Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Problems with revenge of the fallen Megatron

There a few flaws in Megatron Revenge of the Fallen.
The signature activation level should be a bit higher.
As well know Megatron’s all hail Megatron sigunture when he’s almost dead he heals well if he takes a blow big enough and with heath low enough or if raids facing a bot with Nightbirds mask with the signature awakened with a level high enough Megatron’s the signature is unless.
Megatron Special attack 2 is overpowered.
Megatron special 2 can still do a lot of damage to you even when blocking so if you’re low enough and he actives you are dead even when blocking.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    He's a demo bot. All demo bots have high damage special attacks.

As for his Regen signature.. careful what you wish for. While it sounds like a good idea for the players to put the threshold higher, think about what that means when you play against him.

Right now, it is well balanced. You can blast past it and kill him before it takes full effect, or it heals Megatron as intended. You can play strategy around it.

If it wasn't like this, he would become exponentially more difficult to defeat in AM, and in special content.
  • The biggest problem that I see with him is that the speed of his dash is nearly as fast as the speed of the projectile from his heavy.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    But Megatron... really prefers to coward in the far corner than to dash in. You know, typical Decepticon leader, "ready-to-retreat" style. And Galvatron too, you know who I'm talking about.
  • I've had bugs where Megs sig ability worked instantly. No lag or whatever, but in a few arena fights against him, I've had the "All Hail Megatron" pop up and instantly regained whatever health. I don't know if that's affected anyone else or not, but its a pain in the butt when it does happen.
    Manthro wrote: »
    If it wasn't like this, he would become exponentially more difficult to defeat in AM, and in special content.
    Easy solve for this is to up the threshold to maybe 20% or so when used by players so it triggers sooner and maybe when defending on raids, and keep at original threshold for AM and special stuff.

One other problem I've noticed with him is in tank form, his shots are ridiculously fast, unless I'm playing him (of course!). To the point where if I'm hit, and the shot knocks my bot down, before he can get up, he's hit by a second shot that's almost always a crit.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Try fighting against him in AM with higher sig level
  • One other problem I've noticed with him is in tank form, his shots are ridiculously fast, unless I'm playing him (of course!). To the point where if I'm hit, and the shot knocks my bot down, before he can get up, he's hit by a second shot that's almost always a crit.

There's nothing different about him when the AI plays him unless if he's on a special modded node.

The effect you are talking about is during his unstoppable phase, and it works for you too, if you use it. The AI is programmed to spam heavies during this phase to take advantage of the increased range speed.
  • Yeah, I try that and nearly always get my shots avoided--they skate around the arena better than anyone at the Olympics right now! Admittedly, I'm a bit rusty with him since I only play him in arena matches and have him on base defense.