Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rewards need a revamp

So...the players completing the expert spotlight missions don't need T2a, they need better Sparks. The players finishing hard mode need t2a so they can finish expert mode. I know this has been touched on over and over again but it seems we're being ignored over and over again. I see players with full teams of r5 bots and since the beginning I've only been able to scrape together 2 T2a Sparks. The divide in the top and the bottom is growing exponentially.
Kabam, PLEASE make a way (that doesn't cost $100 because that's insulting) to get t2a and actually rank the bots we have. These days when I get a 4* I pray for a dup Because it seems the only way to make a bot stronger these days.

Comments

• AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Gutzdeep wrote: »
    If you havent noticed they dont seem to care about veteran players. The majority of us have learned their bs games, money traps, and wellour lesson when it comes to getting hosed. Therefore who cares what we think or if we quit... their main goal is focused on the new nieve players dropping loads of cash on crystals that will almost never give you a dang thing.

EXACTLY.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Kabam won't notice this discussion
  • Yea, I have 2 four star bots at rank 5max but not forged max or duped max. My other four star is rank 4max, I can’t get past 1 chapter of expert mode, even doing that I need to spend a lot in revives and repairs. You don’t give us the resources to upgrade our bots to even get the rewards from expert mode, and forget about even trying the next category, those bots are rated 999,999, totally impossible to win,
    Start listening to your veteran players, everything Kabaam does with overcharging and everything is starting to sound like a good class action lawsuit, I don’t know anything about those lawsuits besides sometimes I get something in the mail for a product I bought or whatever and fill paperwork out and I get some kind of check in the mail after the judge decides in court the outcome of the complaint. I don’t know, but this game could be so much fun and enjoyable, but you prevent it from happening Kabaam !!!!!!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2018
    Yea, I have 2 four star bots at rank 5max but not forged max or duped max. My other four star is rank 4max, I can’t get past 1 chapter of expert mode, even doing that I need to spend a lot in revives and repairs. You don’t give us the resources to upgrade our bots to even get the rewards from expert mode, and forget about even trying the next category, those bots are rated 999,999, totally impossible to win,
    Start listening to your veteran players, everything Kabaam does with overcharging and everything is starting to sound like a good class action lawsuit, I don’t know anything about those lawsuits besides sometimes I get something in the mail for a product I bought or whatever and fill paperwork out and I get some kind of check in the mail after the judge decides in court the outcome of the complaint. I don’t know, but this game could be so much fun and enjoyable, but you prevent it from happening Kabaam !!!!!!

sorry mate but you just need to improve - you should be able to 100% explore expert without spending. I managed the last 2 expert spotlights and it has cost me 800 energon in total on revives and repairs... my roster was 1 rank 5, 1 rank 4 and rest rank 3 when I did 100% expert. Then it was 1 rank 5 and a team of rank 4 and it was easy

I agree though, there is definitely a spot inbetween doing hard difficulty really easily and not being able to do more than 100% exploration on a few chapters and maybe a full run through expert. That's what I did though, and spent money on the deals too, but before I had a full team of rank 4 and 1 rank 5, I dod completion and 100% explore chapter 1 and as much of chapter 2 as possibe
  • larriouslarrious Posts: 36
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I agree though, there is definitely a spot inbetween doing hard difficulty really easily and not being able to do more than 100% exploration on a few chapters and maybe a full run through expert.

This is basically the tension btw players and developers. Or more specifically, btw making it challenging and giving players a sense of progression.

Kabam is probably thinking they should make it a big challenge since this is supposed to be the last area, and we're probably not far off assuming they do want us to spill some energon. Or at least shell out some money to get there faster...

Yet, as a player the gap does feel a little too big. Like Hard spotlight is pretty easy for me now, but even Expert Chapter 1 is undoable. Reminds me of Diablo 3 when it first came out. (I think it was Hell mode?) Like Diablo the man himself was easy on Hard mode, and then next you know you actually have to dodge lvl 1 zombies in chapter 1. So yea i definitely welcome some adjustments.

That said, I know I didn't quit because I couldn't do expert. And I also know most players probably won't. And Kabam knows it too.

So most likely Kabam will hear what you're saying, but still do nothing.

• sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Besides the rewards payout there's the issue of enjoyment. There should be a middle ground for that. My 4* team is one R4 and the rest R3. The Hard isn't very hard and the Expert is impossible beyond the first mission. I made it to the second mission boss, a fully maxed out Ironhide with a mod that gives him a sp3 after about 4 or 5 hits. Even if I coaxed him into using his sp1 or 2, as soon as I hit him with a combo he had the sp2 or 3 again. Not fun. Even if I was perfect against him, one sp3 and a r3 or 4 bot is toast.

Oddly enough, the things I think people would pay money for aren't sold as often. T1 and T2 Alpha, T3 basic and T3 class sparks. I think they only make them available here and there so people gobble them up with their $$$ when they are available. I think there would be a steady demand, but hey, I'm sure they have their analytic data showing how best to make profit out of the game.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    @sabre_777 the energy thing on that ironhide is on a timer, it doesnt always get that energy. watch the buffs, read the mod description.
  • sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Sabugen wrote: »
    @sabre_777 the energy thing on that ironhide is on a timer, it doesnt always get that energy. watch the buffs, read the mod description.

Well, maybe it is worth another try then.
    My bad for just blazing in half cocked without reading the mod info
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    sabre_777 wrote: »

Well, maybe it is worth another try then.
    My bad for just blazing in half cocked without reading the mod info

I did rather well using my unduped R3 Rhinox on Ironhide. His shielding ability made IHs specials almost worthless, but you need to trigger his specials while the shield is active naturally. Maybe doesnt help you that much if you dont have Rhinox, but may be other players reading that have the same problem and do have him.
  • Nice thread
    Hard difficulty should be raised and rewards should be like
    1. 3500 T2A
    2. 1 full t3B from completion

And as for Expert
    It’s already improved 1K t3C is big thing.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    edited March 2018
    sabre_777 wrote: »
    Besides the rewards payout there's the issue of enjoyment. There should be a middle ground for that. My 4* team is one R4 and the rest R3. The Hard isn't very hard and the Expert is impossible beyond the first mission. I made it to the second mission boss, a fully maxed out Ironhide with a mod that gives him a sp3 after about 4 or 5 hits. Even if I coaxed him into using his sp1 or 2, as soon as I hit him with a combo he had the sp2 or 3 again. Not fun. Even if I was perfect against him, one sp3 and a r3 or 4 bot is toast.

I completely agree with this. I'm constantly wondering if the developers have completely forgotten that this game is supposed to be fun. Creating sadistically strong opponents does not make for good gameplay.

I have a 7 year old who likes to play Super Mario Maker and keep showing me the "impossible" levels that he loves to create. It's hard to explain to a 7 year old that it may be fun for him to think about, but no one out there wants to play an "impossible" level. I think the developers on this game have fallen into the same mindset as my kid.

No one wins if the levels they present are too hard for the players to have fun. All it does is chase players away.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i dunno i did the first expert with 3 or 4 r3 bots, the next with one r4 the next with 2 r4, now i have 3 r5. its doable, just don't give up and you will get better. expert isnt only about bot strength, its about being a sort of 'expert' in the gameplay.
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    edited March 2018
    i dunno i did the first expert with 3 or 4 r3 bots, the next with one r4 the next with 2 r4, now i have 3 r5. its doable, just don't give up and you will get better. expert isnt only about bot strength, its about being a sort of 'expert' in the gameplay.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve completed every expert there has been. I think I was still using 2 or 3 3* bots when the first one came out. Just focus on the mods you are facing. Fight patiently and always look to counterattack. It can be done without using any items.
  • larriouslarrious Posts: 36
    OK i read the comments and actually did Expert 1 IH again. Turns out it really was an issue of studying the mods and learning to time your attacks better.

So I'm taking back my comment on it being way too hard for those who cleared HARD.

The issue is one of onboarding.

The mod info is there. And we've all learnt to read mods by the time you get to expert. Yet most of the time, I'm still reading with a somewhat complacent attitude carried from owning Hard mode. So it may not be clear to you until you wipe a couple times and head to the forums.

My first bot died a sad death. I hit him a couple times and he's full. I'm like what?

The 2nd one was smarter but he hit me and same ending.

The 3rd actually got some headway, but I learnt that there is no timer on the recharge. So you could be mid combo and go oh oh. Same result.

Finally Rhinox (and I think mitigation helped, but mostly power lock just disabled the mod) came in and cleared him.

So, I don't know how else we can onboard players better, but for every one of us who finally understand the name of the game we're playing, I'm sure there's a lot of others who are still struggling to make sense of the mod. Maybe there should be some kind of warning sign or reminder after someone is down to his last bot. He might wipe, but at least it gives him some hope he can clear it next time. we read But there were a couple things I think could ease players in better. Good luck folks