Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dinobot Deal

Sooo...intriguing deal.

Can we expect to see a daily or 2-day deal now for all the previous bots?

Comments

• That would be awesome.
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    edited February 2018
    Price is way to high though, I don't even pay $50 for a full PS4 game anymore. Paying that much for a single bot on a mobile game seems crazy to me, guess that's just me be old school.

Sorry I'll go yell at the kids to get off my lawn now.

Hahahahaha! Darn kids

I have to admit, it that deal was a OG Prime... My cheapass would be very tempted... He is practically the only 4* I don’t have, and my most wanted.
  • I would so pay that if it was a 4 star Grimlock. But other than that I think I will pass.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    You get a 4* tactician awakening program as well.So you can awaken Og,Starscream if you have them,plus add a few levels.
    And their sig. is really good.
    The gold also.
    Not a cheap deal,but is a good value.

Stick to it,hopefully they start offering other 4* bots like this.
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Maybe. If it's in the energon store, only limited amounts of people will actually buy it. If it is on the home screen and is purchasable via Energon, more people are bound to purchase it.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I'd even be ok with a 24 hour deal that allows you to pick one bot from each class. Have it run six days, with a different class per day.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited February 2018
    You probably already have one dinobot unless you are new, since he was a featured bot. So for many it is more like duping two tacticians (one of them dinobot) for $50 (so 10,000 more shards too) for $50, with some alphas and a t2b thrown in. Which isn't actually bad, cause there were 2 tactician featured lately, so you could dupe dinobot and megatron G1 for $50 for example. It's not the worst offer I've seen for sure.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It's a smart move to milk the new, since the veterans are exploring expert, autofighting.
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    edited February 2018
    I bought it. I needed the gold, and an extra 4 sig on OG is always nice
  • Its a decent offer. I’m just wondering why Dinobot? Out of all the bots why offer him, he certainly wasn’t getting the most requests.

Maybe during his spotlight, players spent the least time/money to get him so kabam wants to give us another shot? I dunno really :blush:
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    I would pay that for a 4* MV1.. @Kabam Miike please consider.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Did anyone else notice that dinobot was added to the crystal pool the same day the offer came out? Lol
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that dinobot was added to the crystal pool the same day the offer came out? Lol

Yes, just pulled a 3* Dinobot from PBC.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited February 2018
    I didnt buy this offer - but I do think its one of the better valued offers that Kabam has offered recently.

I just want to point something out to those who say things like "I dont even pay $50 for a PS4 game" or "I cant justify paying for lines of code" - I feel I need to point out the fact that this is a 100% free to play game. You can play it for an unlimited amount of time, online with other players, with no monthly fees, or fees to open up different areas or "expansions" in the game.

When you buy a new game nowadays, you will most likely be paying between $50-$65. WIth that you usually just get the game and thats it. If its a multiplayer game, you will usually need to pay monthly subscription costs (either to the game itself, or through PSN/XBox Live) in order to play that game online with your friends. And when expansion packs come out, you usually have to buy those also. When the game comes out with an expansion, you usually have to pay to download that DLC to add on to your game. On top of all of that, many games have adopted the "loot crate" type of system that allows players to advance in the game faster than other players, by opening up their wallets. And while you could make a similar argument about this game, just remember - you didnt pay ANYTHING to download and play this game.

Also, a new game tends to hold most peoples attention for maybe a month or two. If you are lucky, you will find a game that will hold your attention for a few months. After beating most games once or twice, the vast majority of them just get put on the shelf and are rarely played again. Of course, their are exceptions, but on average, thats how most games work. Compare that time to how much you spend playing "free" games on your phone or tablet like this one. I have been playing this game nearly every day since its release. For me, there are VERY few games that can hold my interest on a near daily basis for over a year without forcing me to spend money on anything.

The only way these games survive is from players who spend money on the game.

As for the Dino deal - the deal is great for those players who already have an Unduped Dino, because not only will you dupe your Dino, but you will have an extra 4* awakening program to awaken a different tact bot either now, or later. And Dinobot is a solid bot, who only gets better once hes awakened. So, from that perspective you have to ask, if they offered a deal to buy Dinobot for $25, or if they offered a 4* Class Specific Awakening program for $25, would you consider those good deals? And even if you dont currently have Dinobot, there is nothing that says you HAVE to use that 4* Awakening program on him if you bought this deal. Save it for the next tact bot thats featured.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Personally I think this deal is amazing. I'd have jumped on it if I'd have had the extra $50.
    $50 is a tad steep though, maybe $40....but I super appreciate the offer anyway and hope to see more of these in the future.
    As a business move though, you'd make tons more one selling it at a cheaper price... quantity of sales always beats the elite price.
    Good package though. Gold star.
    It's year 2018 now but people are still comparing game expense against tangible goods, like it's Kabam's invention? How about comparing the salary of the respective workers?
  • So to put the complaints on this into context. The new cash store item is a 4* sig unlock selling for the same $50 lol.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah, was seriously thinking closer to $30 for that awakening deal. Kabam scores the touchdown the other day and misses the extra point today, lol.