mod, so this time they used legal mod with increase of SP gain to 43 lol
    ohh it's gonna be fun) Bumble do knows how to evade anything very well
    45rx862qclfy.png
    aul76jhq1m0z.png

It’s a ‘Prime’ example of “just use og prime and you’ll do alright”
    I managed to complete expert mode, bumblebee was just annoying and hound was very easy to take down. MV1 is definitely the real challenge of this spotlight mission.

I also want to thank everyone for the tips and support I appreciate it a lot.
    Bumblebee and mv1. Those bosses are torture devices
  • LynxyLynxy Posts: 13
    mng1d45s3lgb.png
    It wasn’t that hard....
    Lynxy wrote: »
    mng1d45s3lgb.png
    It wasn’t that hard....

Yep I did find the final boss pretty easy but that’s because:
    I have 3 R4 4*
    And soundwave is a very good counter to that hound boss
  • Lynxy wrote: »
    mng1d45s3lgb.png
    It wasn’t that hard....

I have 3 R4 4*

He has 2 r5’s
    Lynxy wrote: »
    mng1d45s3lgb.png
    It wasn’t that hard....

I have 3 R4 4*

He has 2 r5’s

Yep r5 makes it all easier, you pay kabam and they pay you :wink: can’t wait to r5 my og Prime he already does 1k on a heavy at r3