Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam over-sold t3c sparks

SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Alright, so Kabam over sold t3c sparks which left people with nothing to aspire for in the game and caused more than 50% of veteran players to quit the game.
Now, as i'm sure this game is built on returning customers, how about you stop selling them and start motivating the remaining players with ways to get them by playing. Selling deals like the dino one is a pretty good way to make a living, sparks should not be sold, or at most, sell one and stop. There's almost no one left to play, nobody is even trying to compete in AM, especially with the large new addition of bugs and glitches. So Kabam, give us a reason to play.

Comments

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Manthro wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.

No offers, players complain.

Offers come out, someone says they oversold them.. which is honestly a massively weak argument.

There are at least 4(5?)of every class bot in the game. That is, at minimum, 24 bots for players to r5.

There have not been anywhere near 24 t3c sparks made available in total between rewards and purchase.

There needs to be more end game content for those players that got so far ahead of the curve, sure. But having "too many T3c" available for purchase sure isn't the defining factor, considering the size of the current bot roster.

I didn't say to not sell, that's what the game is based on, but you need to know what to sell.
    It is not an exaggeration that more than 50% of veteran players quit playing due to overselling that specific item. You can't argue with that fact.
    It's a basic principle, if you want someone to keep coming back you must never allow them to reach the final destination. They'll quit immediately.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I don't think it's necessarily a question of sparks so much as it is new challenging content for fully ranked and forged 4 star bots (or lack thereof) that has caused a lot of people to take a break.

They got the sparks but now there's nothing to really use them on, content-wise so they're bored. Spotlight is pretty easy at this point for guys at that level and RoK (the only challenging content really out there) was most likely completed by them months ago now. They need more Expert/Legendary/Insane type events/game modes to lure them back in (besides AM mods) so I'm hoping that will happen soon and with recurring frequency (30 days between new content is too long; shorten the Spotlights and pin Gauntlet events on to the end of the month.

Legends of Cybertron Chapter 2 is long overdue with all new bots as bosses. If the speculation is true and that there's a possibility of 6 lanes to this chapter then it makes sense to put a T3C from every class at the end of each lane. That would be a good use of them. Bring the Star Saber relic back as a reward with some incredible bonus for equipping it, lol. Put some 4 star exclusive mods as rewards too.

They can do stuff like that to bring players back while they work on the next big game mode that will hopefully keep the players this time.
    edited February 2018
    yeah thats what im saying they have the sparks and nothing to do with them. would be better if they were still chasing sparks since there's obviously no more content. when you let someone climb a step you need to have the next step ready for them to reach for.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd love to see an affordable t3c. I can't for the life of me get even 1 part of an r5 groupof resources together
  • Whether or not they sold too many is up for discussion, I suppose. But, what you are missing is how they value resources like t3c, t2a, etc vs 4* shards and bots.

Bottom line, 4* and by extension sig programs are a very static value. These items hold a specific cost for a very long time, basically until 5* comes along.

However, resources like t3c are constantly diminishing in value. They start off at obscene prices and are THE marquee item for them to sell. So not only are these items able to be sold for ridiculous amounts, the amount amount they can make from them is always decreasing. This basically means they need to sell them while they can.

Yes it is a delicate balance. They can't risk flooding the market with them. But, there is also the question of how long they expect the game to last. The kind of money those items would fetch, they certainly understand that won't last forever.

Maybe they sold too many, maybe they didn't... But telling them to sell their highly valued 4* instead is not a solution, at least not for them. That solution is only good for the players.
    things like the dinobot mega pack are an excellent way to sell a different item every time, also energon cards, tier2 class sparks, gold, AM items, are all things that you will always need more of. t3c sparks with current content you really only need 3 of, so sell 1 and dont kill the game.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    T3C is a better deal than flushing revives down the toilet.
  • @Widow thank goodness someone isn’t compliaing how bad the game is ir how “everyone” is quitting. Spread the positivity bro. Things take time entertainment and resources to fix in this game. Be patient folks
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    edited February 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    There have not been anywhere near 24 t3c sparks made available in total between rewards and purchase.

Totally true. Hardly if anyone has a full 5 team of 4* r5s (maybe 10-20 people out of the entire 25,000 people playing) so it's not like the majority of players are hitting the can't upgrade any further wall.

I expect that sometime this year the 5*s will appear, and then it'll take 2 t3c (and probably t4b) to r4 a 5*, and 3 t3c to r5 (as well as t4b and t3a)

The wall will probably be gone way before anyone reaches it, with new t4b and t3a rarities

The only wall I had a problem with was the getting 1 t3c wall, which was actually not a wall, just a hurdle.. and it seems to be crumbling atm...

Hopefully, 5*s and a doubly difficult Legends of Cybertron Chapter 2 will release around the same time (for the 1 year mark in April would be awesome) and it could offer those new rare sparks as rewards
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Widow wrote: »
    I don’t have the source but I believe this game ranked 32nd in overall net profit this year. This game is not dying like everyone claims. Not even close. Learn to make the game fun again for yourself and quit believeing all the nonsense everyone fills your ears with. This game isn’t going anywhere.

I tried to find some source but failed.
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/149773/transformers-forged-to-fight/
    no rank here.