Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

S3 doesn't use impair charges against Primal

So far I'm 2 for 2 with the demo Megatron's S3 against Optimus Primal where it doesn't take into account the impair charges. In each instance, Primal did have some armor stacks, but I don't think that's supposed to prevent the impair charges is it?

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• I did like every time when I am in a Primal vs Megatron fight.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Primals’ armor does effect any kind of crit burst damage, or crit hits, hes basically immune to that kind of damage which makes him a pain if you have to use demos against him, you have to wait for him to use his heavy to burn all his stacks then unleash your specials.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Primals’ armor does effect any kind of crit burst damage, or crit hits, hes basically immune to that kind of damage which makes him a pain if you have to use demos against him, you have to wait for him to use his heavy to burn all his stacks then unleash your specials.

Even still, it's never guaranteed, because any attack against Primal has the chance to trigger a Crit armour buff. Primal is demo bot kryptonite
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Gain yellow armor even before the converted attack buff expires?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Gain yellow armor even before the converted attack buff expires?

Yes, it is possible
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Oh okay, so I guess the yellow armor prevents the use of impair charges in the special. At least it works with his heavy attack. (I think I saw it take)
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    No. You cannot crit against Primal's armor. Megatron converts impair charges on a crit whether on heavy or s3. If he has armor up you cannot crit.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I begin to understand why so many people (forum gurus, tube streamers) list OPL as top bots, even dethroning Motormaster. His immunity to crit grants him advantage to almost three entire classes (Warrior, Scout and Demo)!

Yet I still put him on base defense....
  • Widow wrote: »
    Yeah demos are useless against primal. Any bot that relies on crit damage is gonna have a hard time dropping him. I’ve got an R5 sig 15 forge 100 on HA in my base. Come test him out!!!!

If I ever pull you, I'll be sure to bring g1 megatron along :D
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    kranders wrote: »
    No. You cannot crit against Primal's armor. Megatron converts impair charges on a crit whether on heavy or s3. If he has armor up you cannot crit.

Yeah, you’re right. Finally had another Megatron v Primal and paid attention to his heavies. I could’ve sworn I saw it before though, but I guess not.